Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Okay, that I icon is just SO WRONG! (LMAO)
    Sam's lil clone -->
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      Sam's lil clone -->
      So wrong... so wrong...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        So wrong... so wrong...
        They grow up very fast
        scarimor

Comment

Ya know, I was going to post a pithy reply consisting only of a Carter quote from Nightwalkers (mmm...Nightwalkers!Sam), but I found something odd. Is this what Carter really said?
          JONAS: Which can be used to create human clones. What if the man from the restaurant doesn't remember because the man in the bar wasn't really him? He was a clone.

CARTER: No, no, no, Jonas. You can create replicas of fully grown people. They'd be infants.

Unless I'm not firing right, that doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            Ya know, I was going to post a pithy reply consisting only of a Carter quote from Nightwalkers (mmm...Nightwalkers!Sam), but I found something odd. Is this what Carter really said?
            JONAS: Which can be used to create human clones. What if the man from the restaurant doesn't remember because the man in the bar wasn't really him? He was a clone.

CARTER: No, no, no, Jonas. You can create replicas of fully grown people. They'd be infants.

Unless I'm not firing right, that doesn't make any sense.
            can create replicas or can't create replicas?

(and yeah, Nightwalkers!Sam = awesome)
            scarimor

Comment

i'm thinking it's more along the line of a typo

you CAN'T create replicas of fully grown people, they have to be babies

basically you can clone a person, then implant that fetus/zygot into a human, have it born then it grows up

you can't grow adults, only embryos
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, scarimor and Skydiver, that's what I thought/remembered. All of the transcripts say 'can'; which indicates, I suppose, that they're all from the same transcriber or they all copied bad closed-captioning or something.... You'd think, however, that someone would actually READ what they've transcribed. (not that i'm not grateful for the resource!!)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Originally posted by majorsal
                  hailey thinking - "i wonder if i should tell major carter that she has a 'kick me' patch on her back?... naw, since *i* put it there.... "

sally
                  :snicker: :snicker:

I was gonna say that! Hailey looks like she's glaring a death ray at Sam.
                  ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    lol! Do they keep themselves amused while you're out?

And can they do the cell division without meiosis thing while they're at it?

lalalalala...lotsa Sams...lotsa lil Sams.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?

Second page????

No one sticks Sam on the second page!!

Oh and a little note to those who have heard me talk about my daughter's favorite cuss word...
                      Sam actually says 'What the?!?!' in the Broca Divide. It makes me giggle everytime I hear it now.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 April 2006, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        :

AT: The hairstylist quit?!?! Forcryingoutloud! (what? it's one word!)

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Short crop (late season 4 through 6) or the shaggy 'I just got out of bed, and I'm about to kick your arse' through season 7 look
                          I think I have to agree with AD. Those are my favorite looks for Sam as well. I think season 2 and the beginning of season 4 are my least favorite. Probably because I think AT's best features are her eyes and her smile and when it's really long like that it detracts from her eyes. But as everyone has said Amanda looks great with just about any haircut. If only she had as much luck on the show with wigs. TBTGOG was the best wig I think and the one in New Order was ok, but I really hated the wig they used in POV. I think the hair extensions AT wore right before season 8 were really lovely. It's too bad they didn't use them for the filming of New Order.
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 April 2006, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I think the hair extensions AT wore right before season 8 were really lovely. It's too bad they couldn't have used them for the filming of New Order.
                            What's this? Do tell! Wait, is there a behind-the-scenes featurette where she's wearing them? I remember some something or other happening where I was really confused about the length of AT's hair from one minute to the next. (doh.)

(Look, scarimor! AT's hair is parted/swooshed on the right in Kat's avatar.)

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              Yes, scarimor and Skydiver, that's what I thought/remembered. All of the transcripts say 'can'; which indicates, I suppose, that they're all from the same transcriber or they all copied bad closed-captioning or something.... You'd think, however, that someone would actually READ what they've transcribed. (not that i'm not grateful for the resource!!)
                              Which is probably true. I've read a lot of transcripts that were not transcribed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Yes, ya damn fur'ner. from Wiki's disambiguation page: 'poof: as a term for something fluffy' -- which is not exactly right, because i've never heard anyone use poof without the -y that way. it's like 'puffy' but... sounds better.
                                I found another spelling and definition at http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/p/p0485900.html

pouf n.

1. A woman's hairstyle popular in the 18th century, characterized by high rolled puffs.
                                2. A part of a garment, such as a dress, that is gathered into a puff.
                                3. A rounded ottoman.

[French, from Old French, interjection used for a fall, of imitative origin.] pouffy adj.

So much for my first thought that this came from the 1950's-60's with the teased hair and pouffy skirts.

I prefer the really short hair myself. I'd post my favourite except all of my images and fiction are in a lot of unnamed directories after recovery from a computer crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X