No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shipper heart wanted to vote for D&C, and then I wanted to vote for Entity.

But Entity really isn't SAM CARTER; it's Amanda Tapping acting as an entity... Yet it WAS a good episode.

Small Victories was a good'un. And so was 2010.

OK, I think I'm just gonna vote for 2010 and call it a day.

/babble

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Is this from the photo gallery special feature on one of the Season 9 DVD's?
      Yup, season 9 vol 2 (or 45 counting from the beginning of the series) with "The Powers That Be", "Beachhead", "Ex Deus Machina" and "Babylon" episodes. UK edition. I've got my copy today

Comment

Okay S4, I think I have to start with a process of elimination.
        First to be eliminated WOO, although everyone (mostly) loves the scene where Jack kissed Sam, it was a Jack episode, and the kiss was erased anyway.

Second Crossroads, because if its an episode I can't remember, then it can't be a best Sam episode.

Third The Firs Ones, because it is mostly a Daniel episode

Okay now how many does that leave ???? *carry the 1...*
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah, lots to choose from, but none that equal the sheer awesomeness of 2010--the best Sam episode of season four. At least according to me, that is.

Comment

oooh actually i'm gonna have to add prodigy to my short list. great sam ep IMO. i know a lot of people don't like it, but i do. we get a glimpse into what sam might have been like in the acadamy, and we get to see her become a mentor too.

Comment

And what about Exodus ? She did make a sun explode.
              Now, that was ambitious.
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

well i was going to go with small victories cause she helps the asgard and sam's good in this ep but reading other people's posts now has me thinking about other episodes so now i dont know. going to have to think about this one

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Hmmm...season four. I think for me it's between "Small Victories" and "2010". Loved the scientist Sam that came out in her interaction with Thor -- plus the alien hug was just so squishable and the banter about her stupid ideas was great. And "2010" was an incredible episode all around, but we really got to see Sam in a situation that was utterly new and different. Really hard to choose...get back to me after a few days of debating.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

It's between Prodigy, Small Victories and 2010 for me. Entity was grand, but you all are right, it wasn't a SAM episode so much as it was an alien!posession episode. It was more of a Jack episode in that he had the most character-soul-searching to do, me thinks. Hmm..

Prodigy... she was so great lecturing at the AF academy and being away from the SGC, showing off Sam the officer. We got to see how much she does care about the future of the program and what kind of a mentor she might be. Loved all that.

Small Victories ... she saved the entire Asgard race! Pretty damn impressive! And the Sam/Thor interaction was hilarious. Plus that whole snarky/flippant comment over her shoulder while she follows THOR up the ramp to go with him the first time - was so funny. A great Sam ep overall.

2010 ... we see glimpses of Sam in the future and the present, and we get to see what she might be like; her inner strength and her non military side shines through in this ep. Not to mention the core of her integrity remains true to character, given her choice to sacrifice everything and work with Jack and the team to "reset" the past. Amazing character revelation(s), too.

Gahd, I dunno! LOL I loved all of season four! It's my favorite season. Have to think on this a while...

mg

(hey Mandy hun, I see your PM but I have to run for a bit, so I'll answer it asap ok?)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

For me, the choice is simple. 2010.

Why?

It shows the depth and the caliber of her character. Here she is 10 years out...years after living a life that presented life or death challenges on a day to day basis on SG-1...and she's still a hero. She's still putting others first. She's still willing to put everything on the line for the sake of those who will never know her name.

She was clearly the leader in this episode. It was her plan and she implemented it. She was the one who knew she'd lose her life with her husband.

And when it came down to it, she knew she'd lose her life.

It is who she is. A nameless hero who died for the sake of human life on earth.

So for me it's not even close.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        It's between Prodigy, Small Victories and 2010 for me. Entity was grand, but you all are right, it wasn't a SAM episode so much as it was an alien!posession episode. It was more of a Jack episode in that he had the most character-soul-searching to do, me thinks. Hmm..

Prodigy... she was so great lecturing at the AF academy and being away from the SGC, showing off Sam the officer. We got to see how much she does care about the future of the program and what kind of a mentor she might be. Loved all that.

Small Victories ... she saved the entire Asgard race! Pretty damn impressive! And the Sam/Thor interaction was hilarious. Plus that whole snarky/flippant comment over her shoulder while she follows THOR up the ramp to go with him the first time - was so funny. A great Sam ep overall.

2010 ... we see glimpses of Sam in the future and the present, and we get to see what she might be like; her inner strength and her non military side shines through in this ep. Not to mention the core of her integrity remains true to character, given her choice to sacrifice everything and work with Jack and the team to "reset" the past. Amazing character revelation(s), too.

Gahd, I dunno! LOL I loved all of season four! It's my favorite season. Have to think on this a while...

mg

(hey Mandy hun, I see your PM but I have to run for a bit, so I'll answer it asap ok?)
                        No prob, don't rush, I won't be on tonight. I'll be watching Engaged to Kill
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          For me, the choice is simple. 2010.

Why?

It shows the depth and the caliber of her character. Here she is 10 years out...years after living a life that presented life or death challenges on a day to day basis on SG-1...and she's still a hero. She's still putting others first. She's still willing to put everything on the line for the sake of those who will never know her name.

She was clearly the leader in this episode. It was her plan and she implemented it. She was the one who knew she'd lose her life with her husband.

It is who she is. A nameless hero who died for the sake of human life on earth.

So for me it's not even close.
                          See, awesomeness.

Comment

*Sheds tear at Oooober's post and pic* Snif
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Uber...that's so sad but soooo amazing. *pets piccie* I seriously wish they would make inspirational posters like that -- my room would be plastered with 'em.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                I think that she saw her actions not as losing her life, but as regaining it.

Comment

Working...
                                X