Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I took a look and I didn't see any anti-Sam sentiments.

I don't particularly agree with some of the opinions there but they're not Sam unfriendly...just not my cup o' tea. Plus I have anti threads and whinging threads for fussing about stuff I don't like and Samanda to talk about what I do like...or rather who I like:
    i just think that thread isn't for me. it's basic makeup just insights a knee-jerk reaction in me. when i read ppl dissing on sam and her actions/decisions, it makes me want to discuss it. but as someone *so* sweetly said (and had hissy fit about ), that thread is NOT for discussing the answers.

i'll stay in friendlier threads.

oh, and oober, BEAUTIFUL post (with your sam piccies as icing on the cake).

sally

ps - i'm listening to barbra streisand's 'the essential barbra streisand' cd. a wonderful cd for barbra fans!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, I'm gonna come in with my hat in my hand and apologize too if my little rants offended anyone.

I'm not actually anti-anti.. I'm quite anti myself, but I was seeing an emerging pattern..

Anyhoo.. I count myself amongst the ranks of the numpties (nice word mini) and count myself lucky to have found such a group of diverse and yet soulfully similiar people.

(((samanda)))
      sigpic

Comment

i have very low hopes for what i *really* want to see in season 10, because with mitchell and vala still on the show, i can't get it.

what do i want?

what we had for 8 YEARS before season 9 came along.

but i'm going to try to be realistic and see what can come of what's being offered to us in season 10. the ONLY thing in s10 i'm excited about is the ship possibilities between sam and jack! and i mean ONLY. i can't have the rest of my dreams fulfilled.

what are the rest of my dreams? (these are random and might contradict each other )

*sam leading sg1. it was hers in s8. she earned it, she deserves it. period.

*no (other than jack) love interests for sam. enough already. if you're going to ship her with jack (whether it's now or later), stop with the steady stream of admirers that sam's taking an interest in too. i don't think there's anyone left in fandom that doesn't know that sam and jack love each other, so what's the point in continuing down the sam/other and jack/other roads? i'm not saying to not show men being attracted to sam, i'm saying stop the 'shipping of sam with every male that's still breathing'.

*make mitchell calm and level headed. i'll *never* accept him as leader because i'll *always* know it should be sam, but that doesn't mean i can't like the character for just himself. make him likeable.

*give vala some depth.

*don't make all of daniel's and vala's time on screen be with each other. let them interact with other characters too. (vala really needs this too)

*i don't think sam will come out the winner in the leadership issue, so make it that she either doesn't want it (and explain why), or she's got a bigger, better deal in store.

*let this group (sg1) be together more, or we'll never accept them as a team.

*love the stargate. it's been forgotten.

*give sam her own command. or either a ship or base. or let her be 2nd at the sgc.

*let sam kick some butt! i don't care whose butt, just let us see her do some kung fu fightin'!

but more than anything... i want the writers to love sam the way we do. there isn't anything with this character that i don't live through. when i think back through the years, i can't believe the wonderful and interesting things we've seen her go through. and we've went through these things right with her. i love sam carter. i want the writers to love her too. and i mean madly in love with her, like i think every single one of us do in this thread. she's our hero. (damn barbra and her moody music )

and before i go, i want to make a HUGE thank you to amanda tapping! you're one damn cool chick!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for 8

s
          a
          m

Originally posted by scarimor
          Much as I would love to see RepliCarter give anyone a pasting - well, actually, I'd most like to see her whump Sam, but I'm pervy like that -
          i'd LOVE for replicarter to come back! just think of the possibilities with that character!

*thinks of possibilities*

try typing that word without having to stop and spell in out slowly

replicarter suddenly appears on a planet, but with all her memories wiped clean. who did it? oma? and why did she? did that mean she ascended replicarter when she did daniel?

would replicarter be good? could she be?

would she want to continue as the real sam carter?

did fifth really torture her too?

if she was good, would she be able to put her dark past behind her?

could two sam carters co-exist in the same galaxy?

what if our sam decided to get revenge on her?

would daniel be able to be around replicarter, after what she did to him?

would sam be able to live with the guilt, if she found out what replicarter did to daniel?

how can the writers drop this gold mine of a storyline? and with how successfully amanda interpreted replicarter, why deprive the audience of this great character?

i also LOVE geekysam! what a sweet and endearing character. and amanda did *wonderful*!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

we have folks that would love to see janet and sam together and others that will not be happy unless they get a sam/jack wedding on the ramp

sorry, just seeing that typed gave me an orgasm.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

first off, mandy, WELL DONE! *applause*

secondly, i love this picture! sam, addressing her ppl... sam is a leader. hands down.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                d) "That Strix sure is a numpty when she opens her big mouth."
                don't say that, strix...

all you did is what everyone else is doing on this entire forum; speaking their thoughts and feelings. please don't diss yourself on this. all you did was care. really.

(((strix)))

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  Ok guys, before we start a rush of 'i'm not welcome, i'm leaving'....in s6, jonas was called Jon-ass. Did i like it? no. Did i use it? no. Can i mod for it? No.

do i like it when i see sam refereed to by a derogatory term? no. Can i stop it? no. will i do it? no.

all i can control is myself (even as a mod i can only 'control' people to the guidelines of our rules.)

If someone is using a term you don't like, don't use it. I don't know who came up with TIIC - and it took me several weeks to figure out what the heck it was - but i didn't like it so i didn't use it. I however didn't ask anyone not to use it until darren spoke up and made a declaration. Now, as a mod, i enforce his rule.

is cammykins the nicest term in the world? Well, i've heard worse and i think it's on par with cambo and stems from the 'hewo' idea that folks have had.

would i go into the cam thread and use it???? not unless i saw some of the regulars there using it. Is it moderateable? No. It is a way to express a lack of respect for the character that's really no different from folks calling characters by other pet names (examples of which escape me at the moment....but i guess the weir threads would be an example. they have lots of nicks for torri that i don't understand)

We are all different here. and we all like different things. Some of us are totally positive and see the bright side with enviable optimism. Others see things through what they call a realisitic pov. we have shippers and slashers and genners.

we have folks that would love to see janet and sam together and others that will not be happy unless they get a sam/jack wedding on the ramp

we're all different

so we all just need to tolerate each other. and that includes tolerating everyone's opinions/quirks....and nicknames
                  Oh absolutely. No talk of jumping ship by any Samandans.

I mean if we "banned" all complaining and anyone who's ever complained...well, then Myrth would pretty much be here by herself. She's perpetually optimistic dontchaknow. I certainly would have been kicked off ages ago...I have a Masters degree in Advanced Whinging.

I know some of us fear that Amanda isn't being treated with the respect we think she's due...but then a wise Samandan pointed out that she probably wouldn't be there if she were treated poorly...which is a fair point. So we should go by the assumption she's still loving her work and her job until we learn otherwise. And to my knowledge, she hasn't contacted any of us to let us know she's upset.

*checks cellphone voicemail for urgent message from Amanda*

Nope. Nothing on my end.

I know many of us are frustrated by some of the things from last season and some of the spoilers. Some of us love Mitchell, some hate him. Some love Vala, some hate her. Some love 'em both passionately while others hate them with just as much fervor.

But ALL of us love Sam and Amanda!

The bottom line though is that this thread is Samanda. It's to honor a great character and a gifted and gracious actress. And while we occasionally will hear something that's irksome that we want to share here (as I and many others are guilty of), that's cool. But my contention is that if all we're feeling at the moment is the need to vent, that's why we have the Whingenut House Thread. Ya see?

So let's keep with the motto...Hic Comitas Regit: Kindness Reigns Here. It's our theme and our guiding principle. Or if that's too sentimental, go with my version: Hiccup Comatose Regime: The Merry Band of Hiccuping Comatose patients. Hmm. I think I'll pick the sentimental version this time.

Let's wave our banner proud! Kat...unfurl the flag, would ya?!??

I'm getting all patriotic here. *sniff* I-I think I need a hug.

I was thinking though...what if Amanda joined the Gateworld forum? What screen name would she use?? Now my most obvious choice is Stargate_Barbie...but that's taken. So, what name would you give her? Pick a name...any name...that is not a name in use on GW. So the names Skydiver, MajorSam and minigeek are out of the running too, as is ÜberSG-1Fan. *sulks*

I like Blonde_Bombshell. It communicates that she's a knockout and then the bombshell part of course pays tribute to Sam blowing things up.

What say you?
                  Last edited by Uber; 05 May 2006, 03:49 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                    Oooooooooooooo! Me! Choose Me!

If Mitchell is a numpty, I wanna be one, too!

We don't have a bumble of numpties, yet, but it's a start!!!

I betcha Sam would want to join us!

Okay. Maybe not.

It's Friday and I'm in a good mood.
                    Attention Samandans!

May I bring it to the attention of the great and mighty Court of Samanda the petition made by Samandan ChillinTheMost to be made the Official Numpty of Samanda.

Petition in hand, I...the Royal Videographer/Pain In The Mik'ta...make a motion for this petition and ask that it be seconded!

What say ye???

Oh and Kat, good luck in trying to figure out what banner to make for this Royal designation.

*cheesy grin*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh absolutely. No talk of jumping ship by any Samandans.

I mean if we "banned" all complaining and anyone who's ever complained...well, then Myrth would pretty much be here by herself. She's perpetually optimistic dontchaknow. I certainly would have been kicked off ages ago...I have a Masters degree in Advanced Whinging.

I know some of us fear that Amanda isn't being treated with the respect we think she's due...but then a wise Samandan pointed out that she probably wouldn't be there if she were treated poorly...which is a fair point. So we should go by the assumption she's still loving her work and her job until we learn otherwise. And to my knowledge, she hasn't contacted any of us to let us know she's upset.

*checks cellphone voicemail for urgent message from Amanda*

Nope. Nothing on my end.

I know many of us are frustrated by some of the things from last season and some of the spoilers. Some of us love Mitchell, some hate him. Some love Vala, some hate her. Some love 'em both passionately while others hate them with just as much fervor.

But ALL of us love Sam and Amanda!

The bottom line though is that this thread is Samanda. It's to honor a great character and a gifted and gracious actress. And while we occasionally will hear something that's irksome that we want to share here (as I and many others are guilty of), that's cool. But my contention is that if all we're feeling at the moment is the need to vent, that's why we have the Whingenut House Thread. Ya see?

So let's keep with the motto...Kindness Reigns Here. It's our theme and our guiding principle.

I'm getting all patriotic here. *sniff* I-I think I need a hug.

I was thinking though...what if Amanda joined the Gateworld forum? What screen name would she use?? Now my most obvious choice is Stargate_Barbie...but that's taken. So, what name would you give her? Pick a name...any name...that is not a name in use on GW. So the names Skydiver, MajorSam and minigeek are out of the running too, as is ÜberSG-1Fan. *sulks*

I like Blonde_Bombshell. It communicates that she's a knockout and then the bombshell part of course pays tribute to Sam blowing things up.

What say you?
                      Great post uber... I'm permanently banned from greening you apparently... see look.. that's a complaint.. I do so know how to complain!!!

sigpic

Comment

What say you?

i love that name too! that's the name i picked for sam's helmet nickname... i can't remember what that's called.

but if i were amanda, and trying to 'fit in secretly'... i'd pick amanda. or amanda/sam. or AmandaT. i'd make it so obvious that it couldn't be the real amanda.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          Great post uber... I'm permanently banned from greening you apparently... see look.. that's a complaint.. I do so know how to complain!!!

That's why we have virtual jello my friend...

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                            Oooooooooooooo! Me! Choose Me!

If Mitchell is a numpty, I wanna be one, too!

We don't have a bumble of numpties, yet, but it's a start!!!

I betcha Sam would want to join us!

Okay. Maybe not.

It's Friday and I'm in a good mood.
                            ooohhh! oooh! no, pick me! pick me! i'm way more of a numpty than him! i think i've proven that on many occassions. (wait... thats not a good thing, is it? )

nuts to you chillinthemost!

Comment

okay, barbra's music is really getting to me!

spoilers for s8's 'moebius'

Spoiler:
                              on the shipper thread, we're talking about 'moebius'. the moment i think of that ep, three things come to mind. s/j ship, geeksam, and... sam died.

stop and *really* think about it.

everything we've seen sam go through for 8 years was only to lead to her death. by execution.

maybe i take these things too seriously, but it breaks my heart to even THINK of the scene where this happened. i really, REALLY hate the writers for doing this.

yes, i know, because of what the geekygroup did, our ppl never had to go back and fix the timeline. BUT, it still DID happen. our sam, jack, and teal'c were executed. and daniel had to experience the rest of his life with that knowledge.

make me shut off barbra's music!

but

sally protecting -->
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

What say you?

well i'm sorry! if you want me to leave just say it. its fine, if you want me to go, then i'll go. you don't have to use the whole, 'well its only to free up the name' thing with me. i'm gonna go sulk now.
                                *wanders off mumbling*
                                its not my fault i picked a great name...

and its not because i'm jealous of your umlauts either if thats what your thinking!

on edit: just checked this post and previous post. hmm. i'm being slightly more offensive today than usual. whats up with that?

ah, you all know i love you. you guys are jerks! nah i'm just kiddin', you guys are alright.

PS: sam rocks my world.

Comment

Working...
                                X