No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a rec for a WIP fic which is about what happened to Replicarter. I know the author doesn't like to pimp her own work, so I'm going to do it . It's a fabulous fic, well written, good story (it follows events after the episodes Reckoning parts 1&2 ), great characterisation. While it's not finished yet (there are five chapters so far) I still think Samandans would enjoy reading what's been written so far .

A Life Less Ordinary

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Oooh ooh.. can I be an evil henchperson too??? [wants to be in badfic]

Originally posted by minigeek
      Yes, and I have at least one henchman already! I'm moooovin' up in the world! Woot!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the clip link TJ (I think it was you) awesome to see some of the media coverage on the 200th

I agree on the supplied footage being apallingly focused on the new faces though. But then if you read other articles apparently the show is bigger in the UK and many other places than it is in Canada.. so the average Candian is probably quite clueless (ducks objects thrown by resident canadians). That point actually makes that focus worse, given none of the new faces are actually Canadian actors... surprising really that they would undermine their own "we're a Canadian show" rah rah rah thing... but that would require some actual forwarding planning and continuity now wouldn't it.

However I did like the shot of RDA with Amanda, and whoever (wood or wright, can't remember which) was talking about Stargate 400 with Carter on the walker and Teal'c in a wheel chair. Hell yeah.. bring that on!!

I bet the politics around there is a game unto itself these days... lol

And I wanna see whatever interview AT was doing as they pulled back in the last shots there
        sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, deepspace!

Happy Birthday, Carson's Girl!

Hope you guys treated yourselves to some hearty b-day cake and some niiiiice me-time.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
            Thanks for the clip link TJ (I think it was you) awesome to see some of the media coverage on the 200th

I agree on the supplied footage being apallingly focused on the new faces though. But then if you read other articles apparently the show is bigger in the UK and many other places than it is in Canada.. so the average Candian is probably quite clueless (ducks objects thrown by resident canadians). That point actually makes that focus worse, given none of the new faces are actually Canadian actors... surprising really that they would undermine their own "we're a Canadian show" rah rah rah thing... but that would require some actual forwarding planning and continuity now wouldn't it.

However I did like the shot of RDA with Amanda, and whoever (wood or wright, can't remember which) was talking about Stargate 400 with Carter on the walker and Teal'c in a wheel chair. Hell yeah.. bring that on!!

I bet the politics around there is a game unto itself these days... lol

And I wanna see whatever interview AT was doing as they pulled back in the last shots there
            Just had to say, "Ditto!" on all of what you said - specifically your last two comments. Years from now, perhaps, we'll know what it was all about.

As for the interview with AT, shyeah... That'll take some major sleuthing on all of our parts, I think, but someone will find it. Soon, I hope! It'd be nice if some American media outlets got some footage.

Comment

Cool clip...

I think the reason why it focused on RDA and Beau etc is because everyone else was off doing other interviews that are probably more then just an asside on a news program (?).

Ya know, they all did look pretty busy with the media.
              Last edited by Deevil; 19 April 2006, 10:57 PM.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                Maybe Teal'c is a shipper and swiped the zat from the Goa'uld posing as Cupid.
                Teal'c is blameless!
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i think if sam saw jack, daniel, and teal'c being tortured horribly, she could easily act and kill the abusers to make it stop. BUT... i think if she saw something horrible happening to a child (cassie), she could kill in cold blood. i'm not really thinking planning the death, just her losing it for a moment and killing the monster.
                  That's not killing in "cold blood" then, that's a hot-blooded killing. A calculated, pre-meditated killing is "cold blood", e.g. planning an assassination and carrying it out, or shooting a shop-keeper to rob him. "Losing it for a moment" implies passion. And I agree, Sam could do that, even if it wasn't necessary.

Sam kills in cold blood when she shoots a bad guy while on a mission out of necessity. She's trained to.
                  scarimor

Comment

killing in cold blood is usually a non-necessary killing

such as....sam would have killed ba'al in cold blood if, after his assistance in Reckoning, she calmly walked up to him and shot him in the head, without provocation or reason
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A friendly reminder

vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote

vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote

vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote

vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote
                      vote

for the best sam eps of s3

and i will only count votes pm'd or e-mailed to me

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I wouldn't say it would necessarily be cold-blooded if she were to kill a bad guy. Thats more of a kill or be killed situation.
                        The dictionary definition (according to answers.com :O)
                        1. Lacking feeling or emotion: a cold-blooded killer.
                        2. Executed without feeling or emotion: a cold-blooded crime; a cold-blooded performance of the concerto.

Comment

anyone in the mood to vote in a poll

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27690

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Hmm, I wouldn't say it would necessarily be cold-blooded if she were to kill a bad guy. Thats more of a kill or be killed situation.
                            The dictionary definition (according to answers.com :O)
                            1. Lacking feeling or emotion: a cold-blooded killer.
                            2. Executed without feeling or emotion: a cold-blooded crime; a cold-blooded performance of the concerto.
                            yes, ba'al is a bad guy....but just because he's been a villian in the past doesn't mean that he deserves to die. especially if he was there under a flag of truce

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              from that article - http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...4d148b5&k=3970 - here's a couple of quotes from it.

"Eeeaasy," chimes in either Richard Dean Anderson, a long-time original cast member who now reprises Colonel Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill only sparingly, or Christopher Judge, the cast's resident cut-up, who plays Teal'c.

(and)

"Ultimately, it's the chemistry," says Amanda Tapping, who plays Major Samantha Carter. "It's the tapestry woven by our writers, that's so rich. And I think it translates on screen. Fans dig it."

so, uh.... what's that?

sally
                              Thank you for posting this. And how hard would it have been for them to find out that sam isnt a major anymore?

sig by starlover1990

Comment

it's usually sadly humorous when non-fans write stuff

rda was on a rather painful episode of regis and kelly a couple of years ago...and they didn't know jack abuot the show either.

kinda sad

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X