Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    I always think of AT saying she told them to write Sam like they would a man and she'd take care of the woman stuff. They do better writing the professional stuff. And no one could confuse Sam with a guy, even in combat boots.
    yep, and they shoulda listened to her

she's got fantastic interpretative talent and i would think, after 9+ years, she knows more about sam than they do, after all she's been dealing with the character more than and longer than the writers have
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      this will sound infantile, but i don't want jack to have those powers like sam... i wanted sam to be the only person that was special this way.

sally
      i do agree with you. jack doesn't NEED goauld powers, he already has the ancient ones

so he can be let out of it with the 'you need to want the powers' or bringing up the mental issue of it being your will in addition to the naq that makes them work

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

and where does it go from there?
        i'd say it doesn't. it's a fantastic idea and a wonderful story adn twist (and i may steal it if you don't write it hint, hint but there is no neat and pretty way to put things together.

sam did her job and she did a dang good job of it and it should end with her regretting the death, but acknowledging that she had no choice and her job - and preference - was to save daniel and the others

sigpic

Comment

astro's idea brings up a storythat i read last week or so...and i posted a link here

basically it was that, in a dream, teal'c saw that sam would be there at his death, and that it would be in battle. so he asked something horrible of her. and she agreed, of course believing that the day would never come to pass

it did and how it ends is
          Spoiler:
          teal'c was fatally injured, wanted to die like his father did, with a crushed symbiote, and that's what he asked of her, to crush his symbiote and let him die...and she did. And jack and daniel didn't nkow about the promise at the time, so they're angry with sam until daniel remembers the night teal'c had the dream

I know a lot of folks make sam as the 'weaker' emotional one...but i think she has a backbone of steel and the ability to do what the others might not be able to do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I always think of AT saying she told them to write Sam like they would a man and she'd take care of the woman stuff.
            This is how Ripley was written for the first Alien film. They conceived Ripley as a male protagonist [edit: at Alan Ladd's suggestion, apparently], then decided to make the hero female. They made no changes in the script (except the pronouns) and cast Sigourney Weaver. Result - brilliance.
            Last edited by scarimor; 19 April 2006, 04:47 AM.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Hehehe, a random amusing little season9 ficlet http://troyswann.livejournal.com/378707.html
              LOL. I thought it was going to be
              Spoiler:
              Landry in the shower. But I think that was even funnier!

Thanks for the link. That was cute. My two favorite characters being sneaky together...

Comment

yep, and that's what they need to do with sam.

the guys seem to think that she'd take the demotion in stride because she's a woman....well put themselves in her shoes and see how they'd feel.

let's say that Coop, back in s7, ran the show. then had a health issue and had to take time off for part of s8, then came back and discovered that he was giong to spend the rest of s8 co-show leader with someone else.

think they'd get along well? Think he'd take it as anything less than an insult to be demoted?

just because we have different organs and hormones doesnt' mean we have different emotions. The emotions are the same across teh board, it's just how a person is raised/taught that governs how they respond and react to those emotions

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                  LOL. I thought it was going to be
                  Spoiler:
                  Landry in the shower.
                  Me too!

:still chuckling:
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Caption This:

Sam (thinks): I hope Teal'c remembers to bring his speedos for the Hot-Tub Party tonight. There again...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Here's an idea for an episode that's been rattling around in my head:

<snip>
                      and where does it go from there?
                      Holy Hannah, that's fantastic!! I would *so* pay to see this on TV.

sigpic

Comment

Wow astro 2 great posts ( 1 in the WSL thread ) and I think you should continue that scenerio in a fic (you're welcome to use SG13 if you like )

(the SG13 beeing written in the BJC thread )
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I just took a look at the auction bids
                          https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Woot! Looks like it might make 20K after all. WOWZERS.

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Wow. I looked at those numbers and from across the room my roommate saw my eyes bug out. That's awesome, though. It's great that the auction is pulling in so much money and everyone is really awesome for donating their time and whatnot.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                              My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                              My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                              My Stargate Videos
                              It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                                Wow. I looked at those numbers and from across the room my roommate saw my eyes bug out. That's awesome, though. It's great that the auction is pulling in so much money and everyone is really awesome for donating their time and whatnot.
                                Wow, and if you look, the bid is at 12K for the lunch with AT and RDA now (about 10 days to go in the auction - it closes on the 28th, right?). The next highest bid is about $2K for lunch with JF from Atlantis. Which just goes to prove that Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill have absolutely ZERO visible chemistry together on SG-1. I mean, c'mon! None at all. It's not like anyone would ever care whether the two of them were in the same room together. There's no fanbase for those two guys as a pair. Not among the casual viewership and not abmong the non casual viewership. Who cares. Right?

Last edited by minigeek; 19 April 2006, 07:36 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X