No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Kat that sig of yours "windows to the soul" is wonderful, very captivating

*Looks around the room to see if Astro is around. Stops in tracks, smiles and waves*

Hi Astro, yes I've been working on my fic, honest Just ask TJ, she knows.
    TJ! need some back up here!

okay going back to typing

See Astro working hard
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      D'oh! HEY! No fair! I demand to be added to the sharp-edged club! Well, either that or I'd be happy to be added to the shamelessly acrimonious lampoonery brigade. I am the Alternate Pain In The Mikta, after all.

mini(got ma grillz to prove it!)geeek
      How many Pain in the Mikta's are in this thread
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Far more than are officially titled, I'll tell ya that much!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

It's called "The Rest Of Babylon" by Kate McKay and it's great!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2573431/1/

Those squicked by established S/J should probably give it a miss, though. Kate is fantastic at writing canon S/J, she prefers canon in all her writing, but she interpreted "Threads" as being a new milestone for Sam and Jack, and she does believe that as of season nine, they'd already decided to explore their "other options". So her season nine ( + ) stories are all S/J est relationship. No smarm though. Well done, if you ask me.

geek

Yes, that's the one! Thanks for the link, I'd lost it. Yay, now I can re-read it.

Comment

*Looks around the room to see if Astro is around. Stops in tracks, smiles and waves*

See Astro working hard
            Yes. Mandy. Working. Hard. Fic. That's right. What she says
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by giggles
              Would you choose to work somewhere you weren't treated fairly and with respect?
              Nope.
              Originally posted by giggles
              I don't think you can really know know that. How can you assume to know whether she thinks she's not wanted on the show anymore, or whether she thinks she's very blessed every day to be working with a great group of people she might have come to love like her own family over the past decade? I respect that you care, and that you mean well, but it's ideas like this that generate negative rumors which fly all over the internet and make a lot of people really unhappy. That kind of thing doesn't do anyone a good service. Maybe we should all assume that Amanda's very happy right now and that she's exactly where and with whom she wants to be. You never know, right?
              Yep, we don't. (((((giggles))))

And it's true what you've said. It would be a blessing for her, or anyone, to have ten years of steady and challenging work creating a character with much depth and passion while working with a great group of people (actors and the crew) with great opportunities to expand her talents and to have so much worldwide exposure that this one series has offered her.

And it's been a blessing to us for nearly all of the same reasons too.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                I agree. I don't think we should be speculating on her state of mind and coming up with conclusions based on your personal biases...
                I think some of the speculating comes from our wanting her to be getting a fair shake. I agree we can't know her state of mind. One thing seems clear to me--AT's got loyal supporters here in Samanda who wish her well in whatever she does.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                  That was what struck me when I read that spoiler/article whatever on the front page:

Spoiler:
                  I didn't think about it having been planned for AT at all. What I thought was-ahem-TWO? He's doing a two-parter on SGA???? Where O'Niell has little to no history with any of the characters? Two???? That leaves him only the 200th episode, and two others on SG1. That's a freaking travesty, that is!!!! How is going on SGA for two episodes tying up loose ends when O'Neill had no involvment with any SGA plots? I want to see him with Sam. I want to see him with Teal'c. I want to see him with Daniel. Not the SGA folks!

My level of preturbness is obviously measured by my abuse of the punctuation keys.
                  On the other hand, if they're going to write lame scenes for him like the one in S9, they might as well put him on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    And I really like the mental image I got of our motley crew (I say it with love folks, (please refer to previous post)) leaping up with swords drawn.
                    Strix here, reporting for duty, sir!
                    Spoiler:

CG, spaz, don't be laughing... it was taken 20 years ago...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      I do agree.

whatever the reason - if we're ever given a canon one beyone 'cameron is the male lead, he MUST be the leader - sam is no longer IN CHARGE. At the best, at least in the minds of the writers, she's sharing command (ignoring the fact that, in the real world, the military ain't a democracy. it has a clear chain of command and co-leader is not conducive to a clear chain of command)

now, sam may act more like she's in charge than cam, and may certainly - in the POV of many - be more competant than cam...but as far as teh writers are concerned, she's obviously not in command...they just don't wanna step up to the plate and make it official
                      It's funny Sky but when I saw her, she just seemed like "the leader" to me. Her presence is of a leadership position.

I don't know. Maybe it's an acting choice on her part or maybe it's just the natural result of allowing her character to grow in the role over the last decade.

My sense is that if they want to continue the notion of Mitchell as the leader, they're going to have to intentionally dumb down her role and lessen her presence because, to me, she naturally is and right now anything else just seems forced and unbelievable. And that's a funny thing to suggest about a tv show with snakeheads and bugs and little grey buddies...that one of the more unbelievable aspects of that show has to do with the make up of the team.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Strix here, reporting for duty, sir!
                        Spoiler:

CG, spaz, don't be laughing... it was taken 20 years ago...
                        Whoa. That's .... a helluva sword, baby!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Well, I'm the chief, official and ROYAL Pain in the Mik'ta...but I have lots and LOTS of understudies.

*snickers*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

See Astro working hard
                            All right Mandy!

((((((Mandysg1))))))

Something must be in the water here in Samanda because I've been writing too.

Comment

Whoa. That's .... a helluva sword, baby!
                              Very pretty, but wouldn't stand up to a real fight, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Ooober
                              My sense is that if they want to continue the notion of Mitchell as the leader, they're going to have to intentionally dumb down her role and lessen her presence because, to me, she naturally is and right now anything else just seems forced and unbelievable. And that's a funny thing to suggest about a tv show with snakeheads and bugs and little grey buddies...that one of the more unbelievable aspects of that show has to do with the make up of the team.
                              That may be the way that they end up addressing it, unfortunately, but it wouldn't HAVE to be the way to do it.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                That may be the way that they end up addressing it, unfortunately, but it wouldn't HAVE to be the way to do it.
                                What is your opinion on this topic then, oh mighty Strix? How do you think it could play out or what would you like to see?

Comment

Working...
                                X