Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Holy cow! Heck, if someone out there is willing to pay it, and it's going to charity -- all the power to them. Yeah, I have about twenty bucks to my name right now, which might cover the used napkin left on the table after lunch is over. That's awesome news, though!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        thanks TJ for the link
        the other one's weren't working for me. Although why were they showing more of BB,CB and BB(Beau), they weren't there for 10 years?
        They want to showcase their new characters, never mind it's at the expense of their longterm actors. You would think they would showcase the Canadians.

ETA: And of course the fact that RDA is back for a bit. Not that I mind!

Did you notice all the screen footage provided by Bridge was Mitchell?

Suse
        Last edited by suse; 19 April 2006, 07:53 PM.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
          They want to showcase their new characters, never mind it's at the expense of their longterm actors. You would think they would showcase the Canadians.

Suse
          Too much Mitchell...not enough originals who have been on all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by suse

Suse
            They didn't seem to know anything about the show, so they wouldn't know who the Canadians were. And yes it was apalling the footage they were given to show.

If they actually knew the show, they might wonder why the originals are being ignored.

Where's Pierre Bernard when you need him
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Now where are all those big money making sci-fi geeks that watch the show?

In our final hours, Geeks will Rule the World.
              Well, you know, I thought about it. But what with the price of fuel these days and my private jet being used alllll the time, not to mention the small tropical island I just had to buy last month ... and well, I just couldn't justify the added expense.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

You know Sally we could use over in the BJC to help write the bad fic, minigeeks gone all evil, Jack's thinking about triplets (won't mention who they are ) and Sky has had her pipes cleaned by Teal'c
                Yes, and I have at least one henchman already! I'm moooovin' up in the world! Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                  Holy cow! Heck, if someone out there is willing to pay it, and it's going to charity -- all the power to them. Yeah, I have about twenty bucks to my name right now, which might cover the used napkin left on the table after lunch is over. That's awesome news, though!
                  HEY. Now wait a second. Lets not get all jump to conclusion-y. We do not even know that the high bidder isn't AT's MOM, now do we?

mg (d'oh! was i supposed to keep quiet about that?!)

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Welcome back little page! do you have the jitters from Samanda withdrawal?
                    Lol, yes. It's not been much fun to have the internet down for so long, and over the Easter holidays too .
                    And thankyou NC for the traditional Samandan birthday cake . 'Twas my 19th yesterday.
                    And Happy Birthday to Carson's Girl also! I must remember to add you to the thread's birthday list . I hope you had a great day.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Sell your body to RDA then you won't have to bid

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

from that article - http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...4d148b5&k=3970 - here's a couple of quotes from it.

"Eeeaasy," chimes in either Richard Dean Anderson, a long-time original cast member who now reprises Colonel Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill only sparingly, or Christopher Judge, the cast's resident cut-up, who plays Teal'c.

(and)

"Ultimately, it's the chemistry," says Amanda Tapping, who plays Major Samantha Carter. "It's the tapestry woven by our writers, that's so rich. And I think it translates on screen. Fans dig it."

so, uh.... what's that?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          from that article - http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...4d148b5&k=3970 - here's a couple of quotes from it.

"Eeeaasy," chimes in either Richard Dean Anderson, a long-time original cast member who now reprises Colonel Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill only sparingly, or Christopher Judge, the cast's resident cut-up, who plays Teal'c.

(and)

"Ultimately, it's the chemistry," says Amanda Tapping, who plays Major Samantha Carter. "It's the tapestry woven by our writers, that's so rich. And I think it translates on screen. Fans dig it."

so, uh.... what's that?

sally
                          THAT means we should be writing the articles, not them.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                            THAT means we should be writing the articles, not them.
                            Bahahaha! Seriously... some journalists really make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

(and)

so, uh.... what's that?

sally
                              It means that most of the people who will be reporting about Stargate's record breaking season this year have probably never watched an episode. In the article they stated that Sam was a Major, and RDA was reprising his role as Colonel Jack O'Neill; and I believe in the news clip they called them intergalatic time travelers. While I will admit they have gone back in time several times over the course of the decade, I seriously doubt any true fan would consider them time travelers. Perhaps the news media should do a bit more research before they go to print or make comments on the air, or at the very least talk to someone who has actually watched the show.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 19 April 2006, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                It means that most of the people who will be reporting about Stargate's record breaking season this year have probably never watched an episode. In the article they stated that Sam was a Major, and RDA was reprising his role as Colonel Jack O'Neill; and I believe in the news clip they called them intergalatic time travelers. While I will admit they have gone back in time several times over the course of the decade, I seriously doubt any true fan would consider them time travelers. Perhaps the news media should do a bit more research before they go to print or make comments on the air, or at the very least talk to someone who has actually watched the show.
                                Honestly... Is it so hard to fact-check stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X