Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    I agree. I just hope it's not the last year of Stargate! I just got into it last year, and I want more, even if we have to allow new characters in. We need more Sam! After all, she's a great character!
    Great to see a newer viewer who loves Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Can someone get a recording of this? BOTH the commercial and the movie itself?
      I would but I'm not so technically inclined. Um I have vcr and no way(or idea) of how to connect it to my PC
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I don't think we've ever seen Sam, even as an officer in the USAF, do anything in cold blood. She may have had to do some pretty nasty things in her past, but there has always been an emotional reaction from Sam. In fact, I don't really think any of the characters could be considered cold-blooded, because in most cases they show some type of emotion afterwards. I think the most cold-blooded( emotionless ) scenes I have seen over the past ten years have involved Jack and Teal'c, but I would expect them both to be harder and less emotional given the types of things they have been asked to do.

Like I believe Jack was cold-blooded when he closed the iris on Alar in The Other Side. He knew Alar would die and he showed absolutely no remorse or guilt for his actions. That to me was an amazingly powerful scene between Jack and Sam. If I remember correctly, the scene had originally been written with Sam/Jack talking after the iris closes, but RDA thought it was better with just the two of them looking at one another. Which I think was much more emotionally unsettling, because Jack did come across as cold-blooded and Sam looked completely aghast by what had just transpired.
        I think we're missing RDA's instincts this last season. I read (I think in one of the Thomasina Gibson books) that at one point RDA drew the line on Siler in bed in the infirmary with the big wrench. It was just taking the joke too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          but i noticed while sam looked agast...she didn't contradict his orders. She could have. But she kept silent and, in that silence, was complicit in it.

I've always thought that, while she didn't care for alar's death, she didn't support what he was doing either. And, in hindsight, could probably see the dangers of him being allowed to exist on earth.
          yes. It was reminiscent of the question of the morality of using Nazi rocket scientists in our (US) space/defense program after World War II. See that episode was fairly thought provoking & still had nice explosions. It can be done.

Comment

There's a new thread for voting for the greatest character. Sam needs votes.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=1#post5184194

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              I think we're missing RDA's instincts this last season. I read (I think in one of the Thomasina Gibson books) that at one point RDA drew the line on Siler in bed in the infirmary with the big wrench. It was just taking the joke too far.
              i do think that you're right. I think rda had a LOT more input in the show than folks were aware of...and his presence has been sorely missed
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                So it was RDA keeping "the bad comedy hour" in check. Boy do I miss RDA's input

*if you need me, I'll be in my controls watching the reps I have of Sam and Jack on top of each other *
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Season 3 voting: I voted for Foothold but there are some great Sam moments in other episodes. Working my way through S3, I'm up to Learning Curve. I love Sam and Merrin's interactions.

Comment

The Engaged to Kill commercial:

Amanda is on screen for less than a second (literally) and gets one line of dialogue: "I ran a background check on him."

Comment

i voted for foothold too. i thought it was a great sam episode

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Remeber is S8 when Sam said to Jack 'but Sir you do have a desk'
                        Well I've finally found a pic of Jack's desk

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Spoiler:
                          lol

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Spoiler:
                            Very nice.

I'd say that Jack uses his hatred of paperwork as a distraction - if everybody thinks that he hates his office and avoids it at all costs, nobody will ever think to look for him there.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...CassieDawg.jpg

Doggone, I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday, deepspace!

Comment

Working...
                                X