No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see, i think having cam lead for a bit then have to step down would have created a fantastic tension between them. he's used to being the boss, and has the hero worship bit going on...but then sam comes back and he has to step back and they deal with that. him used to being the boss, her being the boss....perhaps complicated by her confidence, him being right about something, her being right about something...there could have been some great tension between them. him being right, her being right, both of them being wrong
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      see, i think having cam lead for a bit then have to step down would have created a fantastic tension between them. he's used to being the boss, and has the hero worship bit going on...but then sam comes back and he has to step back and they deal with that. him used to being the boss, her being the boss....perhaps complicated by her confidence, him being right about something, her being right about something...there could have been some great tension between them. him being right, her being right, both of them being wrong

Yeah that would have been a lot more interesting and entertaining than what was written!

Comment

That would definitely have been interesting, especially if it had been shown that Cameron hadn't been aware that his position as leader of SG-1 had only been temporary and that he would be expected to vacate it the second Sam returned.

To make sure not to alientate Mitchell fans by taking away "his" command would have required some careful writing, showing the audience that everybody from Landry to Daniel and Teal'c to the commissary staff knew that once Sam was back she was in charge and that they didn't realize that Mitchell didn't know it.

I think that leading SG-1 went to Mitchell's head; they were heroes to him and now, not only was he on the team, he was in charge. It was like putting a kid in charge of the Power Rangers, the X-Men or the Justice League or something.

It would have been interesting to see his reaction when Sam returned and Landry was asking Sam to have her team ready for whatever mission they were going on, not knowing that Mitchell had thought that he was going to stay in command.

I probably would have liked Mitchell a lot more (well, it would have been difficult for me to like him less, but still) if he had stepped back, acknowledging that Sam was more suited to lead and that she was what was best for the team.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

well, when sam came back, how it would have happened in the 'real world' to the best of my knowledge would be that landry would call cam into his office, tell him that colonel carter ws coming back and that she was taking command of the team and ask him if he had an issue about it...with the question being rhetorical because if he said yes, the response would have been 'get over it or go be reassigned'

and that would be it

he'd be major mitchell, sam's a lt colonel, she's the boss. no debate

sigpic

Comment

well, when sam came back, how it would have happened in the 'real world' to the best of my knowledge would be that landry would call cam into his office, tell him that colonel carter ws coming back and that she was taking command of the team and ask him if he had an issue about it...with the question being rhetorical because if he said yes, the response would have been 'get over it or go be reassigned'

and that would be it

Sounds reasonable to me, even if Cameron had to be a Lt Colonel - I don't see why that was the case, but howandever.

I find it funny that if Sam had had to leave SG-1 and be temporarily reassigned or on leave because she was pregnant, there would have been no question over whether or not she would be allowed to retake her old position - at least not in Ireland, I don't know what the law is regarding maternity leave in the US - it would never have not been hers, and she would have been entitled to recommence the job the second she returned.

Comment

and that would be it

You guys are making me sad, thinking about how S9 could have turned out
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

well, it didn't.

but we can 'fix' it in fic...or write fic to make things happen the way we wanted them to happen

season 9 is water under the bridge, no need to worry about it

sigpic

Comment

well, it didn't.

but we can 'fix' it in fic...or write fic to make things happen the way we wanted them to happen
                  If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Comment

what i'm waiting for...ok, in an eps of atlantis, the one with the Hoffans, they said that this one person had a protein marker and was immune to the culling...and that was the basis of their work in making an anti-goauld vaccine

well, wouldn't it be cool if that protein marker was a 'i once was a host' marker and that the goauld came into existence because the ancients were messing with them, to see if htey could be an antidote to the wraith?

which COULD make sam's little visit all the more important if that's the case. that jolinar's legacy is a way to make people immune to and thus defeat the wraith?
                    Ooooo, nice twist! That would an interesting connecting point.
                    Hi, thanks for the welcome skydiver and also thanks ForeverSg1, glad to meet you at the con! That last was my first post I believe. I really haven't been lurking I'm more of a 'check out some of the back pages then post' kinda girl I always loved Carter and AT, but have trouble keeping up with highposting boards Plus someone at the con recommended this thread so here I am(thanks LadyJeep), nice to meet y'all!!!
                    Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
                      pretty much, yeah.

i mena, all due respect to rob and the boys...but they so can't write a woman. and thier idea of ship is even less paletable to me. however i've read fan writers that can spin circles round these kids
                      course, we also dont' have a network giving us demands, actors refusing to say lines/adlibbing, a budge to keep to or anyone to answer to

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RetaGamai
                        Ooooo, nice twist! That would an interesting connecting point.
                        Hi, thanks for the welcome skydiver and also thanks ForeverSg1, glad to meet you at the con! That last was my first post I believe. I really haven't been lurking I'm more of a 'check out some of the back pages then post' kinda girl I always loved Carter and AT, but have trouble keeping up with highposting boards Plus someone at the con recommended this thread so here I am(thanks LadyJeep), nice to meet y'all!!!
                        welcome to samanda.

please, come and play more often. we don't always chat that quickly

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to have seen them introduce Mitchell as a Major into a peacetime SGC and follow his wide eyed enthusiasm for the first 5 eps. We see him doing the "Isn't this just freakin cool?" thing as he gets to look around the hallowed halls of the SGC, run missions with varying teams.

We would have been all what the hell am I watching.. but the story arc could have followed the Daniel/Vala adventure, Mitchell finding his way around the SGC, Teal'c with the Jaffa... the intro of the Ori, all culminating in the reformation of SG-1 when Sam is brought back to lead it.

Then Mitchell, given he was promised something special, calls in the favour from Landry (who refers to Jack) to be on the team as 2IC. Then he can be as cock sure as he likes, but still actually be "learning from the best".

Now that would have been the "smart" show I'm used to watching and would have covered Amanda's absence without alienating most of the original audience of the show... I think anyway. It would also have given us breathing space to get to know the new characters. Spend more time on the backstory and establishing them in a familar setting.

You know they could refer back to Moebius to reset the schemozzle that was the setup in 9 and go back and do it properly.

and that would be it

sigpic

Comment

pretty much, yeah.

i mena, all due respect to rob and the boys...but they so can't write a woman. and thier idea of ship is even less paletable to me. however i've read fan writers that can spin circles round these kids
                            course, we also dont' have a network giving us demands, actors refusing to say lines/adlibbing, a budge to keep to or anyone to answer to
                            I seem to remember Torri making a comment over on central that half the fanfic writers should be on the writing staff for Gate. I'd go as far as to say, that As the Stargae Turnz and Asgard Gambit have better characterisation of Sam than TPTB's version this last season or two
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              I seem to remember Torri making a comment over on central that half the fanfic writers should be on the writing staff for Gate. I'd go as far as to say, that As the Stargae Turnz and Asgard Gambit have better characterisation of Sam than TPTB's version this last season or two
                              Hey that's some of our best work
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks for all the other welcomes! I have a strong feeling this is a friendly thread I'll go check out the blue jello now cant guarantee I'll stay though, I really cant keep up on too many threads.
                                As the Stargate turns!? really?....great name.
                                Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

Working...
                                X