• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This screams volumes, dontchathink?

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance

Current Bid: $15,000.00

Just...WOW.

Go AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        This screams volumes, dontchathink?

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance

Current Bid: $15,000.00

Just...WOW.

Go AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!

OMG

And with what, 9/10 days to go, it might be 25K.

Not bad

ETA: Not bad for two 24k actors.
        Last edited by LaCroix; 19 April 2006, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure about this date, but if not, I apologize, royal page.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            OMG

Not bad
            It's really sweet of Amanda and RDA to volunteer their time like that.

24k?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

24k is the highest rated in gold metal. I think 10k is the lowest.

Comment

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Comment

In parts of Europe, 9k is also used.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Here's an idea for an episode that's been rattling around in my head:

Daniel (and perhaps others such as Vala, Cam, Teal'c) is a prisoner of a nasty evil bad-guy (insert Goa'uld or other such bad guy, perhaps a new one to our known Stargate universe). Jack insists on leading the rescue mission. Said rescue mission requires the manpower of several SG teams. Jack is the field coordinator/general - but he doesn't go off and rescue Daniel all by himself. Coordinated actions by different teams at specific times is necessary. In a dramatic scene (perhaps best if not shown graphically), several of the bad guys are taken down by SG snipers. One of the bad guys taken down is the 'head bad guy' standing next to Daniel (evilly taunting and berating the shackled Jackson at the time). Daniel is stunned as the bad guys fall around him. SG team members swarm in, taking out the rest of the bad guys. Daniel's long time with SG-1 kicks in and he hits the dirt for cover as the firefight ensues around him.

Back at the SGC, the returning rescuers and rescued are seen hurriedly coming through the 'Gate. A few of the rescuers are injured, but none fatally.

And now, time for the angst:

Afterwards (maybe even the next day), in the infirmary, Daniel is laying in a bed and Carter comes to visit. Daniel is still shell-shocked by what happened (even after all he's seen over the years, he's still Daniel... and the 'military response' isn't what he generally feels warm and fuzzy about). Sam asks how he's doing. Daniel makes light of his physical injuries and then comments on watching the medical staff work on the other injured. Makes a comment about how he's grateful and all for what they did for him. And then his voice trails off and he goes on to admit that he doesn't know how 'these military guys can do it' (doesn't seem to remember for the moment that Sam's both military and not a guy)... and then he comments on how he keeps flashing on the visual image of the evil bad-guy's head being blown off (change of wording here would be necessary for the 8pm time slot)... and how he's sure that Jack was probably the shooter...

He confides in Sam because that's what Sam has always been for him - the one in their team who was both a scientist and a military officer. The one that he could go to to rant and vent about his frustrations with Jack when he applied the militaristic CO attitude too heavily for Daniel's liking (even if Daniel had to later admit that Jack had been right). Sam was a military officer who shared Daniel’s enthusiasm for science and exploration… and she was an officer who wasn’t hard or bitter yet. She didn’t shut him down when he wanted to talk about ‘why the military way had to be the right way’.

Daniel tells Sam that yes, he’s grateful for the rescue. Grateful for everyone who put their line on the life for him… But he’s not sure how he’s going to look at Jack when he can’t get the images of that guys head exploding.. and knowing that Jack pulled the trigger… There’s something about what you have to do in the heat of battle… and then there’s something different about the job of a sniper. The Black Ops side of Jack O’Neill that they rarely talk about, but that he knows is there.

Sometimes, Daniel can’t reconcile his own conceptions of what it takes to be someone of the proper psychological profile to be a sniper… with his perceptions of the man that he knows of as Jack O’Neill.

Sam is quiet while Daniel does most of the talking. Eventually he falls asleep.,. and Sam quietly leaves.

Days later and Jack, Teal’c and Cameron (and perhaps Vala) are visiting Daniel in the infirmary. Some banter is exchanged. Teal’c and the others depart, Jack lags behind… tells Daniel that it’s good to have him back- not sure how many more times he’d be able to come back from the dead and all…

Daniel screws up the courage (and to look past his own natural reactions) to thank Jack for taking the shot that took out the bad guy.

---------and here’s the twist, that I’m sure many of you have already seen coming --------

Jack looks surprised and tells Daniel that Jack wasn’t one of the snipers. There were 3 different ones actually… and it was (yup) Carter who took out the one closest to Daniel.

The mission called for 3 snipers, but there were only 2 available as they were setting things up. Carter was the next best qualified (excepting Jack, but he doesn’t point this out – he was better suited to leading and coordinating the entire mission real-time).

And so… Daniel is stunned to hear that Sam was one of the snipers.

And then he realizes what he’d said to her the other day….and realizes that she hasn’t been in since.

….

Sam in the meantime, has taken some time off. Landry OK’d it, as she hasn’t taken much time off since she’s returned to the SGC.

Where is she? Off on her motorcycle… trying to deal with her conflicting feelings. Doing her duty. Saving her friend’s life. With sighting on a man and then pulling the trigger. She hears Daniel’s words intermixed with her own.

----
                    Wow--this is good.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      If you have not been by the main page today go check out Kiwi's con pictures from Vancouver there are some really great ones of Amanda up.

First Page Amanda Pictures
                      Thanks for the link, tsax! I spotted you in one of those photos. Please forgive me, all, if this one has already been asked and answered (I'm trying to get caught up), but is anyone else we know in some of the pictures on pages 3 and 4?

Link to page 3: http://www.gateworld.net/fandom/conv...photos03.shtml

Comment

OMG

Not bad

Too bad we aren't allowed to make a "pooled" bid, then we could all go.....now that would be some breakfast.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          In parts of Europe, 9k is also used.

I did not know that. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            Well, I suppose this depends on whether you pesky J/S shippers are the ones with the dosh! What we gonna call this? The shippy dollar? The J/S pound? Bah humbug!

Now now, no need to get all maudlin about it.

I did notice that zat blast of Teal'c's doesn't seem to be affecting the two lovebirds one bit. Mwa ha ha. They're just zat immune, baby!

mg (yeah, that was bad, even for me )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Here's a pic of Sam explaining Asgard reproduction to Jack

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                I did notice that zat blast of Teal'c's doesn't seem to be affecting the two lovebirds one bit. Mwa ha ha. They're just zat immune, baby!
                                Maybe Teal'c is a shipper and swiped the zat from the Goa'uld posing as Cupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X