Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    see, this could have tied in beautifully with 'nightwalkers'. here sam has yet *another* symbiote die in her and *another* set of memories to deal with. wouldn't that make sam feel schizophrenic (that's a hard word to spell/look up)? or what if, when both sets are going, they combine and she starts seeing jolinar as evil?

sooooooo many wasted possibilites!

sally
    I thought that they explained that the symbiote in "Nightwalkers" wasn't your normal Goa'uld symbiote - that it didn't have a personality or genetic memory? I've only watched that ep maybe twice, so I might be misinterpreting something from that ep.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Heroes I
      Heroes II
      Lost City I
      Lost City II
      Theme ?
      Mr Cooper's Movie Night

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Urgo
      Upgrades
      Wormhole X-treme
      The Other Guys
      Theme ?
      Xtreme Night - extreme comedy, extreme abilities and extreme Wormhole (ya either luv that ep or hate it)
      -

Comment

Nemesis
        Small Victories
        Redemption 1
        Redemption 2
        Theme: Dumb/Crazy Ideas + Switch the Stargates
        Last edited by DEM; 17 April 2006, 06:36 PM.

Comment

see, this could have tied in beautifully with 'nightwalkers'. here sam has yet *another* symbiote die in her and *another* set of memories to deal with. wouldn't that make sam feel schizophrenic (that's a hard word to spell/look up)? or what if, when both sets are going, they combine and she starts seeing jolinar as evil?

sally
          Well, the second Goa'uld was only an infant, so she didn't really have many memories to deal with from that one, right?
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            I thought that they explained that the symbiote in "Nightwalkers" wasn't your normal Goa'uld symbiote - that it didn't have a personality or genetic memory? I've only watched that ep maybe twice, so I might be misinterpreting something from that ep.
            i haven't watched the ep in a while (and don't have it on tape ), but i think you're right about the genetic memory thinger. but, wouldn't it still have a personality? it did take over the ppl in the town at night, so something had to have been in there.

and that's the starting off point for sam's mind being messed up. i could see her 'seeing' memories of jolinar's, but mixed in with the bad goauld and it coming off as jolinar's memories and her/it being bad.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

sally
              but that symbiote was a clone, and i think it was fairly young. i don't think she was implanted long enough for it to really have an impact like that, and i'm probably wrong but doesn't the symbiote choose to leave its memories with the host? not sure on this.

but it definitely would have have some psychological impact. brought back nightmares, flashbacks, and a whole lot of jolinar memory redux. there definitely would have been a backlash and revisiting of that past experience, which she apparently once referred to as "one of the worst things that ever happened" to her.

then she would have had the self doubt that goes with all of that. there are so many possibilities that could have been utilised, and still could.

ps, am i spelling "symbiote" wrong?

Comment

I've only watched [NIGHTWALKERS] maybe twice....
                *gasp*

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  but that symbiote was a clone, and i think it was fairly young. i don't think she was implanted long enough for it to really have an impact like that, and i'm probably wrong but doesn't the symbiote choose to leave its memories with the host? not sure on this.

but it definitely would have have some psychological impact. brought back nightmares, flashbacks, and a whole lot of jolinar memory redux. there definitely would have been a backlash and revisiting of that past experience, which she apparently once referred to as "one of the worst things that ever happened" to her.

then she would have had the self doubt that goes with all of that. there are so many possibilities that could have been utilised, and still could.

ps, am i spelling "symbiote" wrong?
                  this reminds me of a story i did once (in my head) where...

i saw it that the symbiote was still attached to sam's brain stem. it died, but slowly desolved. in my story, 'something' started reconstituting it and it started regrowing. no one (including sam) knew this was happening until it was big enough to make itself known. so sam's a goauld housing project again.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Heroes I
                    Heroes II
                    Lost City I
                    Lost City II
                    The Beginning of the end

Urgo
                    Upgrades
                    Wormhole X-treme
                    The Other Guys
                    Sg-1 - the comedy

The Enemy Within
                    Hathor
                    Entity
                    Sight Unseen
                    The Take Over - or - Aliens hit home

Cold Lazarus
                    Crystal Skull
                    Absolute Power
                    Orpheus
                    Personal challenges to overcome
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 17 April 2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      *gasp*
                      Yep. I actually fell asleep when I first watched it on DVD. No Jack. :shrugs:
                      sigpic

Comment

Cold Lazarus
                        Crystal Skull
                        Absolute Power
                        Orpheus
                        Ya know, this one looks like they meant to schedule The Changeling but missed and scheduled Orpheus instead. IOW, they were going for Visions/Altered States, but Orpheus isn't a very strong representative.

edit:
                        Heh. Whereas I didn't notice Jack wasn't there until it was pointed out to me.

Comment

But it has Sam!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            But it has Sam!!!
                            In leathers (you know.... where have I seen this conversation before, AD )
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ok, the winner of the season two best episode is

drum roll

drum roll

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Matter of Time

with ITLOD coming in second
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nemesis
                                Small Victories
                                Redemption 1
                                Redemption 2
                                Theme ?
                                Two fishing invites and one trip into space. I couldn't resist a little Sam/Jack theme.

Comment

Working...
                                X