No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry I am crediting you Skydiver!

Hmm I found this on ask.com is it okay that I still use it?
    sigpic
    She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      lol

that's ok. i didn't sign them or anything. In fact, i don't think many folks realize that i made walls every once in a while

i just had the oddest sense of deja vu when i saw the sig pic
      i love comeing here and getting messages from people saying "i'm glad you reviewed my fanfics at ff.net!" or "glad you liked by revamping of the AT Club website!" i used to think the people who made wrote that stuff weren't real people, at least not people that i'd meet. i get a totally different impression now when i read SueKay's stuff or visit the AT Club. and knowing mods? shadow getting recognized at cons? weird feeling[/n00b]

and now that i'm throughly OT, Sam Carter rules!
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Alterans
        Don't worry I am crediting you Skydiver!

Hmm I found this on ask.com is it okay that I still use it?
        have fun and use any of them you want.

i'm glad that someone uses them.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i like it too.

it's a downsized wallpaper that i made

http://www.jackfic.com/fanart/thumbnails.php?album=12
          Well - time to start taking anti-oxidants, I guess!

I knew that looked familiar, and I should have recognized it as your work, Sky!

It is a most excellent wallpaper.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            Well - time to start taking anti-oxidants, I guess!

I knew that looked familiar, and I should have recognized it as your work, Sky!

It is a most excellent wallpaper.
            hehe, i was going to ask Alterans if he did it, because we needed people with that kind of talent in this thread!!
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I sat down to eat a late lunch / early tea and flicked on the TV. I caught the title sequence of SG1 and decided to settle in for the long haul, realising it was season seven or eight from the credits that included Shanks and Davis. The opening shot and I screamed "HEROES PART TWO!!!" at the screen.

This is probably one of the most instantly recognisable episodes of Stargate. That opening scene post credits with Sam being cornered, even before you hear the voice of the interviewer, before you see the title appear, you know what it is.

During an ad break, it had the "Now, Next and Later" banner, declaring Sky to now be showing "The Best of Stargate SG1". And they certainly were showing the best. To me, Heroes was one of the real high points in SG1. The combination of acting, direction and writing was practically flawless. I loved how Cassie got a mention, despite the writers' track record regarding Janet's adopted daughter.

I can count eight different occasions on which I have watched Heroes Pt Two since Christmas. Goodness knows how many more previous to that. And the episode never ceases to amaze me. I sat there, in front of the TV, my knuckles white, pressed into my mouth and nose, tears running down my face. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it has the same effect. Even my housemates, who (with one exception) don't watch SG1, on walking into the lounge, were captivated until the next ad break, when the magic broke.

Everyone always talks about the scene with Jack, that magical shippy hug and the famous memorial service. But there's so much more than that. Sam walking down the corridor, telling the film crew to "get that thing out of my face" as she cried. The attack, that slow motion sequence, muted sounds as Jack hits the floor. Hammond visiting Sam in her lab, asking how she's holding up. And Sam asking in return. Teal'c visiting Sam, presenting her with his proposed eulogy, and the hug. The scene in the infirmary, where Daniel tells Bergmann how he died in that bed, how Janet wouldn't let him go.

Was Heroes full of action? Well, it had action sequences. But it wasn't about action, it wasn't about CGI ships and blowing things up. It was about a team. A team whose bonds went beyond the call of duty, deep friendships and ties that noone could possibly understand. It's about human beings, about how they react and interact. Those small moments of worry for each other, frustration with themselves, need for someone to care for them.

That's what makes Heroes great. That's what makes Stargate great. That's what made this episode one of the "Best of Stargate SG1". Perhaps it's time the writers took note.
              Well said Tracy. And I agree with you, that this is what makes Stargate SG1 so great! And like you I also cry every time I see this ep.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

so anyone know about the breakfast wit AT that Alterans was talking about? (apparently i'm hungry)

EDIT: well, as that completely failed to start anything resembling a converation, i shall say good night.

welcome Alterans, glad the rocky starts over (right?)

night.
                Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 30 April 2006, 06:13 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

sorry pr, i was harrassing someone over on AIM

no idea which breakfast it is. probably linked to some con

sigpic

Comment

Is it too late to vote in S4 best Sam episode?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Is it too late to vote in S4 best Sam episode?
                      nope, vote away

in fact, make my monday, let me get back on in about 10 hours to a half dozen votes or more

sigpic

Comment

I was looking at some auction for tickets to a breakfast with AT. If I were to buy such tickets would I be allowed time to speak with her or is she giving a speech or something?

EDIT: Yeah she was probably the one who figured it out(the gene)
                        Hi there Alterans ... don't know where you live but the GABIT2 event in London in November may give you a chance to win a private tea (luncheon) with Amanda on the last day of GABIT. There is also a cocktail party on Friday night but that must have a waiting list by now.

Go to the GABIT thread to find out more and also to find the link to the GABIT forum, etc. Some other Samandan may just be able to pop right back up here and provide the link.

Good luck!

Comment

nope, vote away

in fact, make my monday, let me get back on in about 10 hours to a half dozen votes or more

Ok. I'll let you know in the AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            It doesn't seem like any of the episodes focus on any of the characters except Vala so far. There is no Sam episode, no Teal'c episode, heck not even a Mitchell episode mentioned thus far. And Daniel is only linked to Vala---there is no Daniel episode mainly about Daniel only. It's all about Vala. But as Scarimor mentioned awhile ago, the spoilers revolve around guest stars auditioning for the show, and the guest stars are all revolving around Vala (with a touch of Daniel) so far -- which still doesn't sound too good, does it.

Okay, well how about this?-- perhaps the second half will be better than the first half --- this was true for me in the case of seasons 7 and 8---much better second halves. Although, even for seasons 7 and 8, I found the first halves okay. That is what I'm reduced to wish for now -- a better second half.
                            It does sound like they haven't learned anything from thier "mistakes" in S9. I know that I will give s10 a try but if they keep doing the same things; ie putting Sam, Daniel and Teal'c in the background and focusing on the new toys then I won't be sticking around. I never liked PU or the character of Vala. So when they brought her character back I thought Oh No (sorry scari, but that's just my opinion) I would have much preferred they brought back Anise to cover for Sam, or if they needed comedy and a scientist how about Felger's assistant Chloe? It makes me shake my head that we will have to put up with the Vala/Cam show instead of the team driven, well written well acted SG1 of yester-year
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I like how Sam smiles,the way she shows sarcasm and how she always tells O'Neill no to that fishing trip.
                              Picture made by Skydiver
                              Wonderful sig pic, Alterans! Great job, Sky!
                              i like it too.

it's a downsized wallpaper that i made

http://www.jackfic.com/fanart/thumbnails.php?album=12

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                so anyone know about the breakfast wit AT that Alterans was talking about? (apparently i'm hungry)

EDIT: well, as that completely failed to start anything resembling a converation, i shall say good night.

welcome Alterans, glad the rocky starts over (right?)

night.
                                I'm not positive, but I think it's referring to Creation's 2006 Vancouver Breakfast/Auction with Amanda, JR and Cliff. If this is what he was referring to then the event has already taken place and yes everyone who attended was able to speak with Amanda briefly, or at least listen while Amanda spoke at individual tables.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X