Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    Too bad we aren't allowed to make a "pooled" bid, then we could all go.....now that would be some breakfast.
    Yeah. But then you'd have to choose two people. Or raffle it off or something. I think the QA section had someone ask that and they said the winning bidder could bring only one other person with them. D'oh.

Even so, if people did want to see how big they could get a pool up to, there's still ten days or so, so a lot of time left to check that out.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hello people! I've been hanging at out the Jack/Sam shipper family thread, but I thought I'd drop in over here. I think Sam is an awesome character and a great role model. She's strong, intelligent, beautiful, funny, sweet...basically what I wish I could be. I hope for more Sam for years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Hello people! I've been hanging at out the Jack/Sam shipper family thread, but I thought I'd drop in over here. I think Sam is an awesome character and a great role model. She's strong, intelligent, beautiful, funny, sweet...basically what I wish I could be. I hope for more Sam for years to come!
        Welcome to the thread I hope you'll have fun here and find out that this is where shippers and non shippers get along in their appreciation of Sam
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          This screams volumes, dontchathink?

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance

Current Bid: $15,000.00

Just...WOW.

Go AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be feeling pretty good about myself. Seriously, someone's going to pay 15K to eat with me...and RDA of course!

Comment

Congrats to Amanda and the entire cast and crew for filming their 200th episode! What an amazing accomplishment!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              Congrats to Amanda and the entire cast and crew for filming their 200th episode! What an amazing accomplishment!
              I was just watching the news bit on the 200th episode, looks exciting. Though when they said "intergalactic time travellers" I wondered if they had actually watched the show. Unless that's some sort of spoiler for 200.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                astro's idea brings up a storythat i read last week or so...and i posted a link here

basically it was that, in a dream, teal'c saw that sam would be there at his death, and that it would be in battle. so he asked something horrible of her. and she agreed, of course believing that the day would never come to pass

it did and how it ends is
                Spoiler:
                teal'c was fatally injured, wanted to die like his father did, with a crushed symbiote, and that's what he asked of her, to crush his symbiote and let him die...and she did. And jack and daniel didn't nkow about the promise at the time, so they're angry with sam until daniel remembers the night teal'c had the dream

I know a lot of folks make sam as the 'weaker' emotional one...but i think she has a backbone of steel and the ability to do what the others might not be able to do.

i've never considered sam the weak one of the group. she's been my hero since season 1.

i've thought before of what would make sam snap and react to something before thinking it through. like, say, in the heat of battle, or seeing something so vile... i came up with an idea, very close to what amanda said about being able to kill, now that she's a mom.

i think if sam saw jack, daniel, and teal'c being tortured horribly, she could easily act and kill the abusers to make it stop. BUT... i think if she saw something horrible happening to a child (cassie), she could kill in cold blood. i'm not really thinking planning the death, just her losing it for a moment and killing the monster.

i think it's a side of all of us, just all of us have different buttons that have to be pushed to reach that dark place. i think sam's would be violence against a child.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  I just took a look at the auction bids
                  https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
                  if i had the money, i'd be bidding on this until i won!!

and doesn't it say something that these two ppl are bringing in this amount of bidding...

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Excellent post Sal, and I think you're 100% right, I think many people who consider themselves non violent could be pushed to kill in that situation, myself included.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Excellent post Sal, and I think you're 100% right, I think many people who consider themselves non violent could be pushed to kill in that situation, myself included.
                      I think I'd get violent, but I don't think I could kill. I can't defend myself, let alone someone else.

Comment

Have you seen this yet?

The Royal Reporter brings you yesterday's 200th episode party!

Read the article (posted on GW this evening) at: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...efor200t.shtml

Comment

there is also the fact that there is no greater act of love than to let someone go.

now i'm not meaning to or wanting to start a discussion on euthanasia, but, having watched more than one person die, sometimes the greatest act of love is to let someone go
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In the S/J Ship Family Discussion Thread there's a link by waterfall- post #28034 with a link for the shows 200th. That's on CTV.

If you can't access it there's another post by sueKay #28038.

here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...39#post5180539

Comment

The link for those who would rather die than set foot in a ship thread is

http://www4.mediaontap.com/players/ctvbc/player.html

Courtesy of AmberMoon, who sent it me via MSN.

Edit:You need to click on Tuesday and fast forward to about 52 minutes in. It's just after the break
                              Last edited by Tracy Jane; 19 April 2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Woot! Looks like it might make 20K after all. WOWZERS.
                                I think it's great that Amanda and RDA can attract this kind of reaction from fans. I don't doubt it will be very close to 20K by the time the auction ends. We've heard of fans who have paid $10K to kiss RDA and fans who have paid $7500.00 to dine with Amanda, so I could totally see someone paying 20K to get a tour of the Stargate set and have lunch with RDA & Amanda. This is like a once in lifetime opportunity for any die-hard Stargate fan. Yes, it's event that only the richest of fans will ever experience, but it's still an amazing chance none the less. I really admire RDA and Amanda ( and the other actors who donated their time ) for doing this for the charity because it's obvious they are helping a great deal in raising awareness and money for a very good cause.

Honestly if didn't have two other trips already planned this year, I probably would have had a very difficult time not bidding for this chance. I know some see it as buying a moment with a celebrity, but I see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. This may in fact be the last year for Stargate SG-1. This is a huge year for the franchise and just being allowed the opportunity to watch an episode being filmed would be thrilling in my opinion, so sitting down to chat with two of my favorite actors/characters for the past decade would just be the icing on the cake. I'm sure I'm not the only one who secretly wishes they were the winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X