Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    What did they do with Mitchell in Season Nine that couldn't have been adapted to fit with Major Mitchell?
    umm....umm.....you mean other than sam dressing him down for being such a thrill seeking putz??????

for all intents and purposes he WAS major mitchell. the only time he showed any real competance was when he was playing landry's errand boy
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Whether they are bachelors or fathers of twenty, if they were doing the same work as you were, they should have been paid the same.

Had the situation been reversed, the argument would probably have been made that a single male deserved to be paid more (and to have preference for advancement) as he could devote more time to the job than a woman who had a family to think of could.
      yep, because these men continue to use biology as a weapon and excuse to treat women as second class citizens
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        dang skippy she does. she's got more competance in her little finger tahn cam has in his whole body
        The more I see of Mitchell, the more convinced I am that Sam was better suited to command SG-1 when she walked into the briefing room in 'Children of the Gods' - heck, probably on her first day of kindergarten - than he is after a year "leading" the team.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

umm....umm.....you mean other than sam dressing him down for being such a thrill seeking putz??????
          Someone needed to dress him down. I have no problems whatsoever with him risking his own life, but when his recklessness puts the characters I like in danger, I take issue with that.

He should have been reprimanded for "Stronghold" and "Off The Grid" at the minimum and, rather than have his superiors give permission to share his memories of classified missions with somebody who didn't need to know and, frankly, was not in any position to offer anything to the stargate program, as Jacob was, it would have been much more fitting if he had sneaked the technology into the hospital without permission.

Comment

yet, if mitch was a major it woudl not have been an issue

major mitchell got daneil and teal'c back and had a few adventures...then lt colonel carter returned and since she outranked mitch, her taking command woudl not be an issue. it'd be the same as jack taking a vacation, sam taking the team out on a mission or two, then jack coming back and assuming his command again

forcing the immature mitch into a colonel's rank and then forcing the command issue has not only undermined sam's role, but it's also destroyed mitch's chracter.

cause he does not ACT like a commander and lt colonel...he acts like a giddy green captain on his first mission
            And his behavior would fit perfectly with the fact that Browder is actually suppose to be playing a man who is nearly a decade his junior. There is no doubt in my mind that Mitchell was initially suppose to be a Major and somewhere along the line someone made a stink about him not being in charge and made him a Lt. Colonel instead. The entire situation reeks of interference.

The only positive thing about this entire set up for me is the fact that Sam does not have to call Mitchell 'Sir'. With the way Cameron has been written thus far, if Sam was required to call him that I think I would have just gave up on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              The only positive thing about this entire set up for me is the fact that Sam does not have to call Mitchell 'Sir'. With the way Cameron has been written thus far, if Sam was required to call him that I think I would have just gave up on the show.
              My poor TV would have taken even more verbal abuse if Sam had ever called Mitchell "sir" without adding "you're a moron".

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                And yes Sky... KatG... I'm a'writin'. Added another 2K words to the S/T PL fic. And after surfing another thread or two I'll get back to giving in to the muse...
                WooHoo!!!! Looking forward to reading it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                  Here's a meloncholy little back-story fic about teenage Sam. It almost brought tears to my eyes:

http://www.stars-like-dust.potameides.com/tequila.htm
                  Oh wow. Mine too.
                  sigpic

Comment

My poor TV would have taken even more verbal abuse if Sam had ever called Mitchell "sir" without adding "you're a moron".
                    now that i would like to see. not sam calling mitchell sir, but her calling him a moron. im sure the look on his face would be priceless

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                      now that i would like to see. not sam calling mitchell sir, but her calling him a moron. im sure the look on his face would be priceless
                      Especially when Daniel and Teal'c applauded her.

Comment

Kat and Uber - I can't rep you (am locked out of the green jello fridge right now), so I'll just say - wow! Great pics!
                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

[/CENTER]

and ROTFLOL!

Edited to add:
                        And this one is great too, Myrth! Wonderful job!
                        Originally posted by Myrth
                        New wallpaper thingy

Comment

Especially when Daniel and Teal'c applauded her.
                          Daniel and Teal'c? Heck, I think the whole SGC - except maybe Landry - would applaud if Sam gave Mitchell his props. Extra points if she uses colorful expressions that would make Jack proud.

Go Sam!
                          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            And his behavior would fit perfectly with the fact that Browder is actually suppose to be playing a man who is nearly a decade his junior. There is no doubt in my mind that Mitchell was initially suppose to be a Major and somewhere along the line someone made a stink about him not being in charge and made him a Lt. Colonel instead. The entire situation reeks of interference.

If there had been one IOTA of plausiblity in this whole leadership issue--ex)Cam being competent; a decent reason for Sam to come back from Area 51 not as commander of SG1--I wouldn't be so disgusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                              Daniel and Teal'c? Heck, I think the whole SGC - except maybe Landry - would applaud if Sam gave Mitchell his props. Extra points if she uses colorful expressions that would make Jack proud.

Go Sam!
                              Why stop at the SGC? The Ori can applaud too, and the Jaffa Council and the Lucian Alliance and Ba'al...

Sam should get a standing ovation.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                If there had been one IOTA of plausiblity in this whole leadership issue--ex)Cam being competent; a decent reason for Sam to come back from Area 51 not as commander of SG1--I wouldn't be so disgusted.
                                TPTB wanted Cam to be the competent, heroic leader of SG-1. They also wanted him to be reckless, excited and "fun".

Rather than choose between the two, they tried to make him both and the result is a terribly written, inconsistent character.

Comment

Working...
                                X