Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carson's girl
    Originally Posted by astrogeologist
    What are your favorite Carter images or character aspects?
    I would say my favorite aspect of Sam's character is that she is tough when she needs to be, but still thinks about the ethical side of things and what is morally right, like in Entity or Urgo. I love that she is like that
    Originally posted by majorsal
    everytime i think about what we're missing (sam, daniel, and teal'c as sg1), i keep seeing this imagine... i really don't know where it came from. prob when i was thinking about what kind of stories they might do. anyhoo...

i see sam, daniel, and teal'c on a planet. i have no idea what the plot is really about, other than they're behind enemy lines and in trouble. sam's leading (), but she's worried and frightened about how they're going to get out of this. they're really in trouble.
    And then Carter deals with it all competently and smartly.
    Showing and demonstrating her intelligence and her experience.

One of the things that I truly admire about Carter (and the way that she's been portrayed by AT) is that Carter is fairly impeccable in her military bearing and responses and she respects the military chain of command and her oath of office and duty -- but she still shows her heart. She will still allow her mind to listen to her heart. Hopefully, she'll ultimately make the right decisions... sometimes, her heart will lead her into dangerous areas... (e.g., Gemini and Entity) but she'll never be a heartless automoton, she'll never be an unfeeling tool for those in the ranks above her.

that's the scene that pops into my head everytimes i think of what we've lost.

adding in mitchell, i see him as just the fourth (but who would eventually be the lead of the team once amanda leaves the show).

there is a gold mine with these ppl. i'm talking about sam, daniel, teal'c, and jack. but with rda no longer being a regular, season 9 should have been *theirs*...

there's nothing wrong with mitchell and vala being on the show (except for their writing), but the show should have remained FOCUSING on *sam, daniel, and teal'c* AS THE LEADS. there is no question. there is no doubt.

there are 2 things wrong with what's going on now. 1, the writing. 2, the focus shifting from sam, daniel, and teal'c as the core and heart of the show. i can't emphasize this enough.

sally
    Originally posted by ReganX
    I think you're right about Season Nine and Jack's absence being a prime opportunity to show more of Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and them as a team.

Mitchell and Vala being brought in gradually could have worked; I think that where they are concerned less would have been more. Show them developing quietly in the background, learning from Sam, Daniel and Teal'c and then, when Amanda, MS and CJ wanted to move on, Mitchell and Vala would have been at least somewhat equipped to fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Spoiler:
      Adria captures the SGC, and while the rest of SG1 are held captive in one of the cells on level 16, Sam is able to hide out in her lab. Sam makes her way to the control room, and drawing on her experiences with both Jolinar and The Entity is able to talk with Adria about being completely in the power of another, and exisiting only to serve another people/races agenda. Though she isn't able to stop Adria from wishing to serve the Ori, she is able to plant some doubts in the young woman, and give the rest of her team time to escape, and re-take the SGC.

Cause if we HAVE to have the Sprog, I want Sam to have a part in taking her down.
      I like that.

Spoiler:
      If Sam can't have a positive influence on Adria, nobody else will.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Aris Boch is back, and brings word that mitch and daniel, while undercover with the lucian alliance, were caught. aris knows where they are but will only trade that info for sam telling him how to replace the roshna

she does that, then goes with aris and teal'c to go rescue the two boys in trouble

ooh, i like that! i've always liked aris boch. he really was an interesting character (to me).

i'd like to see sam and vala have past symbiote friends in common. like maybe vala knew jolinar, so sam knew (of) vala's symbiote goauld.

this is how i'd like 'camelot's' following ep to go (for sam):

spoilers for s9's 'camelot' and s10's season premier

Spoiler:
        sam's floating in space? poor sam

sam continues to see the fighting going on around her, without any way of helping.

or so she thinks.

she ends up floating back to the super gate. she grabs on... and then gets one of her brilliant ideas. she macgyvers the gate to move towards the big baddies firing on the good guys. then she fires the gate up and the kawoosh disintegrates the ori ships. the ori see what she's up to (after, that is, a few of their ships are destroyed), then turn their aggression onto sam. they fire on her, but with her being so close to the super gate, they hit the gate instead and it starts spitting out sparks and breaking apart. the parts start shifting towards the remaining ori ships, and when they hit, the ori ships are destroyed. HA HA!

and all because of sam!!!

this is fun.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          I like that.

Spoiler:
          If Sam can't have a positive influence on Adria, nobody else will.
          What
          Spoiler:
          not even her her leather clad mommy, who no doubtedly is such a great roll model
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:

sam continues to see the fighting going on around her, without any way of helping.

or so she thinks.

she ends up floating back to the super gate. she grabs on... and then gets one of her brilliant ideas. she macgyvers the gate to move towards the big baddies firing on the good guys. then she fires the gate up and the kawoosh disintegrates the ori ships. the ori see what she's up to (after, that is, a few of their ships are destroyed), then turn their aggression onto sam. they fire on her, but with her being so close to the super gate, they hit the gate instead and it starts spitting out sparks and breaking apart. the parts start shifting towards the remaining ori ships, and when they hit, the ori ships are destroyed. HA HA!

There's a great pilot. Mitchell got a CMOH for crashing an F-302. Sam should get at least a hearty "Well done" for
            Spoiler:
            Taking out the Ori fleet and saving the galaxy.

They could use it as a reason to promote her to full colonel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              What
              Spoiler:
              not even her her leather clad mommy, who no doubtedly is such a great roll model
              Spoiler:
              If Vala was your mother and tried to convince you to do what was best for everybody instead of just yourself, would you be able to keep a straight face?

Comment

this is how i'd like 'camelot's' following ep to go (for sam):

spoilers for s9's 'camelot' and s10's season premier

Spoiler:

or so she thinks.

this is fun.

sally
                Great idea, Sal! I love the idea that
                Spoiler:
                TV Guide Spoiler: Carter floats helpless in space as Earth's ships are easily destroyed by the powerful Ori... until Carter gets a brilliant idea that turns her into a dangerous heroic threat to the evil supervillains
                just like one of the big central heroes of the series should do!!!!
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 May 2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

WoooHooo!!

Sky has reached 10,000
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

why am i posting this picture? well, i'm having one of my sam/amanda-is-so-great-and-cool-that-i-just-have-to-let-it-out moments. don't we all have those?

really, just thinking through all the great sam moments and scenes and eps we've been graced with over the years...

okay, it's probably caffeine and barbra streisand that's giving me this extra boost of female power of the greatest of females, but i'm still celebrating amanda and sam's greatness anyways.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

don't worry, we won't hold ya to it. now i ask you: what's with the freakin NINE awards?! ok, so maybe i've had a bit too muc barbra streisand. ...who am i kidding? sam/AT rules!
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

okay, it's probably caffeine and barbra streisand that's giving me this extra boost of female power of the greatest of females, but i'm still celebrating amanda and sam's greatness anyways.

sally
                        I don't Sal, do we have to take Barbra away from you, *wonders if Sal is singing Barbra show tunes at the top of her lungs while posting here *
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't Sal, do we have to take Barbra away from you, *wonders if Sal is singing Barbra show tunes at the top of her lungs while posting here *
                          of course i'm not.

really.

OKAY, I AM!

except the sad ones, that make me cry.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

of course i'm not.

really.

OKAY, I AM!

except the sad ones, that make me cry.

sally

There'll be sad songs to make me cry...

Suse
                            channeling Luther (?)
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

:jumps to press stop button: he.he. singing? no way. i don't have the money for all new windows
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

big spoilers for s10 -

Spoiler:

first off, i don't know the names of any of the s10 except '200', so please excuse not naming which eps i'm talking about.

one of the eps for season 10...

isn't the newest commander of ? (i don't know the name of the current space ship) going to die?....

do you think, guys, that they're setting up sam taking over? i wouldn't mind that at all!!

and do you think they're going to STOP the curse of commanders being killed off? they better, because if they touch one hair on sam's head...

quick, take this out of my head!

but really, do you think sam might be the eventual commander of (can't remember name) ship?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X