Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Oooo, I liked this part.

Now "SG-1" has reached yet another stage of life with Browder and Black in the mix -- and, perhaps, Anderson returning part-time at some point. (He stressed that was up to the producers and MGM.)
    maybe we need to write mgm, et al

Please bring back rick
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Thanks for the info - interesting that it did not even break into the Top 10 for sci-fi that week and the lowest rating posted for the Top 10 was a 0.9 IIRC - wonder if "THEY" are getting it yet. Again, IIRC, the repeats usually made the Top 10 in past seasons and had ratings better than 0.8s - the repeats of S9 seem to be doing quite dismally as I have been sort of tracking this out of morbid curiousity. Wonder how the repeat ratings, coupled witht he less than stellar first run airings, will affect the syndication package that stations are willing to pay.
      If you were running a TV station, would you be willing to pay a lot for a show if you didn't expect it to attract many viewers?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i do think that you're right. I think rda had a LOT more input in the show than folks were aware of...and his presence has been sorely missed
        RDA and Michael Greenburg (and Brad Wright) understood what made the show successful. Some of the people who became showrunners later didn't learn their lessons as well. They took the fan base for granted and thought we'd accept anything they promoted hard enough. They were just wrong.

Maybe they don't take the legacy of the show that seriously, but the longtime fan base does. We have memorized the formula, and we expect it, and a key ingredient was missing in S9: RDA and the sensibilities Gekko gave to the show.

The results showed in the S9 ratings. It really got out of hand last fall when RCC said he didn't know how to use AT. But I think everyone has learned their lessons now...at least, I hope they have.

Did anyone else notice in the CTV story, how meekly RCC looked sitting next to RDA during Rick's interview? It was as if he realized the spark had returned to the show, and it had nothing to do with all of his new ideas.....

Comment

we can only hope.

and y eah, brad and the boys do have the talent to make things that really fit my personal taste.

he's got the touch. brad knows how to balance character bits with action and sacrifice neither
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            The Engaged to Kill commercial:

Amanda is on screen for less than a second (literally) and gets one line of dialogue: "I ran a background check on him."

Whoa! I've missed something! What is Engaged to Kill.....and where can I see it?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              It really got out of hand last fall when RCC said he didn't know how to use AT.
              If he didn't know how to handle one of the best characters ever to grace a TV show, he should have asked for help or advice from somebody who did.

But I think everyone has learned their lessons now...at least, I hope they have.
              I hope so.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

RDA and Michael Greenburg (and Brad Wright) understood what made the show successful. Some of the people who became showrunners later didn't learn their lessons as well. They took the fan base for granted and thought we'd accept anything they promoted hard enough. They were just wrong.

Maybe they don't take the legacy of the show that seriously, but the longtime fan base does. We have memorized the formula, and we expect it, and a key ingredient was missing in S9: RDA and the sensibilities Gekko gave to the show.

The results showed in the S9 ratings. It really got out of hand last fall when RCC said he didn't know how to use AT. But I think everyone has learned their lessons now...at least, I hope they have.

Did anyone else notice in the CTV story, how meekly RCC looked sitting next to RDA during Rick's interview? It was as if he realized the spark had returned to the show, and it had nothing to do with all of his new ideas.....

I hope they've learned their lesson as well.

Shallow note: I really like AT's hair in your sig---I think I'm going to like her hairstyle for season 10. I've liked all her hairstyles---she looks great with any of them, and this one is looking mighty fine.

Such a nice pic of RDA and AT. Nice to see them together.

Comment

Just musing out loud to myself here - wonder if cooper and his merry band of knuckleheads will get word on the $16,000 bid - let's see who's popular on Stargate SG1 - hhmmm - I guess it's kind of hard to figure THAT out if your head is . . .
                  Excellent point, binkpmmc!

Comment

Thanks for the info - interesting that it did not even break into the Top 10 for sci-fi that week and the lowest rating posted for the Top 10 was a 0.9 IIRC - wonder if "THEY" are getting it yet. Again, IIRC, the repeats usually made the Top 10 in past seasons and had ratings better than 0.8s - the repeats of S9 seem to be doing quite dismally as I have been sort of tracking this out of morbid curiousity. Wonder how the repeat ratings, coupled with the less than stellar ratings for the first run airings, will affect the syndication package that stations are willing to pay.
                    Well its funny (not funny ha ha ) our station that shows the newest episodes (all new) on thursdays nights, have been showing S8 instead of S9 reruns
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You know, I've only been watching since August, and I know that it's just not the same since RDA left. And how could RCC not know how to use AT? How could he even say that? She's like the most amazing actress ever playing the coolest character! Oh, I think they need fan advisors or something, because sometimes they just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        If he didn't know how to handle one of the best characters ever to grace a TV show, he should have asked for help or advice from somebody who did.
                        Or maybe sought some career advice.....

Comment

Nicely said SG-1 -- let's hope they have learned several lessons in S9 and let's hope that the fact that Brad Wright is having more to say about SG1 recently is indicative of changes that are already in motion. As cynical as I am, and as much as I find cooper, and his attitude, truly distasteful, I really do not think they will change much of anything that is inherently wrong -- the leadership debacle and treatment of Sam Carter's character first and foremost in my opinion -- they will once again pimp and promote certain things to death in the vain attempt to lead what they see as lemmings to the show and hope that the fans are dumb enough to accept the crapfest that will be S10. If they do change it for the better I will be the first one to stand up and admit I was wrong - I am not holding my breath though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            sg-1fanintn is that a new pic of AT and RDA in your sig?
                            Yes, it's a scrub of a screencap from the CTV story on the show's 200th ep birthday party. It cleaned up fairly well.....

Nighty-night, Samanda!
                            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 20 April 2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Or maybe sought some career advice.....
                              or voluntarily stepped down as showrunner the way that Steven Bochco did after he was brought in by the network suits and ruined Commander in Chief (at least Bochco had the good sense to realize he was hurting the show and if a guy, who is absolutely HUGE in network TV, can admit he was not cut out to be showrunner of that show a knucklehead like cooper should also be able to realize - then again the arrogance factor plays a real role with cooper so I am not surprised. cooper would be wise to take lessons from major network movers and shakers like J.J. Abrams and Bochco who are willing to admit mistakes -- and these are guys that deal in huge network stuff with 3, 4, 5 times as many viewers as Stargate). The Bochco debacle at CiC at least makes me realize that network suits all over the place think they know what is going on and they don't and at least it's not just the idiot suits at sony/skiffy that screw up a good thing. I have to give Bochco credit for having the cajones to step down as showrunner at CiC even though it was the network suits that brought him in - too bad TIIC at Bridge don't have the same set of cajones.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                we can only hope.

and y eah, brad and the boys do have the talent to make things that really fit my personal taste.

he's got the touch. brad knows how to balance character bits with action and sacrifice neither
                                That's his gift.....and with RDA back for some eps, plus Brad working on the show again some, I bet S10 will be much more to our liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X