Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Jack: Carter! We're half way across the galaxy and now you remember you left the iron on!
    sigpic

Comment

i forgot what thread i was in and wanted to make my 10,000th post in here.

oh well, im gonna c/p it and pretend it happened the way i wanted it ti

and gratuitous spammage for post 10,000

Sam is why i kept watching this show, and she's why i'll keep watching it. Sam is why i write my stories, and what's led to me making my friends, all of which i have in real life. She's why i went to canada for the first time, to other conventions, why i'm going to london this fall

and no matter how much the show changes and sam gets treated less than how i'd like her to be treated, nothing the BAB do can take that away.

so to them and to sam

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        what do you mean there's no bathroom on this flight????
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

10,000! Congratulations Sky!

scarimor

Comment

Congrats on 10,000 Sky!!! Woooohooooooo!
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Now Sally if Barbra's music is really getting to you, you have a few more choices you can make you know?

i'm playing her again. right now. i can't help it; it's great music! i think she's got the most wonderful singing voice i've ever heard

See the choices you have Sal, why you can even drop Barbra and go for Helen (okaaay, that didn't come out right )
              i'm going to buy helen reddy's greatest hits! really.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

there ya go, Congratulations Sky! great job, even though you did spend your real 10,000th talking about a wrench.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  You and me both, hon. I'm just glad the folks at the helm when Sam was being developed were a bit more mature than they are now. Some of the people may be the same (?) but maybe they've regressed.

everytime i think about what we're missing (sam, daniel, and teal'c as sg1), i keep seeing this imagine... i really don't know where it came from. prob when i was thinking about what kind of stories they might do. anyhoo...

i see sam, daniel, and teal'c on a planet. i have no idea what the plot is really about, other than they're behind enemy lines and in trouble. sam's leading (), but she's worried and frightened about how they're going to get out of this. they're really in trouble.

that's the scene that pops into my head everytimes i think of what we've lost.

adding in mitchell, i see him as just the fourth (but who would eventually be the lead of the team once amanda leaves the show).

there is a gold mine with these ppl. i'm talking about sam, daniel, teal'c, and jack. but with rda no longer being a regular, season 9 should have been *theirs*...

there's nothing wrong with mitchell and vala being on the show (except for their writing), but the show should have remained FOCUSING on *sam, daniel, and teal'c* AS THE LEADS. there is no question. there is no doubt.

there are 2 things wrong with what's going on now. 1, the writing. 2, the focus shifting from sam, daniel, and teal'c as the core and heart of the show. i can't emphasize this enough.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on post 10000+ Sky
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i forgot what thread i was in and wanted to make my 10,000th post in here.

oh well, im gonna c/p it and pretend it happened the way i wanted it ti

Woot! And... Wow!
                      10,000 posts.... Holy Naquadah Reactors!

Sky... it's so great that you post here on the SaGC Thread...
                      thanks so much for posting here for us and with us
                      Originally posted by scarimor
                      10,000! Congratulations Sky!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      Sam is why i kept watching this show, and she's why i'll keep watching it. Sam is why i write my stories, and what's led to me making my friends, all of which i have in real life. She's why i went to canada for the first time, to other conventions, why i'm going to london this fall

and no matter how much the show changes and sam gets treated less than how i'd like her to be treated, nothing the BAB do can take that away.

so to them and to sam

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        everytime i think about what we're missing (sam, daniel, and teal'c as sg1), i keep seeing this imagine... i really don't know where it came from. prob when i was thinking about what kind of stories they might do. anyhoo...

i see sam, daniel, and teal'c on a planet. i have no idea what the plot is really about, other than they're behind enemy lines and in trouble. sam's leading (), but she's worried and frightened about how they're going to get out of this. they're really in trouble.

that's the scene that pops into my head everytimes i think of what we've lost.

adding in mitchell, i see him as just the fourth (but who would eventually be the lead of the team once amanda leaves the show).

there is a gold mine with these ppl. i'm talking about sam, daniel, teal'c, and jack. but with rda no longer being a regular, season 9 should have been *theirs*...

there's nothing wrong with mitchell and vala being on the show (except for their writing), but the show should have remained FOCUSING on *sam, daniel, and teal'c* AS THE LEADS. there is no question. there is no doubt.

there are 2 things wrong with what's going on now. 1, the writing. 2, the focus shifting from sam, daniel, and teal'c as the core and heart of the show. i can't emphasize this enough.

sally
                        I think you're right about Season Nine and Jack's absence being a prime opportunity to show more of Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and them as a team.

Mitchell and Vala being brought in gradually could have worked; I think that where they are concerned less would have been more. Show them developing quietly in the background, learning from Sam, Daniel and Teal'c and then, when Amanda, MS and CJ wanted to move on, Mitchell and Vala would have been at least somewhat equipped to fill the void.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Since people aren't happy with the spoilers we've been getting for season 10, (I've been carefully avoiding them, myself) what would people think of doing our own "spoilers" of what we'd like to see Sam doing in Season 10? they could be based in the "reality" of season 9 or not.

Example: Sam and Teal'c are trapped on a planet and must defend themselves against....

i don't know if it's safe to ask me this question.

i want to see:

*action sam. i want to see her being a part of the action. the *real action*.

*science sam. i love watching her using her brain and figuring things out. i LOVED how sam macgyvered her way out of her horrible predicament in 'prometheus'.

*soldier sam. firing her gun (the 'carter special') at the baddies. i want to see her in hand-to-hand combat.

*relationship sam. but only with jack!!!!!! *takes deep breaths* *gets dizzy*

*friend sam, with daniel, teal'c, and even mitchell and vala. i also want to see her develope some kind of relationship with landry.

*mother sam. i want to see how cassie's doing. or one of her own.

*leader sam. i won't say more, hence a blood vessel might pop.

*human sam. meaning, i like seeing her just be a person that can make mistakes and has bad moods and such.

*but i especially want to see sam progress. season 9 was a hover over still waters; let's see where she's going and what's going on in her head (and life).

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            I think you're right about Season Nine and Jack's absence being a prime opportunity to show more of Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and them as a team.

Mitchell and Vala being brought in gradually could have worked; I think that where they are concerned less would have been more. Show them developing quietly in the background, learning from Sam, Daniel and Teal'c and then, when Amanda, MS and CJ wanted to move on, Mitchell and Vala would have been at least somewhat equipped to fill the void.
                            And now all we are left with is the void, void of good writing, void of good character moments, void of good stories, void of believable new characters
                            Just VOID
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Season 10 spoilers from Deejay's head:

INside real spoiler tags, because it does touch on some real Season 10 spoilers.

Spoiler:
                              Adria captures the SGC, and while the rest of SG1 are held captive in one of the cells on level 16, Sam is able to hide out in her lab. Sam makes her way to the control room, and drawing on her experiences with both Jolinar and The Entity is able to talk with Adria about being completely in the power of another, and exisiting only to serve another people/races agenda. Though she isn't able to stop Adria from wishing to serve the Ori, she is able to plant some doubts in the young woman, and give the rest of her team time to escape, and re-take the SGC.

Cause if we HAVE to have the Sprog, I want Sam to have a part in taking her down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                And now all we are left with is the void, void of good writing, void of good character moments, void of good stories, void of believable new characters
                                Just VOID
                                Perhaps 'The Void' should be Season Nine's new nickname. That or TUS (The Unmentionable Season)

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X