Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    A 2 or 3 parter would be great. However, they could also do this without showing most of it; that is, show Daniel trying to figure out where Sam went. Her 'cover' story doesn't hold up because he wants to ask her something about something they found at a new site... he can't get through to her - and he's persistent and gets frustrated... shows some of the newer, more aggressive and tougher Daniel that we've seen in the last few seasons. He calls Jack to see what he can find out... Jack is evasive. It turns out that much of the mission plan was Jack's planning - but he didn't think it would ever actually be acted on - it was just one of countless strategic brainstorming sessions that he attended. Now, he's having a tough time dealing with the fact that he basically created a plan that only one person could lead and execute successfully - Carter. He knows her military field skills and talents and he unconsciously created this without realizing that he was tailoring it to her talents. Ultimately, the plan was enacted when he was off at a conference with the Asgard (Jack wasn't physically on Earth - maybe he's an Ambassador by then). Jack knows that the rest of the Joint Chiefs and the NID deliberately waited until he wasn't around to set the plan into motion. So he's pissed that they went around him -that they used him (here he shares the same frustration as Carter) - and he feels responsible for what Carter was sent off to do.

We would see these discussions and vented frustrations and revelations interspersed with what we would hear of each successful stage of Carter's op after it happens and the news trickles back to Earth and the SGC.

And then Carter and her team would return. Beaten up and whumped - but they would return against all odds. A crippling blow is dealt to the evil supervillains.

We would hear anecdotes - and see flashback scenes - of Carter's team's exploits in the field. We'd see the dedication and fierce loyalty that she earned from the surviving members of her team.

Over ensuing episodes (dealing with other topics), we would occassionally get references to more of the daring exploits and heroism of Carter and her team from their dangerous mission.

Such a rendering would yield depth, strength, heroism and mystery to Carter's character. It would be a deep, rich source of backstory that could be developed with wonderful one or two line comments in other episodes. Tantalizing and teasing and, ultimately, enriching if done correctly.

Jack angst, anger and frustration with the military - that he's a part of. Daniel's anger and frustration with the military and how they often deal with things. Carter's competence and intelligence. Action and valor in the field. Heroes all around - with some powerful emotional scenes for the guys while Carter is heroic and competent.
    This would be absolutely fantastic!! This is the type of episode I've been dying to see for a long time. And this would be the perfect time for it in terms of the character development of each of the original members of SG1.

So...when will we see this episode?
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

<huge sigh> soo...what to say for my 1,000th post. oh gosh, this is hard. i don't wanna skrew it up....

ah!!! i can't take this pressure! and i'm this close to breaking 400 rep too! no, everything at once!

ok, dug something up. not the greatest, but there's always 10,000, right?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        <huge sigh> soo...what to say for my 1,000th post. oh gosh, this is hard. i don't wanna skrew it up....

ah!!! i can't take this pressure! and i'm this close to breaking 400 rep too! no, everything at once!

ok, dug something up. not the greatest, but there's always 10,000, right?
        I'm not allowed green you, but Happy 1,000th post.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Whooo!

And obviously the
          Spoiler:
          forbidden romance is Sam/Vala. They did say fans of every stripe
          Well I was thinking more along the lines of Sam really loving silver body paint and guys wearing it.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
            Anyone care to caption this one?

O'Neill: Speeding again Carter
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

sniff. i'm locked out of the green jello fridge too

oh well, i'll catch up with you as soon as i can, happy 1K
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Dang ParadoxRealities what have you done, that no one can green you Welcome to the Royal Guard
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Sam: What's this?

Jack: My list. I believe it was you who said that the loser would be the winner's slave for one entire day, Carter. That means you belong to me for 24 hours.

Sam: So you made a list?

Jack: Of course I did, I didn't want to forget anything important.

Sam read the list.

Sam: Oh please. There is NO way I'm going to do #4 OR #7 *hands list back to Jack* and if you think I would seriously dress up like Dorothy and sing 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' you're crazy than I thought...sir.

Sam turns and leaves.

Jack: *grins at Teal'c* That's my personal favorite.

ROFLMAO
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    big spoilers for s10 -

Spoiler:

first off, i don't know the names of any of the s10 except '200', so please excuse not naming which eps i'm talking about.

one of the eps for season 10...

isn't the newest commander of ? (i don't know the name of the current space ship) going to die?....

do you think, guys, that they're setting up sam taking over? i wouldn't mind that at all!!

and do you think they're going to STOP the curse of commanders being killed off? they better, because if they touch one hair on sam's head...

quick, take this out of my head!

but really, do you think sam might be the eventual commander of (can't remember name) ship?

sally
                    I was thinking along similar lines but then my cynical side kicked in and ......
                    Spoiler:
                    TPTB promote Sam to full colonel and give her command of the ship but only so they can make her a recurring character prior to either (in the new tradition) getting killed (does a red shirt come with command of a ship now?) or they forget about the character and write her out of the series

*BAD RoX!! BAD thoughts!!*

OK that's it - NO more spoilers, NO more interviews and NO more commentary transcripts for me till Season 10 starts. (I wonder how long I can hold out??)

Any of you reformed spoiler addicts out there - got any tips???
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Dang ParadoxRealities what have you done, that no one can green you Welcome to the Royal Guard
                      I got your six....ParadaxRealities is green lol.

Jan
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                        I was thinking along similar lines but then my cynical side kicked in and ......
                        Spoiler:
                        TPTB promote Sam to full colonel and give her command of the ship but only so they can make her a recurring character prior to either (in the new tradition) getting killed (does a red shirt come with command of a ship now?) or they forget about the character and write her out of the series

*BAD RoX!! BAD thoughts!!*

OK that's it - NO more spoilers, NO more interviews and NO more commentary transcripts for me till Season 10 starts. (I wonder how long I can hold out??)

Any of you reformed spoiler addicts out there - got any tips???

Well you could always
                        Spoiler:
                        See what you get for looking at spoiler tags!
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Evening all there is a new article in Multichannel News (a Variety Publication) many of you will want to read. Be warned there are a few S10 spoilers in the article.

Here are a couple of highlights

Spoiler:
                          “I have to go blow up a planet!” declares Amanda Tapping with glee as she bursts from the door of Bridge Studios/Stage Six here, where Sci Fi Channel is shooting scenes for episode 200 of Stargate SG-1.

For 10 seasons, Tapping has inhabited the role of Samantha Carter, the Air Force colonel and physicist with girl-next-door charm who delivers bewildering strings of technobabble and carries a torch for her commanding officer. (In the fannish vernacular of the Internet it's called UST, or Unresolved Sexual Tension. Think Moonlighting, Frasier or The X-Files.)

It's starting to drizzle, so Tapping commandeers a golf cart and volunteers to chauffeur fellow cast member, newbie Claudia Black (of Sci Fi's former series Farscape), who hops in to ride shotgun. The contrast is striking — the long, dark-haired Black and the blonde, blue-eyed Tapping. Someone else offers to drive but Tapping shoos them away. “I know how to operate this thing,” she says, then grins and races off.

Here is a non spoiler quote:

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”

She said she's enjoying season 10 immensely, after a numbing season nine — a year of returning to the set only weeks after giving birth to her daughter, feeding on demand, and oftentimes finding herself up at 4 a.m., memorizing her famously complex lines.

Tapping is savoring a spotlight that rarely shines on the long-running series. The relative obscurity seems a little unfair: Stargate SG-1 has sold more than 30 million individual DVDs units worldwide and is said by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. to be second in its stable only to the James Bond theatrical-film series. (MGM declines to disclose the Bond sales figures.)

For Sally

Spoiler:
                          The 200th, a collaborative effort penned by the team of all seven writers, is an homage to fans of every stripe. If they've ever wished upon a Stargate, it's likely covered in this script — a two-hanky ceremony brings Walter, the Gate Guy (the minor but beloved character who operates the stargate), to tears, and forbidden romances finally bloom.

There is also theatrical movie news in the article so if you want to read it all here is the link

thanks for sharing this, tsax!

i read this just a few minutes ago, and frankly, i don't know how to respond to it. what i DO know how to respond to, though, are the ship possibilities coming up!

but as for the rest of the interview... i think what bothers me is the talk of a movie. i want a movie to be about the original 4 (sam, jack, teal'c, and daniel) ONLY. and if there's a spin off from the movie (like the article says), i want sam to be in it! it worries me...

i also very glad that amanda's happy. (((amanda)))

i'm going to have to read this again to put some of this into perspective.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well you could always
                            Spoiler:
                            LOL now that was mean I tell ya! But funny.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well you could always
                              Spoiler:
                              I can't help it!!

I'm naturally inquisitive
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Absolutely wonderful list, Deejay!!!

Here's some blue jello

unfortunately...Sam asked Vala to help her with using Goa'uld tech... and she was experimenting with a Goa'uld hand device... and using the blue jello for target practice...
                                Hypnotic blue jello. Oooooo. I am in your power....

I mean. ::Closes eyes forcefully: I mean thanks for the jello. Yeah.

Plus-Loved your homemade spoilers. I'd so love to see that episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X