Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    I'm sure that Sky has already posted a link to this post Death Knell tag, but just in case anyone missed it,

Waltzing's For Dreamers

(J/S canon, Pete's mentioned in canon, good Sam-Teal'c interaction, references to dancing and flying)
    This was a wonderful and well-written read! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by UberSG-1Fan
      Apparently, the new server only has an English character set...but they're supposedly working on it so hopefully I'll eventually get my name back.

Until then, I am umlautless.

*weeps at bitter yet hopefully temporary state of umlautlessness*
      Do you have to take meds for the deficiency?! I know you're very umlaut-dependent ... 'tis a worry.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Gee...from one who hasn't been here much lately...the love's still here. RL just gets in the way sometimes. I had about a 70-hour work week this week. And just to say something really positive, it's great to be here and see all the truly creative things you have done in my absence! People have added some great new sigs! And the lunch with AT and RDA went for $30,000!!!! Wow!

And so many new milestones!

Congratulations,
        majorsal, jckfan55, dancer of spaz,
        Mandysg-1, Myrth & ReganX,
        on milestone posts!!!
        RL is eating up most of my days lately too. Great to see your posts again and the lovely tribute to our fellow Samandans above! See? Kindness still reigns.

Sky, hope those wicked storms soon pass (without your normal Kansas twisters) - Texas is taking a beating right now. Strix, is Oklahoma getting soaked and windblown too?

Just have to say how TERRIFIC to pop in and see all the old regulars posting - and Astro, gal, you always add such positive energy to the thread! How wonderful to have you back!

The Royal Accountant (Coley) and her trusty sidekick, 1speed, have gotten her settled into her new location at the end of the earth (as we know it), the Isle of Lewis. Sheep ... think lots of sheep. And wind and some of the oldest terrain and mysterious, honkin' "stones" (think Stonehenge but bigger). According to 1speed, Coley is still without phone/computer hookup - she may be tending sheep for all we know. The landscape has a fierce barren look in parts and the Ancients have been known to populate this land. Maybe a Prior or two?!

As to Sam Carter ... well, I can't wait to see what they have her up to for that 200th episode. I love the fact that RDA is now wanting to return for some part of the action in S10. But I am really concerned that we now have another new cast member (V's daughter) taking up even more of the 42-minute screentime ... let's see ... Sam, T and Danny, Cam and Vala, Landry and Lam, Jack every once and awhile, ... and "baby" makes nine!! It's turning into The Stargate Waltons!! Good night, Sam Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          I'm sure that Sky has already posted a link to this post Death Knell tag, but just in case anyone missed it,

Waltzing's For Dreamers

(J/S canon, Pete's mentioned in canon, good Sam-Teal'c interaction, references to dancing and flying)

I really liked this one! Thanks, AstroG!

Many of you probably saw this already, but Scifi just started a Scifipedia---they began with 1000 entries, and there is one of Amanda at:

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/Amanda_Tapping

A nice description of her and I like what they say about her fanbase.

I don't know anything about how these things work, but apparently fans can add information if they want. Has anybody ever done this before or seen this?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            RL is eating up most of my days lately too. Great to see your posts again and the lovely tribute to our fellow Samandans above! See? Kindness still reigns.

Sky, hope those wicked storms soon pass (without your normal Kansas twisters) - Texas is taking a beating right now. Strix, is Oklahoma getting soaked and windblown too?

Just have to say how TERRIFIC to pop in and see all the old regulars posting - and Astro, gal, you always add such positive energy to the thread! How wonderful to have you back!

The Royal Accountant (Coley) and her trusty sidekick, 1speed, have gotten her settled into her new location at the end of the earth (as we know it), the Isle of Lewis. Sheep ... think lots of sheep. And wind and some of the oldest terrain and mysterious, honkin' "stones" (think Stonehenge but bigger). According to 1speed, Coley is still without phone/computer hookup - she may be tending sheep for all we know. The landscape has a fierce barren look in parts and the Ancients have been known to populate this land. Maybe a Prior or two?!

As to Sam Carter ... well, I can't wait to see what they have her up to for that 200th episode. I love the fact that RDA is now wanting to return for some part of the action in S10. But I am really concerned that we now have another new cast member (V's daughter) taking up even more of the 42-minute screentime ... let's see ... Sam, T and Danny, Cam and Vala, Landry and Lam, Jack every once and awhile, ... and "baby" makes nine!! It's turning into The Stargate Waltons!! Good night, Sam Bob!

Say hi to Coley and 1speed for us!!

And yes, the cast keeps growing! I figure V's daughter is like any recurring character in the sense of time on the screen, like Bra'tak or Jacob. Who knows if Lam will be on again.

I was surprised that RDA will be on SGA three times (once in the beginning of season 3) and SG-1 just twice (and one of those includes episode 200). I wonder what their plan is? Will Jack and Sam be going to Atlantis together in two episodes in the second half, or will they have them go at separate times? Are they thinking that SG-1 wil end, and so prepare for original cast members to go to Atlantis at times? Are they trying to boost Atlantis ratings to help it make it on its own in the future?

And I wonder what RCC and BW's new pilot will be (BW mentioned they want to write one)? Something very different and not related to SG-1? Does a new pilot imply all new cast members? If they were doing a spin-off of SG-1, then I could see it including old cast members--but if it is truly a pilot, then they may get all new actors. Of course, they may not even be given the opportunity to do anything new, depending on the ratings of SG-1 and Atlantis next year.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out what all this might mean for Sam, but I have no idea. AT seems to want to continue with the show and the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Strix, is Oklahoma getting soaked and windblown too?
              Not so much wind this time. But lots of much-needed rain.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                Say hi to Coley and 1speed for us!!

And yes, the cast keeps growing! I figure V's daughter is like any recurring character in the sense of time on the screen, like Bra'tak or Jacob. Who knows if Lam will be on again.

I was surprised that RDA will be on SGA three times (once in the beginning of season 3) and SG-1 just twice (and one of those includes episode 200). I wonder what their plan is? Will Jack and Sam be going to Atlantis together in two episodes in the second half, or will they have them go at separate times? Are they thinking that SG-1 wil end, and so prepare for original cast members to go to Atlantis at times? Are they trying to boost Atlantis ratings to help it make it on its own in the future?

And I wonder what RCC and BW's new pilot will be (BW mentioned they want to write one)? Something very different and not related to SG-1? Does a new pilot imply all new cast members? If they were doing a spin-off of SG-1, then I could see it including old cast members--but if it is truly a pilot, then they may get all new actors. Of course, they may not even be given the opportunity to do anything new, depending on the ratings of SG-1 and Atlantis next year.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out what all this might mean for Sam, but I have no idea. AT seems to want to continue with the show and the franchise.
                Maybe a movie?
                I just read a review about AT--in it the reviewer thought that S8 allowed AT to show what a great actress she is

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                  Maybe a movie?
                  I just read a review about AT--in it the reviewer thought that S8 allowed AT to show what a great actress she is
                  Do you have any links to this review kazzyk?
                  -

Comment

I sat down to eat a late lunch / early tea and flicked on the TV. I caught the title sequence of SG1 and decided to settle in for the long haul, realising it was season seven or eight from the credits that included Shanks and Davis. The opening shot and I screamed "HEROES PART TWO!!!" at the screen.

This is probably one of the most instantly recognisable episodes of Stargate. That opening scene post credits with Sam being cornered, even before you hear the voice of the interviewer, before you see the title appear, you know what it is.

During an ad break, it had the "Now, Next and Later" banner, declaring Sky to now be showing "The Best of Stargate SG1". And they certainly were showing the best. To me, Heroes was one of the real high points in SG1. The combination of acting, direction and writing was practically flawless. I loved how Cassie got a mention, despite the writers' track record regarding Janet's adopted daughter.

I can count eight different occasions on which I have watched Heroes Pt Two since Christmas. Goodness knows how many more previous to that. And the episode never ceases to amaze me. I sat there, in front of the TV, my knuckles white, pressed into my mouth and nose, tears running down my face. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it has the same effect. Even my housemates, who (with one exception) don't watch SG1, on walking into the lounge, were captivated until the next ad break, when the magic broke.

Everyone always talks about the scene with Jack, that magical shippy hug and the famous memorial service. But there's so much more than that. Sam walking down the corridor, telling the film crew to "get that thing out of my face" as she cried. The attack, that slow motion sequence, muted sounds as Jack hits the floor. Hammond visiting Sam in her lab, asking how she's holding up. And Sam asking in return. Teal'c visiting Sam, presenting her with his proposed eulogy, and the hug. The scene in the infirmary, where Daniel tells Bergmann how he died in that bed, how Janet wouldn't let him go.

Was Heroes full of action? Well, it had action sequences. But it wasn't about action, it wasn't about CGI ships and blowing things up. It was about a team. A team whose bonds went beyond the call of duty, deep friendships and ties that noone could possibly understand. It's about human beings, about how they react and interact. Those small moments of worry for each other, frustration with themselves, need for someone to care for them.

That's what makes Heroes great. That's what makes Stargate great. That's what made this episode one of the "Best of Stargate SG1". Perhaps it's time the writers took note.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      I sat down to eat a late lunch / early tea and flicked on the TV. I caught the title sequence of SG1 and decided to settle in for the long haul, realising it was season seven or eight from the credits that included Shanks and Davis. The opening shot and I screamed "HEROES PART TWO!!!" at the screen.

This is probably one of the most instantly recognisable episodes of Stargate. That opening scene post credits with Sam being cornered, even before you hear the voice of the interviewer, before you see the title appear, you know what it is.

During an ad break, it had the "Now, Next and Later" banner, declaring Sky to now be showing "The Best of Stargate SG1". And they certainly were showing the best. To me, Heroes was one of the real high points in SG1. The combination of acting, direction and writing was practically flawless. I loved how Cassie got a mention, despite the writers' track record regarding Janet's adopted daughter.

I can count eight different occasions on which I have watched Heroes Pt Two since Christmas. Goodness knows how many more previous to that. And the episode never ceases to amaze me. I sat there, in front of the TV, my knuckles white, pressed into my mouth and nose, tears running down my face. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it has the same effect. Even my housemates, who (with one exception) don't watch SG1, on walking into the lounge, were captivated until the next ad break, when the magic broke.

Everyone always talks about the scene with Jack, that magical shippy hug and the famous memorial service. But there's so much more than that. Sam walking down the corridor, telling the film crew to "get that thing out of my face" as she cried. The attack, that slow motion sequence, muted sounds as Jack hits the floor. Hammond visiting Sam in her lab, asking how she's holding up. And Sam asking in return. Teal'c visiting Sam, presenting her with his proposed eulogy, and the hug. The scene in the infirmary, where Daniel tells Bergmann how he died in that bed, how Janet wouldn't let him go.

Was Heroes full of action? Well, it had action sequences. But it wasn't about action, it wasn't about CGI ships and blowing things up. It was about a team. A team whose bonds went beyond the call of duty, deep friendships and ties that noone could possibly understand. It's about human beings, about how they react and interact. Those small moments of worry for each other, frustration with themselves, need for someone to care for them.

That's what makes Heroes great. That's what makes Stargate great. That's what made this episode one of the "Best of Stargate SG1". Perhaps it's time the writers took note.

I think this one will always stand out as one of sg1 best because it showed how a death efects all who walked those halls. I loved Sam's speech at the end, such a wonderfull and fitting tribute to a much loved and much missed character.
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        I really liked this one! Thanks, AstroG!

Many of you probably saw this already, but Scifi just started a Scifipedia---they began with 1000 entries, and there is one of Amanda at:

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/Amanda_Tapping

A nice description of her and I like what they say about her fanbase.

I don't know anything about how these things work, but apparently fans can add information if they want. Has anybody ever done this before or seen this?
                        So... I went and gave the Scifipedia a go...

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.ph...nel_Sam_Carter

I think anyone can add to it, so how about everyone chips in? Everyone writes some great stuff for Carter and AT? I got it started with a bunch of links that I thought folks might find useful

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                          ooooohhhhhhhh Sunday Morning and the hangover from hell

I think for my Season 4 Sam ep I'm going to have to go with Stargate Barbie - Beneath The Surface because Sam is Sam even when she doesn't remember she's Sam.
                          That's why I went for it too. We get to see Sam outside the confines of rank (and I don't mean for shippy purposes, though Sam and Jack do have a sweet moment). We can see that regardless of whether she's in the military or somewhere else, she wants to contribute.

Comment

ok folks, last chance to vote for hte best sam eps of s4

right now i have 23 votes for 6 eps wiht 7 separating #1 and #2
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UberSG-1Fan
                              Thor becomes distressed because his ship has been boarded and Sam's first reaction is to run and hide. No? You don't remember it that way? GOOD. Because her first reaction was to reach for her P-90 so she could blow away enough bugs to stall for time for Thor. I love that about her...always ready to do what has to be done even if it means putting herself in harm's way.

When Thor rejects the notion because he thinks it's too dangerous, he beams her down mid protest as she's telling him to essentially not even THINK about beaming her down because she wasn't going to leave him to handle the bugs by himself...further communicating her strength and passion for defending those in need.
                              And the mutual love of Sam and Thor...oops wrong thread. The only ship I like is ComicShip.
                              But seriously, you are so right about Sam. I love this part of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

Sam: "Okay, guys, joke's over. Untie me from this thing."
                                LOL! Didn't notice that before.

Comment

Working...
                                X