• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Streisand song titles for episodes: 'not while i'm around'
    Sounds like a perfect episode for Sam in Mama Bear mode
    ooh, likey!

the one song that really got to me, samwise, was 'papa, can you hear me?'. i just thought of sam and jacob...

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I was just watching S6's 2001 (on tape ) and I thought it was a pretty good Sam episode. You get Scientist Sam explaining things to a room full of diplomats as well as base personell. You get Sam having to make a decision to do something Hammond tells her he can't order her to do. You have sodleir Sam going off to face the possible enemy without SG1 and having to accompany the ambassador. Then Sam has to make a terrible decision in having to leave the ambassador behind to save earth, then having to cut that rope knowing how painful that landing is going to be. And yet she gets no comfort from any of her teammates! Ooooh that really irks me!

So I am thinking about voting for 2001
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        I was just watching S6's 2001 (on tape ) and I thought it was a pretty good Sam episode. You get Scientist Sam explaining things to a room full of diplomats as well as base personell. You get Sam having to make a decision to do something Hammond tells her he can't order her to do. You have sodleir Sam going off to face the possible enemy without SG1 and having to accompany the ambassador. Then Sam has to make a terrible decision in having to leave the ambassador behind to save earth, then having to cut that rope knowing how painful that landing is going to be. And yet she gets no comfort from any of her teammates! Ooooh that really irks me!

So I am thinking about voting for 2001
        "2001" is in Season Five.

It ticks me off too that none of Sam's teammates expressed concern for her or tried to comfort her.

The only reson I can think of is because they didn't want to give Kinsey any ammo to say that they were too close and should be separated.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          ooh, likey!

the one song that really got to me, samwise, was 'papa, can you hear me?'. i just thought of sam and jacob...

sally
          Uh oh, I think Sal is crying at her computer again. Sal put the Barbra away!
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            "2001" is in Season Five.
            Ooops Nevermind

Edit: its mixed in with my s6 tape
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
              My cat just likes figure skating. She's SO my kid.

I'm glad you were able to get past your first impressions. So many people I've run into, in the fandom, haven't ever managed to get past that with Sam. At least that's why I think so many of them don't like her. I can't fathom it myself.
              the only fans i've ever seen not like sam (and i'm talking serious dislike) are those that are ticked at her for taking their preferred ship pairing away or taking away screen time from their preferred character. really.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

the only fans i've ever seen not like sam (and i'm talking serious dislike) are those that are ticked at her for taking their preferred ship pairing away or taking away screen time from their preferred character. really.

sally
                Which ship?

Comment

sally
                  But..but they were never going to do a Jack/Daniel ship
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    Probably a good thing I forgot to vote. It would have been a tie.
                    Naw, because I forgot to vote too and I would have gone with the other one

Comment

For those of you who don't mind a little ship with your team, Annerb has a new fic that's just fantastic.

http://www.annerb.com/exodus.html
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Naw, because I forgot to vote too and I would have gone with the other one
                        Is it bad if I can't remember whether I voted or not?

I'm pretty sure golfbooy swayed in some way, but I'm not sure... Hmmm...

I'm just kinda glad that Desperate Measures didn't win. Because Sam Doesn't Do Damsel.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                          This got me thinking, and maybe some of the thread members with military knowledge will know how to answer this: Can Sam ever officially be awarded a medal that requires heroic action in combat? Because 'officially', women are not supposed to be in combat positions. Perhaps that is why she hasn't been given a Bronze or Silver Star yet.
                          Women are allowed to fly in combat aircraft in combat missions. I think its more due to the problems of giving people who work in highly classified positions awards that would rouse suspicion. The same reason soldiers who work in Special Forces often miss out on awards and career opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Women are allowed to fly in combat aircraft in combat missions. I think its more due to the problems of giving people who work in highly classified positions awards that would rouse suspicion. The same reason soldiers who work in Special Forces often miss out on awards and career opportunities.
                            I agree that classification is more likely to be the reason. And women must be "officially" allowed in combat positions, because they have to be on long term contraception if they are posted in combat situations.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                              Not that I've given it any thought or anything, but:

The best Sam episode of season six, eh?

(snipped)

wonderful post!! now i want to watch all those eps again.

and i'm going to have to make up my mind on which ep's the best sam ep... oh, poo, i don't like using my mind. what's that saying? a mind's a terrible thing to use? no. a mind's a terrible thing to waste? or waste is a terrible thing to mind?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                It probably looked odd enough that Sam and Jack got Air Medals, or that she was promoted twice, for working with deep space radar telemetry.

Comment

Working...
                                X