Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Hey guys, I had a quick question, and I'm hoping someone can answer it. The other day I saw a post by Qasim, and I realized that I haven't really seen him/her in a looooong time. I checked Qasim's profile and it says that s/he hasn't been on since February 8th.

I have to say that I feel really bad for not noticing it before, but thinking back, it seems like Qasim's been gone from the SaGC thread for even longer than that - closer to early January, in fact. Does anyone know where Qasim is these days?
    Qas is online a lot, but he stopped coming to GW because of all the whining and cattiness and general unpleasantness. Plus he was just bored, I think.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      you don't get MOH's for just anything. and only 8 people in history have gotten them twice. and out of the 3000 i think that have gotten them, 134 of those folks are alive (most are awarded posthumously)

jack i could see getting one for the head sucker but the others...no, i just see your average medal of valor for the kids
      Me too. Jack and Sam should have several medals of valor, Air medals etc. But based on the criteria for the MOH I also see only the last head sucker thing as MOH deserving. there was some interesting info on this on the who should lead thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        I just wanted to make sure my 1000th post is in the SaGC thread.

It was Astro who twisted my arm into checking out the thread, and I'm so glad I did. Here I have found many hours of entertainment, intelligent discussion, and good people, all dedicated to a wonderful character and an amazing actress. (((hugs to you all)))
        Yay Strix. Dare I ask if you've had time to work on a new story? Hint.

Comment

Sam: What do you mean what am I wearing? Colonel is that you?
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            LOL That's OK. At least it's a one shot clip and it's over in a few seconds. Couple weeks ago, I was on location for a few days and the production coordinator had the wrong letter at the beginning of my first name on ALL THE CALL SHEETS. Every single day, for a week. Yeah. So, needless to say, I was continually introduced as (some ridiculous name that NO ONE would ever have!), and I kept having to correct people, politely, right after I was introduced, (which was embarassing in and of itself). After a while the AD picked up voice-of-god and just made an announcement, given it was happening so often. It was funny, except that I think I turned about nine shades of red! lol
            Unlike, say, gianthonkingamazongeek?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Sam: No, Colonel--I really don't care that the crappies are biting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Qas is online a lot, but he stopped coming to GW because of all the whining and cattiness and general unpleasantness. Plus he was just bored, I think.
                Bummer. Well, if you talk to him (on MSN, I'm assuming), let him know I said hello!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Yay Strix. Dare I ask if you've had time to work on a new story? Hint.
                  Yeeees. Or perhaps one you've been working on for a while? Hmmmm....?

Get to typin', woman!

You too, Sky!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    Sky's choccie vending machine:

beautiful!!
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Sam: No, Colonel--I really don't care that the crappies are biting.
                      colonel, put your pants on and you won't care if the crappies are biting

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Yeeees. Or perhaps one you've been working on for a while? Hmmmm....?

Get to typin', woman!

You too, Sky!
                        i am working on one.

i have a huge honkin au fic 'done' - needs to be beta'd and proofed - but i'm holding off on it cause i'm working on a sequal.

first fic is 80+ single spaced pages, second fic is at 18 and counting

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          I was challenging myself to see if I could write a character I hate without bashing them.
                          You did an excellent job. Your story was really good.
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            I just wanted to make sure my 1000th post is in the SaGC thread.

It was Astro who twisted my arm into checking out the thread, and I'm so glad I did. Here I have found many hours of entertainment, intelligent discussion, and good people, all dedicated to a wonderful character and an amazing actress. (((hugs to you all)))
                            (((Strix))) Congrats on 1000 posts. And you're right about this thread. I just love it here.
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words on my 1000th post milestone!

My LJ

Comment

oh, i almost forgot

VOTE for the best s4 sam eps!!!

i mean i have less than 10 votes.

we need more, more, more

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X