X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    favorite sam hairstyle

<plathunk>
    yes--what a lovely picture of her. She's got that quality that just draws the eye in anything she's in. Speaking of which--remember her movie on Lifetime on Monday night. Ok, it's not billed as AT's movie, but she will undoubtedly be the best thing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27736

Another game Sam needs votes for.

You can only vote twice a day, though.
      {Mod Snip}
      and now for something completely different.

regarding the shallow conversation about hair :

i love the longer hair. loved the WoO hair, love the slightly messy looks of season 7-9. my favourite was in The First Ones in season 4. a picture of which has already been posted.

and TJ, about what your mother said:

she's insane. certifiable. no offense or anything, but your mother is now on my list of people to give dirty looks to. and not the good kind of dirty looks either, oh no.

personally i thought that sam (and therefore AT obviously) looked absolutely stunning when she came back in season 9. just gorgeous, as much if not more so (if thats even possible, which i dont' think it is) than ever. and i actually thought she almost looked younger. i remember thinking 'wow having a baby really agreed with her'. i thought she looked exhausted, but really happy underneath it all, and just plain gorgeous. i had a severe plathunk moment. well, more than a moment really. its actually still going on to this day.
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 April 2006, 08:29 PM. Reason: respect fellow members

Comment

Jack (reading): See Jack run
        Sam (thinking): Oy here we go again, explainging wormhole physics, where's a donut when you need one
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

sam (thinking): i could've sworn i had a hair clip in today...
          jack (menatally singing): i feel pre-tty, oh so pre-tty...

Comment

And the results are in for the Greatest Character Elimination game

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27718
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

<gasp-age>

wow.

look at that.

sam WON! <giddy>

and mitchell. he lost. by a lot. and ronan. and vala. so sad. <tear>
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

And yet here's another poll to vote in http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25040
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

And yet here's another poll to vote in http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25040
                  gah! they're popping up like...things that pop up! runawaaaaaaay!!
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

You mean like Pop-Ups
                    *Running away following PR*
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You mean like Pop-Ups
                      *Running away following PR*
                      *RoX looks at those running away.......shrugs......*
                      *picks up favourite cricket bat*
                      Hey! I luv playing Whack-A-Mole
                      *Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! *

-

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                        *RoX looks at those running away.......shrugs......*
                        *picks up favourite cricket bat*
                        Hey! I luv playing Whack-A-Mole*Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! *

Just be careful, we're not sure where that mole is located
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Sam/AT
                          Rock

(period)
                          WELL SAID!

Just sayin', true!
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            There's been periodic discussion here regarding the demographics (actual & desired) of the Stargate audience, so I thought this might be of interest to some (presuming it's not already known). It's not specific to Stargate, but I think it provides some information.

http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/ratings.pdf
                            Thanks for the link to the info, parsifal
                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Honestly, I think more people should think bout the fact that the actors may be reading the threads. I don't think this should prevent anyone from posting positive and negative comments about the characters, but I truly believe people would be much more careful about what they said about a particular actor if they knew they were sitting on the otherside of a screen reading or standing face to face to them. I don't feel it's infringing on the rights of another in the name of protection. I think it's more a matter of common courtesy. I've seen my photo posted up on GW. I did not give permission for those pictures to be posted, but I did attend an event where I knew people were taking pictures so it was a risk I was obviously willing to take. However, just because you know that other people will be seeing your photo doesn't mean you really want to hear people post negative comments about you. It's a policy on this board that we aren't allowed to flame another poster, so why do we not offer the same courtesy to an actor who may be lurking? Amanda, Torri or any other actor shouldn't have to log on and read personal attacks on their character or about their looks, ect.

I know TJ and I know she would never purposely post anything negative about Amanda, but I felt that her post crossed the line in this case. The comments her mother made may have been about Sam, but the way they came across they were directed at Amanda as well and to me that is really wrong especially in a pro-Sam/AT thread.

Kat
                            I have to agree with Kat. TJ's mom's comments were simply not appropriate for anyone to say to their daughter (let alone to anyone else). My reaction was... wow, TJ's mom is mean! (And I know it sounds juvenile, but it's also the best description. I just can't imagine my mom saying something like that about someone that she knew that I admired). It makes me wonder if TJ's mom was deliberately 'yanking TJ's chain'? And said it mostly to get a rise out of TJ, rather than truly meaning what she said?
                            Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                            What really lifts their spirits and gives them some of the satisfaction in their work is knowing that there are fans out there, appreciating and loving their work. The most we can do is continue to be there and supportive of Amanda.
                            favorite sam hairstyle

<plathunk>

i don't mind it a bit longer (though as someone said, the WoO hair hurts my enjoyment of the whole ep) but it can't be in/near her eyes! even if she can put it behind her ears! you have ANY IDEA how annoying that is when you're trying to run/march/shoot/shadow a target? even stand at attention and it falls in front of your face!? grrrr....
                            Great pics - and great post!

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
                              final results

Greatest Stargate Character

[01] Samantha Carter (Won by 37 votes)
                              [02] Jack O'Neill
                              [03] Daniel Jackson
                              [04] Teal'c
                              [05] Jonas Quinn
                              [06] George Hammond
                              [07] Elizabeth Weir
                              [08] Rodney McKay
                              [09] John Sheppard
                              [10] Carson Beckett
                              [11] Teyla Emmagan
                              [12] Aiden Ford
                              [13] Hank Landry
                              [14] Vala Mal Doran
                              [15] Ronon Dex
                              [16] Cameron Mitchell
                              That's simply something that should be posted here!

And...here's something else that I think should be a visual statement in our thread....

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329

(sorry that the image is so wide, I tried to reduce the size of the pics, but then the words weren't legible)
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 22 April 2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                That's simply something that should be posted here!

And...here's something else that I think should be a visual statement in our thread....
                                [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dpollcolor.jpg

(sorry that the image is so wide, I tried to reduce the size of the pics, but then the words weren't legible)
                                so, i ask you. why does that not yet read 500? anyone, feel free to answer. because i see a serious problem here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X