Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Spoiler:
    I was very upset with my mum tonight. We were chatting and I was telling her about the London Comic Con and stuff, and how I wanted to go. As soon as she realised Torri, Rachel, Don and Gates McFadden were going to be there, it was less of a case of persuading her to let me go, than to stop her coming with me.

Anyway, the problem. We got talking about SG1 and season nine. She was gushing about how much she loved Cameron, which I can deal with, because, you know, some people like Cameron, and my mum has always been a Sam fan.

So I said, as you do, "I haven't got much of a problem with Cameron, except that he'd be a much better Major, or 2IC. He's just not right as leadership material."

And my mum, the woman who has been a Sam fan for years, and has continuously pestered me, saying "you could do to be more like that, Tracy Jane"... she turned round and said "Well, it's better than having that dry humourless witch running the show."

"What, Vala? I know her humour leaves something to be desired, but..."

"No. Sam. She just hasn't fitted in since she came back. Not to mention the weight she's put on."

"That's cos she had a baby," I replied. "And she hasn't fitted in? "

My mum then replied, "They've finally got a cute, baby faced lead actor with a fabulous sense of humour, have Vala who is the best character written, and they've found their niche. This is what they should have done years ago. It's time for that old crow to leave."

I was stunned. Absolutely stunned.
    That's so sad. Poor Sam...poor, poor Sam. And evil, evil Vala.... AT had a baby, but think she still looks great. And the only reason she may not fit in is because of the poor writing. AT helped make that show what it is...and Cam is not cute!
    Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 22 April 2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I was very upset with my mum tonight.
      <>
      Personally I think you had every right to be upset with our mum after that.
      I can't believe someone, not anyone, let alone someone who used to be a Sam fan, could say that about Sam/Amanda. It's quite horrid.
      Is it just because Amanda is starting to look like a more mature, though none less beautiful, older woman? I think her age is making her only more beautiful, but in a different way to the beauty of youth.
      I certainly don't think she's put on too much weight, certainly she isn't overweight, and come on, it's natural to gain some weight after pregnancy.
      As for her character, my god, Sam is an AMAZING charcater, how can she suddenly be considered as second best because she doesn't flaunt her sexuality in the same way Vala has been known to in the past.
      I'm actually a little flabergasted that someone could say these mean things about anybody let alone someone like Sam/Amanda.
      Ah, TJ, I hope your mum decides to see some sense and to stop saying things like that. It's odd, because those things just sound so immature.
      I know that some people prefer the new style of Stargate to what we've had for eight prior seasons, but is that an excuse to start talking a load of rubbish about a brilliant character and actress?
      I'm sorry, this is nothing against your mum TJ, but I don't understand, I... can't understand why she said these things.
      Last edited by deepspace; 22 April 2006, 08:28 PM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        umm, gotta have web space to post pics

and not all of us are gonna go play on photobucket
        So...what exactly are the rules about posting pics? Can you get them from any site, or just from places like photobucket? Help? To keep on topic...Sam is Stargate's best character! GO SAM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          So...what exactly are the rules about posting pics? Can you get them from any site, or just from places like photobucket? Help? To keep on topic...Sam is Stargate's best character! GO SAM!!!
          Well its considered general internet courtesy not to 'hotlink' a picture on the internet (that is, to copy the image location and display it at another website.) If you want to steal a pic, save it to your harddrive then upload it to your own webspace (photobucket or imageshack for example)

Comment

Sam/AT
            Rock

(period)

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Sam/AT
              Rock

(period)
              Blue jello for you!
              Spoiler:
              -

Comment

Hi again everyone I meant to go back on here on my b-day, but I didn't get a chance. I had a good b-day. Thanks again for all the well wishes

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                Sam/AT
                Rock

(period)
                *applauds*

Well said!

Now back to the appreciation... I'd like to post my fave hairstyles

I always like Sam's hairstyles, but my faves have been the ones where her hair is slightly longer than usual and when it is wavy or curly... examples:

possibly my fave Sam hairstyle. I just think it is so cute and pretty. My sister and I joke about it though, because her hair is so different from the way it looks in "Nemesis", apparently there were no showers where they went, but there was a salon

From "Beachhead". I like this look, shaggy, but cute
                Last edited by Forestia; 26 April 2006, 06:10 PM.
                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Bump

Yay - 300!!
                  Last edited by RealmOfX; 22 April 2006, 05:31 AM.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                    Bump

Yay - 300!!
                    Congrats on youu 300th post
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hi guys just thought I'd pop by and say hello! I'd just like to add my 2 cents if I may:

I think that Sam as a character is fab but Amanda as a person is just amazing beyond words! I met her six months ago and she's a) gorgeous! b) one of the kindest people on the planet and c) sooooo much better than Vala/Claudia will ever be! (BTW I'm not saying I hate Claudia, I've never met her and know nothing about her but from what I've seen on SG-1 her character bugs the hell outta me!)

I may be slightly biased (see below) but you can't get better than Sam or Amanda. Period.

(long story short: I was thinking of cutting my hair short as I have very long, curly, dark brown hair and I have done all my life but people I know keep begging me not to. When I met Amanda she told me, with no provocation I hasten to add, that she loved my hair and that she'd always wanted hair like mine. Suffice it to say I'm leaving it as it is - who cares about Kate Moss? I'd much rather take style advice from the lovely Amanda Tapping who, IMO, is much prettier than Kate or Halle or any other Hollywood A-lister you'd care to mention. Ok so that was my random, obsessive fan-girl moment over with, I'll leave now!)
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                        Hi guys just thought I'd pop by and say hello! I'd just like to add my 2 cents if I may:

I think that Sam as a character is fab but Amanda as a person is just amazing beyond words! I met her six months ago and she's a) gorgeous! b) one of the kindest people on the planet and c) sooooo much better than Vala/Claudia will ever be! (BTW I'm not saying I hate Claudia, I've never met her and know nothing about her but from what I've seen on SG-1 her character bugs the hell outta me!)

I may be slightly biased (see below) but you can't get better than Sam or Amanda. Period.

(long story short: I was thinking of cutting my hair short as I have very long, curly, dark brown hair and I have done all my life but people I know keep begging me not to. When I met Amanda she told me, with no provocation I hasten to add, that she loved my hair and that she'd always wanted hair like mine. Suffice it to say I'm leaving it as it is - who cares about Kate Moss? I'd much rather take style advice from the lovely Amanda Tapping who, IMO, is much prettier than Kate or Halle or any other Hollywood A-lister you'd care to mention. Ok so that was my random, obsessive fan-girl moment over with, I'll leave now!)
                        Add away and welcome

I must say that a) I'm jealous, b) I'm sooooo jealous and c) you are absolutely right in your comparisons
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Never been in here before but as a Sam/AT fan I thought I would post about my 7 yr old grandaughter--who will only waer her hair like Sams.
                          All 4 kids love Stargate 1-8 and every Friday they come over and we break out the DVD's.

The 7 yr old just loves Sam and is the only one out of 3 girls that doesnt have long hair because it has to be like Sams

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                            Never been in here before but as a Sam/AT fan I thought I would post about my 7 yr old grandaughter--who will only waer her hair like Sams.
                            All 4 kids love Stargate 1-8 and every Friday they come over and we break out the DVD's.

The 7 yr old just loves Sam and is the only one out of 3 girls that doesnt have long hair because it has to be like Sams
                            OMG that is just too cute! And, of course, I would totally do the same if I had blonde hair

Hey, maybe it's a new trend. Instead of 'The Rachel' we could have a generation of people asking for 'the Carter' instead!
                            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

That is way too cute!!!! Sam does have great hair!!

Comment

Hehehe, that's so cute, a new generation of little Sam's running around, maybe they will take over the world! (not a bad idea if I do say so myself )

and welcome to the best Sam/Amanda thread!
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X