Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver

ahem, ok, so how come no one has sent me one single vote for the best sam eps of s6???????

not one. nothing today, i'm feeling neglected
    Still reviewing episodes Sky. These votes are great excuses to pull out the DVDs. (as if I need an excuse )

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      If we could figure out how to put together the proper fruid-salad for Sam, how much would it cost us to do it? Anyone know?

geek
      Are you thinking of sending something to AT? Maybe we could do a virtual rendition and send it on. Samanda knows that these are the ribbons Sam really is supposed to have...a way to send AT moral support?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Are you thinking of sending something to AT? Maybe we could do a virtual rendition and send it on. Samanda knows that these are the ribbons Sam really is supposed to have...a way to send AT moral support?
        That's a nice idea.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

If Sam wore all she deserved she'd look like a blinkin christmas tree.
          scarimor

Comment

Still reviewing episodes Sky. These votes are great excuses to pull out the DVDs. (as if I need an excuse )
            Yup. Plus there's a few of us that don't remember if she voted for Season 5 or what she picked.

Did I end up with Desperate Measures or Fifth Man???

This kind of dilemma can tie one up for simply DAYS.

*mumbles incoherently*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
              If Sam wore all she deserved she'd look like a blinkin christmas tree.
              Well, not even EVERYTHING. Just a good representation of what the show should give her. So she doesn't look like the least-decorated hero in the entire program.

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i replying to something astro said in the samanda whinge nuts thread.

i'd LOVE for sam to command a ship too!

i've thought about it, and i think it would be neat if thor and the sgc had created a new hybrid asgard/earth ship. thor calls it 'the samantha carter', but sam says noooo.

but it's built and commissioned... and thor and the president want sam to be the commander of the ship. sam says yes, but only if they change the name! (she can't see herself saying she's samantha carter, commanding 'the samantha carter' ) so sam comes up with a few names to choose from: 'genesis', 'phoenix', 'explorer', 'grand' 'stargate'. and she still says no to 'enterprise'.

as much as i don't want sam to leave sg1, the show's changed so much that i won't fall apart if she leaves the show to continue in a spin-off. BUT ONLY IF SHE IS SPUN-OFF ON ANOTHER SHOW!

sally
                Dude... That is such an awesome idea for a show. I'd watch it in a heartbeat - make that less than a heartbeat.

Commander Carter has an excellent ring to it.

/daydream... again

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Dude... That is such an awesome idea for a show. I'd watch it in a heartbeat - make that less than a heartbeat.

Commander Carter has an excellent ring to it.

/daydream... again
                  Wouldn't she use her Air Force rank? They could make her a full colonel before she takes off.

Colonel Samantha Carter, commander of the Athena.

Comment

sounds good to me.

and they can't cost all that much, that's what army surplus stores are for.

and if they do, well we have a talented artist amongst us. surely we can draw something to give her. 'here's the medals sam SHOULD have'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      : eyelids flutter : ... keep talking amongst yourselves while i dream off to that happy place...
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        For all of you going to the Shore Leave convention - you have to get Amanda to do a Ralph Wiggum voice (seeing as its her favourite Simpsons character) and record it
                        Oh, Holy Moses... I would totally break my "No Questions" rule to ask her that.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Wouldn't she use her Air Force rank? They could make her a full colonel before she takes off.

That too.

Comment

you know what we can do????

somewhere there has to be a nice picture of sam in her dress uni

someone can then do the research, come up with a list of the medals she SHOULD have. we can nick images of those awards off the net, manip the pic of sam to put said awards on her dress unis. then print out the picture along iwth a list of the awards and mail it to her so that she can hand it over to the costuming folks and say 'ok, they did hte research, you go shopping, this is what sam should be wearing'

cheap for us, little time consuming, easy to mail but still a way to get the message across
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

someone can then do the research, come up with a list of the medals she SHOULD have. we can nick images of those awards off the net, manip the pic of sam to put said awards on her dress unis. then print out the picture along iwth a list of the awards and mail it to her so that she can hand it over to the costuming folks and say 'ok, they did hte research, you go shopping, this is what sam should be wearing'

cheap for us, little time consuming, easy to mail but still a way to get the message across
                              Wikipedia has a pretty detailed list, plus pictures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...tates_military

Comment

This is the clearest photo of Sam's ribbons that I recall seeing.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7...80900015rc.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X