No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww. but but... spectator.. pfft sif... Baby that ain't a sword... THIS is a sword!

No seriously... it is... I have one of these hanging on the living room wall

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    You get to stand on the sidelines and root for us as we battle the evilness.

And give us chocolate. Lots of chocolate. We need the strength for the battles you know...especially the kind you get in Australia.

*drools over Cherry Ripes*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      Awww. but but... spectator.. pfft sif... Baby that ain't a sword... THIS is a sword!

No seriously... it is... I have one of these hanging on the living room wall
      And what does this have to do with your providing me...us (I meant us. I said us, right?)...with chocolate???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

If I'm carrying that thing you'll be the one providing me with chocolate miss Umlauts in May

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        And what does this have to do with your providing me...us (I meant us. I said us, right?)...with chocolate???
        sigpic

Comment

If I'm carrying that thing you'll be the one providing me with chocolate miss Umlauts in May
          Nope. Sorry. But thanks for the sword, hun.

And leave my beauteous umlaut out of this!!! It's been through enough this past week.

*strains to lift the sword to drag into battle*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

to astro -

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              to astro -

sally
              I'll have to second that as the evil Jello keepers are refusing to allow me to rep her.

*grumbles at Napoleonic Powermongers*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Ooooh...the command topic. See...now I'm gonna have to go to the Whinging thread to vent.

But excellent work Kat nonetheless.

Comment

Funny Kat

But I was just thinking... where has it been said that Sam has given up command of SG-1? I know there's been a bunch of conclusion jumping by the fans based on some comments from producers and actors... but where is the solid evidence that she isn't in a leadership position? All I've read is reactions to people saying Mitchell is a leader of SG-1.. to me that doesn't automatically mean that Sam has taken a back seat.

Personally I'm not going to tear off down that track until I actually see it and that's still a few months off.

sigpic

Comment

Funny Kat

But I was just thinking... where has it been said that Sam has given up command of SG-1? I know there's been a bunch of conclusion jumping by the fans based on some comments from producers and actors... but where is the solid evidence that she isn't in a leadership position? All I've read is reactions to people saying Mitchell is a leader of SG-1.. to me that doesn't automatically mean that Sam has taken a back seat.

Personally I'm not going to tear off down that track until I actually see it and that's still a few months off.

Well I'm sorry to say, but in season 8 Sam was in command of SG-1. Whether or not Sam and Mitchell are co-leaders in S9, is neither here or there. Regardless if Sam stepped down completely or not, she is obviously not the sole leader of SG-1 any longer; therefore, in my opinion she has definitely taken a step backwards at the very least.

IMHO, I don't believe Sam would do this unless she was ordered to do so and I seriously doubt they will ever explain to us why she came back. Though I really wish they would because why in the world would a woman in Sam's position leave a command position to take on an equal if not more important command position only to then step backwards and accept a position where she would be 2IC. It's preposterous I tell ya! Oh well.

Comment

It was in the script?

[ducks flying objects]

Disclaimer: This response is meant for purely humorous purposes and does not reflect the actual level of depth of thought to which I have given the issue

Well I'm sorry to say, but in season 8 Sam was in command of SG-1. Whether or not Sam and Mitchell are co-leaders in S9, is neither here or there. Regardless if Sam stepped down completely or not, she is obviously not the sole leader of SG-1 any longer; therefore, in my opinion she has definitely taken a step backwards at the very least.

IMHO, I don't believe Sam would do this unless she was ordered to do so and I seriously doubt they will ever explain to us why she came back. Though I really wish they would because why in the world would a woman in Sam's position leave a command position to take on an equal if not more important command position only to then step backwards and accept a position in where she would be 2IC. Preposterous I tell ya! Oh well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Trying to catch up on posts, once again...

Originally posted by sam
                          Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I love your S&J videos!!! I downloaded them a whole bunch!!! THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!
                          Welcome to the thread!

Originally posted by suse
                          well, nuts! I wanted to post my 300th in here and got wrapped up on another thread. Yes, I know - neophyte. Well, 301 will have to do. 300 was for a good cause.

Suse
                          Congrats on 300+ posts, Suse!

Just reading the last few posts I felt the need to chime in as ever

Amanda is a very intelligent person and I can't see her remaining in a situation where she's being taken advantage of if it were all bad. Despite the issues we see with the current situation we have to realise that perspective is everything, and ours is an outsider's view. Things may be nothing like the assumptions being made.

Like everyone here I wish the best for Amanda, but I also know she's capable of looking after herself.. hell she's way smarter than me

As far as what we've seen happen, I still say that sucks, but there are probably sides of the issues we know nothing about and makes us unqualified to judge. I know I went through a situation at my last job where all the efforts I put in over a long period were completely undermined by an issue and the season 10 contract story reminded me alot of that.

We all project our own experiences onto this and that's a part of being a fan... but we also need to remember Amanda is a person and has a mind of her own and we don't need to be jumping in front of her with swords drawn, besides I think her's is bigger

Plus I agreee with another point made earlier... if we wrap everything in negativity it will spill over onto Amanda either latently or directly and that ain't good. I'd hate for someone in production or the studios or wherever. to be catching random glimpses of the thread and coming away thinking Amanda's fans want her off the show. I'm here because I love the work Amanda does and I love Amanda herself. The woman is just incredibly awesome on many levels [broken record speech here].. I might not be happy about some elements of the show right now, but the fundamental reason I'm here will not change and I'll leave my trust with Amanda that she knows what she's doin with her career and with Sam Carter. Hope for SG-1 is not lost.. not even close yet.

Hic Comitas Regit remember.. a kingdom that has a queen, a very smart, beautiful, generous and wonderful queen

So that was it... [shuffles off to royal technicianly duties]
                          That's a very intelligent post, and I agree. Amanda is smart. She can make her own decisions about what's best for her future and how she (and how her character) is being treated with regards to the show.
                          Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                          Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Just reading the last few posts I felt the need to chime in as ever

Amanda is a very intelligent person and I can't see her remaining in a situation where she's being taken advantage of if it were all bad. Despite the issues we see with the current situation we have to realise that perspective is everything, and ours is an outsider's view. Things may be nothing like the assumptions being made.

Like everyone here I wish the best for Amanda, but I also know she's capable of looking after herself.. hell she's way smarter than me

As far as what we've seen happen, I still say that sucks, but there are probably sides of the issues we know nothing about and makes us unqualified to judge. I know I went through a situation at my last job where all the efforts I put in over a long period were completely undermined by an issue and the season 10 contract story reminded me alot of that.

We all project our own experiences onto this and that's a part of being a fan... but we also need to remember Amanda is a person and has a mind of her own and we don't need to be jumping in front of her with swords drawn, besides I think her's is bigger

Plus I agreee with another point made earlier... if we wrap everything in negativity it will spill over onto Amanda either latently or directly and that ain't good. I'd hate for someone in production or the studios or wherever. to be catching random glimpses of the thread and coming away thinking Amanda's fans want her off the show. I'm here because I love the work Amanda does and I love Amanda herself. The woman is just incredibly awesome on many levels [broken record speech here].. I might not be happy about some elements of the show right now, but the fundamental reason I'm here will not change and I'll leave my trust with Amanda that she knows what she's doing with her career and with Sam Carter. Hope for SG-1 is not lost.. not even close yet.

Hic Comitas Regit remember.. a kingdom that has a queen, a very smart, beautiful, generous and wonderful queen

So that was it... [shuffles off to royal technicianly duties]
                            Beautiful Myrth ... succinct, savvy and full of wisdom.

As "giggles" reminded us, even though we have strong feelings and perceptions, none of us can really know what's happening "behind the set" and should respect the fact that AT is a professional and a classy lady. She seems happy with her life when we see her onscreen; let's support her with good vibes and a solid fan base. We all want the best for Amanda, but none of us can speak for her.

LOL, we are so protective and defensive of our Queen - that may be because many of us are intelligent, independent women and so love what AT has done with the character of Sam Carter over the seasons. She defines what we all want to be. We may have our own personal moments when we've felt dissed/disrespected/not taken seriously (the list is endless, eh?!) and we may be projecting those moments of injustice on to our idol. As Sam Carter, she's carrying the banner for all women. Er, let me get off this soapbox before I fall off ... but you get the point!

TPTB should know by now that she has a large and supportive fanbase, all they have to do is go to her fan-club and official website and come here to Samanda.

Sam Carter rocks! We love you, Amanda!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              oh my... 1907 posts... it just struck me that I've almost got 2000 posts.... two thousand... erm... I'm both proud... and embarrassed... 2000 posts... proud that almost *all* of them were posted here at the SaGC Thread.... embarrassed because... I feel...old... what did Chopingal call us... oh, yeah... erm.. The Royal Elders. Hmmm.... Or was it the Royal Hens? Eyes narrowing... I think it was both... but this aging memory of mine isn't helping...

So... at any rate, I know that 1907 isn't a Royal Jelly Bean Milestone or such... but I'm waxing nostalgic... and sentimental... and angsty... and... and... oh, yeah, I was waxing....hmmm... that means to burn or shine brighter... hmmm... oh, yeah, get back on topic...

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for posting so many wonderful comments - and for everyone keeping everyone else honest. It's amazing to me how things are sort-of self-correcting... so that we swing one way... perhaps a bit too negative... and then we pull each other back... and then we swing the other way... but folks eventually come back to why they've come here in the first place.

To celebrate and discuss something that they found intriguing, interesting, positive and worth expressing themselves over. The SG-1 team and Colonel/Major/Captain Sam Carter (depending on when you started watching).

The wonderful comments and critiques and analyses deserve to be catalogued somewhere. As do the beautiful photo-graphics. And the humor - thank god for the humor of those who post here. Coley and 1speed have some of the wittiest exposition!

And the snark - I love that too - and Uber, you are the queen of Snark (as well as the Royal Pain in the Mikta... and don't you have a few other titles as well?) Uber, with your umlauts or not, you are a five-star Carter fan. Thanks so much for your wonderful cogent posts here, and on other threads. And for your snark... Fantastic Carter music vid as well!

To Simha for some of the best writing - and for sharing your deep feelings and concerns with us for the characters of SG-1. To Bink, as well, your deep feelings are shared by many.

Chopingal, one of my favorite posters. An absolute natural talen with poetry. She can write a poem, with rhyme and meter - and poignant, or humorous, content at the drop of a hat. CG blows me away with her talent - and her wonderful thoughts.

To Sky, who has seen it all. Who has watched it all happen. Who has stuck with it all in spite of the comings and goings and snarkiness (or over-fluffiness) of the vagaries of the rest of the members of the fandom. Thanks Sky, for your insights, for your calling us up short when we go on about that which we don't have all of the facts. And for your wonderful fanfic! For the hours and hours and hours that you have spent writing great stories for others to enjoy. And the great photographics as well.

And Kat... almost always so positive. Such wonderful photographics, with such great sentiments to go along with. Your daughter is undoubtedly one lucky girl, and is growing up in a loving household. I'll never read or think of that Emerson quote without thinking of Carter/AT - and I can see her sitting on that park bench in that pic-graphic that you made.

Strix... what can I say here? You are simply one talented writer - and I have loved all of your posts. Thanks so much for joining us here.

Agent Dark... a stalwart Stargate fan even through all of the changes of recent years. A solid Carter fan. One of the original members of the thread - and still loyally here and posting. Thanks for being here, AD. Your sig pics are such fun (you were one of the first to get those cool rotating php's working... and I'm still jealous, although, I see that it's a bit more available for the rest of us computer plebians, now... and eyeing the service that Kat is using...). And - I can't listen to 'It's A Wonderful World' without thinking of AgentD's beautiful shortfic of Carter thinking of the Earth, her dreams of being an astronaut, and her mother.

MajorSam... where did she go? Oh, yeah, that's right, she's got around 20 things to do each day.... You Go Girl! And we'd like to hear from you whenever you get a chance to drop in and say hi like you did a few weeks ago.

NearlyCircular... always thoughtful posts... and with such great photographics with episode lines for captions. And all of the wonderful sound files of special/particular lines from each episode. NC's not around so much lately... and she's missed.

Deepspace - another who isn't around as much anymore... definitely missed, and I hope things are going OK.

Minigeek -great posts, and I love your variations on your 'handle' (mini insert geek).

Scarimor - you are the queen of animated smilies. ROTFLOL! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Lys - for all of your wonderful and caring thoughts and posts, thank you. And - thanks so much, for all of the time that you have put in creating the picture samples of the episodes for each season! Great pics, and such fun to peruse through.

MandySG1 - a talented Samfic writer... who'd better write some more.. and post soon .. Thanks so much for joining this thread!

Jckfan55 - one of the thread Elders... always great posts and good comments. So great to see you sticking with the thread and still posting here. Thanks so much for making my visits to the thread more enjoyable with your comments to read!

chocdoc - another Elder! Yes you are! Love your analyses of all facets of the Stargate universe... on Sam episodes and Carter scenes, as well as the new directions for the show - and your comments about the rest of the fandom.

Tsaxlady... always giving us those wonderful pics from the conventions. And scans of pics and articles that aren't available to the rest of us until you post them. Tsax, you are a true Stargate fan - and I am so glad that you are a Carter fan!

Myrth, Deejay, Giggles, BigUnit, Parsifal, LaCroix, LADoyle, SG1Poz, annsgcfan- wonderful posts and comments. Hic Comitas Regit! Or Hiccupus Comitose Regime! (Did I get close to your version, Uber?)

Alterans - welcome aboard! Post freely and post often. Pics and photos and links to great stories will be found here - and please post the ones that you find for us!

Golfbooy - 1000 Mea Culpas for calling you bink! It was a compliment, really! (just ask Bink!) And it was a great post that you made (even if I credited it to bink).

And where is SamFan31? With all of those wonderful Pilot!Carter photographics. Still LOL at the little yellow cubes on the desert table in Samfan's Welcome Back photo for Carter in the beginning of Season 9! Samfan, you are missed.

RealmofX - wonderful fics - and great posts. So great to have you posting on this thread.

Dancer of Spaz - always, always great comments. And I love your sig pic

MajorSal - kept to last on purpose. You started this thread. You've been a stalwart member and poster. A tender heart who wants only the best for the character of Sam Carter - I too agree with you - I don't want to see Carter killed, not in fanfic and definitely not in the show. I thought 2010 was a great episode for Carter - and the heroic death scene at the end was all part of it for me. But for you it was too much, you don't like even the 'reset history' to show Carter dying. And that makes you wonderful in my book.

To anyone who've I've left out... I apologize profusely... and I plead Old Hen Disease of the Cranium (don't ask, I don't have an explanation)
                              Dear Keeper of the Flame

You've said it all and said it well
                              You always make Samanda gel
                              A lovely tribute to all your friends
                              Here's to Astro, a Wise Old Hen

1900 posts are good to see
                              But you've been away, it's been a mystery
                              So you have some catching up to do
                              Now that you're back we can all say "whoo hoo"

I have to go and run and pack
                              Leaving town for a week but I'll be back
                              In the meantime, the kingdom's in such good hands
                              Keeper's keeping it real in Samanda land!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...danService.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                                Do you have any links to this review kazzyk?
                                Sure do--sorry its taken me so long to get back. This thread moves fast .
                                I have not finished reading the past few days so if someone has already posted the link--forgive the repeat.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?id=19036

Comment

Working...
                                X