Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Yeah, but even acting in the belief that you would be pushing the reset button of your life, so to speak, you're still facing a painful death. She experienced getting shot by the laser thingies. She knew that that no matter what, HER life (in that incarnation) would cease to exist, either because she was killed trying to change it, or she would succeed in changing history. And that requires enormous courage and conviction, I think.

How many people would willing step in front of bus, even if they knew it would change history? Ok. Maybe some could screw up the courage. But they'd still know it was going to hurt like hell... So I think it was a sacrifice.
    That's what I was trying to say, but you communicated it much better than I.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

anyone read the new spoilers for Memento Mori?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=spoilers+for

i'm not interested in vala. or mitchell. hope there's enough sam in this ep for me to focus on.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Nicely said Strix

Yeah, but even acting in the belief that you would be pushing the reset button of your life, so to speak, you're still facing a painful death. She experienced getting shot by the laser thingies. She knew that that no matter what, HER life (in that incarnation) would cease to exist, either because she was killed trying to change it, or she would succeed in changing history. And that requires enormous courage and conviction, I think.

How many people would willingly step in front of bus, even if they knew it would change history? Ok. Maybe some could screw up the courage. But they'd still know it was going to hurt like hell... So I think it was a sacrifice.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know how "Engaged to Kill" rates vis-à-vis other Lifetime movies, but I wasn't that impressed. Then again, I'm not the target demo. Amanda was, of course, the best thing about it. Unfortunately, virtually all her screen time was in the first hour.

70 caps of Amanda:

http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/Engaged_to_Kill.rar

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            I don't know how "Engaged to Kill" rates vis-à-vis other Lifetime movies, but I wasn't that impressed. Then again, I'm not the target demo. Amanda was, of course, the best thing about it. Unfortunately, virtually all her screen time was in the first hour.

70 caps of Amanda:

Is that the movie she was in...the Abby Lord one?

If so...no wonder I couldn't find it. I didn't know the name had changed.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              It's a hard tune to get, I think! I have it on my cell phone, and even the crappy synthesizer doohickey they used couldn't really quite catch it. I'd imagine it'd be even harder to hum or whistle without sounding reaaally off.

Another one is that supposedly tortured song in IGTBK. What the heck was that song? I've heard so many suggestions, but none of them seem to fit.
              I dont think its very hard to get, but then again its on tv everyday and i am proud to say im not tone deaf in whistling or humming.
              What tortured song in IGTBK? there was a song?
              Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

How many people would willingly step in front of bus, even if they knew it would change history? Ok. Maybe some could screw up the courage. But they'd still know it was going to hurt like hell... So I think it was a sacrifice.
                I didn't mean to imply that Sam doesn't deserve kudos. It is a bit different, though, than voluntarily removing your particular individuality from the universe permanently. By dying, Sam would even end up getting a better life out of the deal. Still, it did take guts to make that choice, even in those unusual circumstances.

Comment

70 caps of Amanda:

Woot!

So was she 'bumbling'? Spill the details!

Comment

I'm serious folks! I will green whoever gets me that Amanda clip from tonight!

I am not opposed to begging and bribing.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Woot!

So was she 'bumbling'? Spill the details!
                      I wouldn't say so. She was pretty serious.

Über, give me a couple of minutes.

Comment

70 caps of Amanda:

I can't open the file ... what program do I need to view the photo? Thanks.

Comment

So, there's some kind of ET Canada entertainment special on RDA's return to Stargate tomorrow night at 7pm ET, and I saw part of the preview of it that had a clip of Amanda in the background, looked like they were shooting something. Anyhow, I may not be in tomorrow night, but head's up other Canadian fans who are.

They promo-ed it with something really cheesy, the voice over lady says: "The real story behind his (RDA's) return, that will touch your heart..." *sniff* just... kinda... gets ya right there... LOL!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I wouldn't say so. She was pretty serious.

Über, give me a couple of minutes.
                            btw, pars, *thank you*!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ok, it's official...I'm depressed. I'm watching SG1 on SciFi right now...and it's that eps...the one I've missed. Right now, Sam's trying to
                              Spoiler:
                              write something for her speaking at Janet's memorial service

*throws a tantrum* WHY'D they go and do a frellin' STUPID thing like that?! HUH? That's just wrong...doing that to Sam and the rest of the team.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                anyone read the new spoilers for Memento Mori?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=spoilers+for

i'm not interested in vala. or mitchell. hope there's enough sam in this ep for me to focus on.

sally
                                Arrg I feel the need to go whine on Samanda wing nut thread (well that's how I would pronounce it)

Spoiler:
                                And didn't we already see that episode *take out Vala, insert Teal'c* Yep it sounds really familiar
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X