Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    I maybe wrong, but are we talking the hand held healing device? Or the ribbon device?

I know that the ribbon device can inflict pain or death apon a subject by the Gou'ald. Also in the movie, Ra used what was the first "ribbon" device, that was hand held.

I'm confused?
    Those are 2 different items, one heals and one kills, I'm sure the one that kills works much better with the emotion of hate
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
      I maybe wrong, but are we talking the hand held healing device? Or the ribbon device?

I know that the ribbon device can inflict pain or death apon a subject by the Gou'ald. Also in the movie, Ra used what was the first "ribbon" device, that was hand held.

I'm confused?
      Both. Sam's used both, but only successfully on Goa'uld.

While the healing device is used for healing and the ribbon device is generally used for hurting, I wonder if that's all they can be used for. We know from FIAD that the ribbon device can also be used for communicating thoughts and images. In a fic I had a Tok'Ra agent use the healing device to fuse a Jaffa's neck bones to the point of killing him. My reasoning was that just because a scaplel is associated with saving lives doesn't mean it can't be used to take a life.

Beyond the emotion factor, I wonder if it's possible that the hand devices both worked better for inexperienced Sam because they were being focused on a Goa'uld. Kinda like the recipients were actually facilitating the transfer of energy because they, too had naquadah or the protien marker or whatevertheheck it takes to make the devices work. Kinda like how electricity can arc to metal(the Goa'uld) but not to rubber(naquadah-free Daniel), ya know what I mean?
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Pffft! No ya don't. Yer irritated at me for my wanton, sarcastic, yet wholly unrepentant shipper innuendo. Straight up, darlin' ok? It's cool. I don't take offence to things like that, truly, so no worries. Sam's relationship with Jack (beyond the professional) doesn't float everyone's boat and I respect that totally. Heck I consider AD one of my bestest-online-Samandan buds, and he shudders at the thought of 'ship. Pretense ain't pretty, though. So I prefer it we're just honest - cool? I think we can do that and still be civil, since we're both happy Samandans and all.

So yeah, I look at this differently.

Riiight. I'm sure the person bidding hasn't even considered that angle of the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill character interrelationship dynamic. It probably hasn't influenced their desire to have lunch with the two actors together at all - not even a bit. *nod**smile*

We bein' real here?

mgeek

(If the person who ultimately wins this auction wasn't affected (in a positive way) by the Sam Carter / Jack O'Neill romantic UST angle of the series, I'll eat my toque, eh)

MMmmmmmmmm
        Fresh TOQUE...

-
        LOL. I actually have no problem with the 'ship between Jack and Sam. It may not be what I watch Stargate for [I don't watch for romance of any pairing], but it wouldn't upset me if it were handled well. I just don't think bidding on a lunch proves anything. But, I'll give you that some of the bidders, if not all, may have the relationship on their minds.

That's a toque, eh? Cool. Learn a new word every day and all that...

Comment

Happy Birthday
          Carson's Girl!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            Both. Sam's used both, but only successfully on Goa'uld.

While the healing device is used for healing and the ribbon device is generally used for hurting, I wonder if that's all they can be used for. We know from FIAD that the ribbon device can also be used for communicating thoughts and images. In a fic I had a Tok'Ra agent use the healing device to fuse a Jaffa's neck bones to the point of killing him. My reasoning was that just because a scaplel is associated with saving lives doesn't mean it can't be used to take a life.

Beyond the emotion factor, I wonder if it's possible that the hand devices both worked better for inexperienced Sam because they were being focused on a Goa'uld. Kinda like the recipients were actually facilitating the transfer of energy because they, too had naquadah or the protien marker or whatevertheheck it takes to make the devices work. Kinda like how electricity can arc to metal(the Goa'uld) but not to rubber(naquadah-free Daniel), ya know what I mean?

Got it now.

Comment

Riiight.
              mgeek

(If the person who ultimately wins this auction wasn't affected (in a positive way) by the Sam Carter / Jack O'Neill romantic UST angle of the series, I'll eat my toque, eh)

MMmmmmmmmm
              Fresh TOQUE...

-
              Don't worry Mini I think the toques are high in fiber
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Don't worry Mini I think the toques are high in fiber
                mini's lucky. Down in the South we call those types of caps toboggans. You see, we don't get snow all that often so what people call toboggans, we call sleds.

Crazy world we live in, huh?

I would love to have the finances to bid on that lunch. With my luck, I'd just giggle throughout the entire lunch, get a picture taken with RDA and Amanda and then kick myself for not asking thought-provoking questions!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                  Hi! It's funny how fast time goes by eh? Well today is my b-day and I just had to spend part of it here I think I shall watch some SG-1 and SGA eps. too. Of course, I do that everyday, but it's still like a present
                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Well, I suppose this depends on whether you pesky J/S shippers are the ones with the dosh! What we gonna call this? The shippy dollar? The J/S pound? Bah humbug!

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      mini's lucky. Down in the South we call those types of caps toboggans. You see, we don't get snow all that often so what people call toboggans, we call sleds.

Crazy world we live in, huh?

I would love to have the finances to bid on that lunch. With my luck, I'd just giggle throughout the entire lunch, get a picture taken with RDA and Amanda and then kick myself for not asking thought-provoking questions!
                      Not so crazy, we call them both toboggans and sleds (depends how tired you are ) And yes we are lucky to have toques, but not so lucky when the temp is way below zero and the arctic wind is blowing....

thinks *Spring is here, Spring is here, go to happy place, no more cold*
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

RANDOM SAM APPRECIATION MOMENT:

SAM: Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows hard...kinda nods...definitely nervous*

BREGMAN: So ... what are all these blinking lights about ... for example what are those lights over there.
                        SAM: Err well; this monitors the gates massive power consumption required for generating Outgoing wormholes.
                        BREGMAN: Uhm ...
                        SAM: Interestingly, in our study of off-world DHDs we found that our gate actually draws 10% more wattage than offworld gates, now that far exceeds any potential loss due to our manmade interface...

SAM (continued): We think it has to do with the way the superconductive crystals inside the gate absorb electrical energy, but we're also trying to demonstrate that the DHDs are some how producing a purer more efficient source of power.
                        *Pregnant Pause...Sam's all giddy and the crew is dumbstruck*

BREGMAN: Could we get a shot of the gate spinning?
                        SAM (pauses, clearly irked): Yeah...sure...it's really cool; STEAM comes out of it and everything.

Man this woman is fab.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Man this woman is fab.

Yeah. I thunk the geek, man.
                          scarimor

Comment

Hey Y'all how are y'all doing? I have something intresting to tell ya (well for every Sam fan who hates or can't stand Pete). Last Sunday I watched NCIS Miami, and who did I see? Michael Shanks.

Now Today a new episode of NCIS Miami aired, and who did I see? Pete, or yeah well the actor who plays Pete. The Team had to solve murder: Who Killed Pete? Yeah well the guy who is played by the actor who plays Pete. But if Pete was a real living character, and not "living" on our TV's or DVD's, the character has some of the same, bad well ideas, only worse.

I don't know the episode but hey at least Pete died, somehow, even if it isn't Pete but the characters name, Paul Sanders.

LOL When we see an actor / actrice in another show, we all say that chacters name were we first saw him lol.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                              My Sam sense is tingling... somewhere, someone is using technology incorrectly!
                              You know, the more I think about this, the funnier it becomes.

My LJ

Comment

Happy Birthday Carson's girl

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X