Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    It's sad, but that's probably true. Sam is an amazing character, but if the shiny 'fun' show survives, I don't think that there'll be a place there for her any more; everybody who isn't Mitchell or Vala is going to find themselves shoved further and further into the background until they quietly fade away and leave the screen to the golden boy and girl.
    the only character that stands a chance in this new show () is daniel jackson. he's been surgically grafted to the vala character (god help him), so he's got more to do than anyone else (original team wise).

poor ms... how he so hates ship.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      the only character that stands a chance in this new show () is daniel jackson. he's been surgically grafted to the vala character (god help him), so he's got more to do than anyone else (original team wise).

sally
      lol

you should clarify, he hates ship that he's not in
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally

Ironic, too, that Stargate SG-1 is no longer the SG-1 team story---and for Daniel fans, it's no longer "daniel's story." It's Vala's story with Daniel as her sidekick. Notice how there is no episode mentioned where it is about Daniel himself. I'm going to stop now and go to more appropriate threads.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          Wonderful post, Myrth! And I really like the mental image I got of our motley crew (I say it with love folks, (please refer to previous post)) leaping up with swords drawn. Coley and 1speed and Uber would use their sharp-edged wit and humor... Simha and Strix and Bink and a few others would write a fantastic Proclomation exposition that would simply be too well-worded to be anything but worth listening to... Forever would create a wonderful Photo-graphic or two... Chopingal would weave a witty and artistic poem on the spot... AgentD wouldn't use a sword - he knows too much about other, more heavily powered armament, or perhaps, he's just re-tool the bad-guys' computer systems (that's just as bad, or worse, than heavily physical injury now-a-days anyway).... Sky would protest excessive whumping for either side and serve as Royal Arbitrator... and MajorSal would just say 'No' to the possible violent ends ahead.

Sigh... I've gotten a bit fanciful? Time to head to bed? Allright, allright... grumble...Nineteen Hundred and Seven! Yammermouth, and proud of it!

1908, now!
          Thanks Astro!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            What is your opinion on this topic then, oh mighty Strix? How do you think it could play out or what would you like to see?
            Well, if it were me, I'd promote Sam, and use the Landry/Mitchell cabin scene to explain (without putting Mitchell down) that Sam was now in firm command of SG-1, advising him to learn from the best as he originally wanted to do. That won't happen, so I would instead have a scene where Landry clearly tells Sam that even though she is on special assignment to SG-1 and does not fall under Mitchell's direct supervision, she is to follow his command in the field.

Landry: He lacks confidence as a commander. You can help him.

Sam (looks skeptical): Help him order us around, sir?

Landry (frowns): You're very bright, Colonel, I'm sure you can think of something.

Sam says nothing, still looking unhappy.

Landry: You, Daniel, and Teal'c intimidate him. But he has to learn.

Sam: Sir...

Landry (interrupting): If he orders you to do something that will get you all killed, I give you permission to zat him into unconsciousness and bring him back here for further discussion. Until then...

Sam (looking slightly more happy): I'll follow his orders, sir.

And then I'd write the rest of the season without Mitchell doing anything so stupid that it might jeopardize their lives.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              Well, if it were me, I'd promote Sam, and use the Landry/Mitchell cabin scene to explain (without putting Mitchell down) that Sam was now in firm command of SG-1, advising him to learn from the best as he originally wanted to do. That won't happen, so I would instead have a scene where Landry clearly tells Sam that even though she is on special assignment to SG-1 and does not fall under Mitchell's direct supervision, she is to follow his command in the field.

Landry: He lacks confidence as a commander. You can help him.

Sam (looks skeptical): Help him order us around, sir?

Landry (frowns): You're very bright, Colonel, I'm sure you can think of something.

Sam says nothing, still looking unhappy.

Landry: You, Daniel, and Teal'c intimidate him. But he has to learn.

Sam: Sir...

Landry (interrupting): If he orders you to do something that will get you all killed, I give you permission to zat him into unconsciousness and bring him back here for further discussion. Until then...

Sam (looking slightly more happy): I'll follow his orders, sir.

And then I'd write the rest of the season without Mitchell doing anything so stupid that it might jeopardize their lives.
              I'd want for Sam to at least be promoted to full Colonel. That would be a start.

I love your ideas though, the original one that you'd like to see happen...but then that's not really a surprise, is it?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

well, since we know that mitch will never

be written out
                killed off
                smartened up
                made more competant

i too would love to see sam promoted. the alternative woud be to demote mitch but he's the hewo so that won't happen
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  well, since we know that mitch will never

be written out
                  killed off
                  smartened up
                  made more competant

i too would love to see sam promoted. the alternative woud be to demote mitch but he's the hewo so that won't happen
                  You know I think that's how Mitchell writes it in is resume.

Name: Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell
                  Job History: Leading top secret F302 fighter pilots
                  Hewo at large.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    lol

you should clarify, he hates ship that he's not in
                    oh, yeah. oops.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Mandy RF stands for radio frequency. I always assumed they were scanning for the source of a partcular radio frequency... given they were the only earth humans on a planet at a given time, it's a fair assumption you could find them by scanning for those frequencies. They may also have incorporated a kind of GPS location...

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      I have a question for the story I'm writing. What is it on their radio's that allows the others to find them? Like when they were searching for Daniel when he was kidnapped by an Unas.
                      sigpic

Comment

i was thinking of a show idea for amanda to star in.

i haven't come up with a name yet, but here's the premise.

it's set 50 to 75 years in the future, on earth. amanda's character (rose) is a police detective, but also has the power to see/talk to the dead.

if anyone saw the movie 'minority report', i'd like things to be that advanced in the show, but still feel normal enough to feel like now.

rose has a husband, but he's not on very much or mentioned very often. and he's played by richard dean anderson.

the basic premise is rose solves murders, where the murder victim helps.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

This is how I see Col. Sam Carter...
                          courageous and competent...
                          aware of the risks and of deep feeling...
                          but strong and heroic.

Photographic by ForeverSG-1

Comment

I love that one Astro

This is how I picture Col. Sam Carter...
                            but strong and heroic.

sigpic

Comment

but strong and heroic.

http://pics.livejournal.com/foreversg1/pic/00003aek.jpg

great!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

but strong and heroic.

Brilliant AstroG...and Kat...that's one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing it!

*gets giddy at way cool Sam!freefall*

Can we have her do that again? Please?!?? Someone write this or include it in a fic somehow.

That's just a hero shot if ever there was one!

Wasn't there a thing about how she (being Amanda) was hurt during that sequence? That when Sam hit the ramp and rolled that Amanda like fell wrong or something?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X