Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    My recollection of one of the spoiler shots where Mitchell is petting the gate at the beginning of the Season - my recollection is that Mitchell's fruit salad rivalled Jacks (and left Sam's looking like she was 4 grades lower than Cam).
    Strangely enough, I'm not in the least surprised by this.

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    I wonder what 'Organization Excellence Award' is for...? Being a neat freak?
    The Air Force Organizational Excellence award recognizes the achievements and accomplishments of U.S. Air Force organizations or activities. It is awarded to Air Force internal organizations that are entities within larger organizations. They are unique, unnumbered organizations or activities that perform functions normally performed by numbered wings, groups, squadrons, etc.

http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/awar...coration=AFOEA

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      Strangely enough, I'm not in the least surprised by this.
      me neither.

in the all important 'deify cambo' something has to give....and while all due attention seems to be given to cam's status, sam is sorta forgotten

same level of 'oops' when they promoted sam and then had to be told that they had to promote janet too or the women couldn't cll each other by their first names
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Air Force Organizational Excellence award recognizes the achievements and accomplishments of U.S. Air Force organizations or activities. It is awarded to Air Force internal organizations that are entities within larger organizations. They are unique, unnumbered organizations or activities that perform functions normally performed by numbered wings, groups, squadrons, etc.

http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/awar...coration=AFOEA
        Thanks for the info and the link, ReganX! And Carter has definitely earned her 'V' for combat (actually several 'V's!).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          me neither.

in the all important 'deify cambo' something has to give....and while all due attention seems to be given to cam's status, sam is sorta forgotten
          And, ironically, trying to make Cam into a great hero has backfired to a certain extent, since they've (a) made his qualifications unrealistic and (b) not had him behave as somebody with an "impeccable" record and "outstanding leadership skills" would be expected to behave.

same level of 'oops' when they promoted sam and then had to be told that they had to promote janet too or the women couldn't cll each other by their first names
          The poor Air Force advisor must be wondering what he or she did wrong in their last life to deserve having the job in this one. I don't envy them.

As far as Sam's extra fruit salad goes, she really should be wearing the Air Medal ribbon. We know that she was awarded that one.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I wouldn't worry so much about the ribbons she wears. Its more a prop department thing, that they haven't gotten right at all on anyone. Take a look at Colonel Chekov's ribbons - they are just rows of the same patterned ribbons
            They've got numerous consistency errors on Jack's awards too. Sometimes he has Vietnam service awards, sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't have the expert small arms markmanship ribbon like Carter does etc etc. It's not a case of the PTB 'disrepecting the character' (I see way too much of that crap flung around too, but thats another issue...) but more of minor detail that gets overlooked mainly because the large majority of the audience wouldn't have a clue anyway.

Comment

As far as Sam's extra fruit salad goes, she really should be wearing the Air Medal ribbon. We know that she was awarded that one.
              yes, she should. after all it's a canon award

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                I wouldn't worry so much about the ribbons she wears. Its more a prop department thing, that they haven't gotten right at all on anyone. Take a look at Colonel Chekov's ribbons - they are just rows of the same patterned ribbons
                They've got numerous consistency errors on Jack's awards too. Sometimes he has Vietnam service awards, sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't have the expert small arms markmanship ribbon like Carter does etc etc. It's not a case of the PTB 'disrepecting the character' (I see way too much of that crap flung around too, but thats another issue...) but more of minor detail that gets overlooked mainly because the large majority of the audience wouldn't have a clue anyway.
                very good point. and y es, you are right. i doubt it's deliberate, just not caring (not in a malicious way)

however, for a show where they used to redo a scene because janet's points (the little tie thing) were off kilter, it's a bit odd that they don't do a little reserach, or have their af advisor do it.

after all, that's what they're there for

sigpic

Comment

very good point. and y es, you are right. i doubt it's deliberate, just not caring (not in a malicious way)

however, for a show where they used to redo a scene because janet's points (the little tie thing) were off kilter, it's a bit odd that they don't do a little reserach, or have their af advisor do it.

after all, that's what they're there for
                  yes, but the ribbons have always been incosistent. It's nothing new

Comment

Stolen from the Sam and Vala thread, a cap from a s10 preview

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                      That is gorgeous. Love the look on her face! "Do not mess with me: you will not win!"

Have you ever read SGCBearcub's work? You can find it at fanfiction.net - she loves tough-Sam, but still has a very feminine side to her stories.

If you like Sam/Jack then it's a bonus, several of her stories feature a very direct S/J theme, others are just like the show, friendship.

But I love the way she writes Sam - her stuff is also slightly psych-technical, which I really enjoy.

Sel.
                      i just read one of her stories (Banshee)....

WOW!!

quite the sam angst and sam mental whumpage. i was a bit confused in spots, but still WOW. and i want a sequel!

thanks for recommending this author, sel.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

WOW!!

quite the sam angst and sam mental whumpage. i was a bit confused in spots, but still WOW. and i want a sequel!

sally
                        Her latest w-i-p is amazing. Just super. But she's only just begun it - has a couple chapters written - and she hasn't updated in months. So I was a bit bummed about that. I hope she does finish it. The story idea alone is brilliant, if you ask me. That's why I try not to start WIPs, especially from fantastic authors. I can't take the stress of waiting! lol

Sel - I love your stuff too. I should have mentioned that earlier. I've read all of your stories on ff.net and every one of them is amazing. Same caliber as bearcub.

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Her latest w-i-p is amazing. Just super. But she's only just begun it - has a couple chapters written - and she hasn't updated in months. So I was a bit bummed about that. I hope she does finish it. The story idea alone is brilliant, if you ask me. That's why I try not to start WIPs, especially from fantastic authors. I can't take the stress of waiting! lol
                          Hah. tell me about it! I should prod her for that next chapter. I thought she had the whole thing finished, but there were issues with her computer, so I'm hoping she still has it all!

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Sel - I love your stuff too. I should have mentioned that earlier. I've read all of your stories on ff.net and every one of them is amazing. Same caliber as bearcub.
                          Thanks! I like bearcub's a lot better (probably because I don't have to go through the stress of writing them myself!) but I'm glad you like them!

I have a longfic coming out in June - it was originally featured in the zine Revelations III, but with Revelatons IV coming out, I'm allowed to post it on the net for the first time as of the 1st June. (I have a Sam-focused story in Rev IV as well - as does Skydiver). So keep your eyes peeled for that one!

Sel.

Comment

I have a longfic coming out in June - it was originally featured in the zine Revelations III, but with Revelatons IV coming out, I'm allowed to post it on the net for the first time as of the 1st June. (I have a Sam-focused story in Rev IV as well - as does Skydiver). So keep your eyes peeled for that one!

Sel.
                            yeah, but we get to post them at the end of the month or so.

i'll need to drag out rev 3 and see what story i have in it. i can't remember

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              That is gorgeous. Love the look on her face! "Do not mess with me: you will not win!"

Have you ever read SGCBearcub's work? You can find it at fanfiction.net - she loves tough-Sam, but still has a very feminine side to her stories.

If you like Sam/Jack then it's a bonus, several of her stories feature a very direct S/J theme, others are just like the show, friendship.

But I love the way she writes Sam - her stuff is also slightly psych-technical, which I really enjoy.

Sel.

WOW!!

sally
                              Yowza! I just finished reading the same fic (Banshee) -- very, very well written. I too, was confewzzled a bit, but it made sense in the end. Here are a couple of my favorite lines:
                              Spoiler:
                              "It was not lost on anyone that every part of her outfit was a weapon. Kul bodysuit, Ancient energy weapon, Jaffa zat-gun, Tau'ri knife, and Goa'uld hand device. Banshee was a regular poster child for the intergalactic NRA. Even the image itself, insane Goa'uld on a mission, was a weapon. The truth was simple. Banshee was a weapon. Created by Colonel Carter with a chaser of SG-1."

..and...

"Christ, she was over-the-top. Carter might have been lethal, but she had been a bit more subtle about it. Banshee was about as inconspicuous as a brick upside the head."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Stolen from the Sam and Vala thread, a cap from a s10 preview

Spoiler:

LOL, yeah. That pic looks pretty cool. Of course they've gotta make good on their previews/teases, because if that's a cap from some 14-frame cut away between Cameron and more Cameron, I'm not quite sure I wanna see it anymore.

OK, I'm only mildly serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X