Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Wow, and if you look, the bid is at 12K for the lunch with AT and RDA now (about 10 days to go in the auction - it closes on the 28th, right?). The next highest bid is about $2K for lunch with JF from Atlantis. Which just goes to prove that Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill have absolutely ZERO visible chemistry together on SG-1. I mean, c'mon! None at all. It's not like anyone would ever care whether the two of them were in the same room together. There's no fanbase for those two guys as a pair. Not among the casual viewership and not abmong the non casual viewership. Who cares. Right?

While I applaud your enthusiasm, it doesn't really prove anything other than RDA and/or Amanda are popular and somebody has the money to pay to meet them. They could like one person and the other is a bonus or they could just like the show and a two-for-one deal is more tempting than lunch with just one person. Of course, for the amount of money, I would guess that the people bidding like RDA and Amanda and Stargate quite a lot. Whether they like the romantic aspect of their relationship isn't addressed at all.

However, your take is quite fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Does it? I'm not seeing it. But that might just be because I know what it's supposed to be.
      Yep. The avatar definitely looks like a roller coaster.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        While I applaud your enthusiasm
        Pffft! No ya don't. Yer irritated at me for my wanton, sarcastic, yet wholly unrepentant shipper innuendo. Straight up, darlin' ok? It's cool. I don't take offence to things like that, truly, so no worries. Sam's relationship with Jack (beyond the professional) doesn't float everyone's boat and I respect that totally. Heck I consider AD one of my bestest-online-Samandan buds, and he shudders at the thought of 'ship. Pretense ain't pretty, though. So I prefer it we're just honest - cool? I think we can do that and still be civil, since we're both happy Samandans and all.

So yeah, I look at this differently.

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        it doesn't really prove anything {snip} Whether they like the romantic aspect of their relationship isn't addressed at all.
        Riiight. I'm sure the person bidding hasn't even considered that angle of the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill character interrelationship dynamic. It probably hasn't influenced their desire to have lunch with the two actors together at all - not even a bit. *nod**smile*

We bein' real here?

mgeek

(If the person who ultimately wins this auction wasn't affected (in a positive way) by the Sam Carter / Jack O'Neill romantic UST angle of the series, I'll eat my toque, eh)

MMmmmmmmmm
        Fresh TOQUE...

-
        Last edited by minigeek; 19 April 2006, 08:39 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Well I was rather bored this evening so I figured I'd start a new little guessing game. We all know SciFi has been airing their little themed Stargate marathon every Monday, so I thougt I'd post a list of all the episodes they will be airing over the next few weeks so we can take our turn guessing what the themes will be.

Guess that theme:

Heroes I
          Heroes II
          Lost City I
          Lost City II
          Theme ?

Urgo
          Upgrades
          Wormhole X-treme
          The Other Guys
          Theme ?

The Enemy Within
          Hathor
          Entity
          Sight Unseen
          Theme ?

Cold Lazarus
          Crystal Skull
          Absolute Power
          Orpheus
          Theme ?

Nemesis
          Small Victories
          Redemption 1
          Redemption 2
          Theme ?
          Heroes/putting it all on the line
          Humor
          Not in control
          Out of body/mind experiences
          Jack saves the day
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Here's an idea for an episode that's been rattling around in my head:

----

and where does it go from there?

wow that's a great idea astro! I'm hoping this gets put into a fic!

Comment

Hi! It's funny how fast time goes by eh? Well today is my b-day and I just had to spend part of it here I think I shall watch some SG-1 and SGA eps. too. Of course, I do that everyday, but it's still like a present

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Caption This:

My Sam sense is tingling... somewhere, someone is using technology incorrectly!
              Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
              Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                Hi! It's funny how fast time goes by eh? Well today is my b-day and I just had to spend part of it here I think I shall watch some SG-1 and SGA eps. too. Of course, I do that everyday, but it's still like a present

*** Happy Birthday Carson's Girl! ***

Comment

Happy Birthday Carson's Girl!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                    Guess that makes sense. An increased exposure would likely lead to a greater build-up of naquadah. I kinda like how Sam is so unsure of herself when it comes to operating Gou'ald stuff. Her scene in "Meridian" when she attempted to heal Daniel was so touching and sad.
                    I don't know if this is a plausible plot point, but the only times Sam has successfully used the devices were on Goa'uld-ed people(Cronus and Seth), and from Sam's emotional perspective, they were persons she hated.

Now, Sam did say, in FIAD that as far as she knew the devices were controlled by or fed off emotions, and hatred is probably the most easy emotion to get energy from.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Happy Birthday, Carson's girl!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        astro's idea brings up a storythat i read last week or so...and i posted a link here

basically it was that, in a dream, teal'c saw that sam would be there at his death, and that it would be in battle. so he asked something horrible of her. and she agreed, of course believing that the day would never come to pass

it did and how it ends is
                        Spoiler:
                        teal'c was fatally injured, wanted to die like his father did, with a crushed symbiote, and that's what he asked of her, to crush his symbiote and let him die...and she did. And jack and daniel didn't nkow about the promise at the time, so they're angry with sam until daniel remembers the night teal'c had the dream
                        That was a powerful story. I wish it had gone a bit longer and described Sam and Daniel and Jack coming to terms with what she'd done - and, hopefully, respecting her for fulfilling that promise.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        I know a lot of folks make sam as the 'weaker' emotional one...but i think she has a backbone of steel and the ability to do what the others might not be able to do.

I think a lot of people don't realize just how thoroughly an education in science, let alone an education and experience as a military officer, can teach anyone, of either gender, to set their emotions aside when they have to - or even just want to. Or, how the strength of one's normal control can feed one's control under crisis to the point where entire life and death judgment calls can be made, executed, and literally thrust away and out of mind so thoroughly that they, and their results, do not impact the next decision. Later, all of it, including the general and personal fallout, has to be dealt with, emotionally speaking, but, in the moment, when it has to be that way - it doesn't even exist. Throw the switch. Move to the next control. Period.

And I think Sam can do that - I think Sam has done that. This is the woman who not only likes blowing up things, she's destroyed a sun, and killed an entire species, throughout an entire galaxy, after all.

I think it would make a powerful story to see Sam lead a successful and vicious no quarter assault, or make the decision that unleashes a weapon so powerful that Mitchell and/or Landry hesitate to use it, and then exhibit no more 'typically female emotionalism' than, say, Jack would have, in the aftermath. I think Sam could take out an entire Ori fleet, by manipulating the functionality of the SuperGate, or whatever, and remain coolly composed, even when reminded of the number of people she'd just killed - and I think that might just shock and appall her co-leader and commander, especially if her reaction to their questioning her reaction was something along the lines of 'I've destroyed a star, and fired a weapon that could have destroyed all life in this galaxy - why do you think this should be such a big deal to me?' And even more, if Daniel's and Teal'c's reactions were equally matter of fact: "Well, I can't say I'm happy about so much death and destruction, but, I am happy to be alive and free, and I never doubted Sam would do her duty" and "I do not understand your reactions - why should a warrior's resolve be determined by her gender? Or did you not read SG-1's mission reports after all?"

Seeing/reading Landry and Mitchell adjusting to a new, more respectful, and, more appropriate view of Sam, and how that affected their interpersonal dynamics, would interest me.

But, then again, that's just me.
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes everyone

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          I don't know if this is a plausible plot point, but the only times Sam has successfully used the devices were on Goa'uld-ed people(Cronus and Seth), and from Sam's emotional perspective, they were persons she hated.

Now, Sam did say, in FIAD that as far as she knew the devices were controlled by or fed off emotions, and hatred is probably the most easy emotion to get energy from.

I don't know if they are always fed off emotions. In "Thor's Chariot" Sam uses a hand device, or at least turns it on and I don't think she was feeling any great emotions, except maybe curiosity. However, it makes sense that devices would work more easily when her attention was focused through some intense emotion. The only problem is that with Seth, her anger caused her to kill him, but with Cronus, she had to heal him. At first the device wouldn't work. It was as if she had to tell herself to make it work. I don't think her ability to make the healing device work, and in turn cure Cronus, was due to anger, but maybe desperation or deep concern (for Earth and her friends).
                          Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                          Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                            BWAH!

And Happy Birthday!

Comment

I maybe wrong, but are we talking the hand held healing device? Or the ribbon device?

I know that the ribbon device can inflict pain or death apon a subject by the Gou'ald. Also in the movie, Ra used what was the first "ribbon" device, that was hand held.

I'm confused?

Comment

Happy Birtday
                                Carson's girl
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X