No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick fic recommendation for S/J shippers (filler between season 8 & 9):

Out of Context by Annerb
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2896087/1/

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I mean... two Samanthas
      no waiting
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        Anyway---anyone looking forward to AT's movie about a week from now? I'm wondering how important her role will be as a bumbling detective? I'm looking forward to seeing her in something a bit different just for fun. I'm usually not a Lifetime Movie sort of gal, but occasionally!
        What a question. I have it practically marked on my calendar! It doesn't look like she's the lead but I'm hoping for some good scenes. Yay AT and new roles!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i hope someone will give us a 'don't forget amanda's movie!' hit before it's on.

sally
          How's this for now?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            but that's AMANDA. rewatch AMOT. look at how sam thinks, her attitudes and relationships. her leadership. intellegence. strength. you can vote for ITLOD when we do favorite AT eps. i will too.
            But also ITLOD ushered in a shift in her character to being a deeper, more rounded out person. Sure she still got excited over science and technology, but now there was an edge to her where before there wasn't.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I am so waffling here.

That one scene with the Ashrak is just so powerful. Watch it again. See the intensity in her eyes and hear the tone of her voice. It's so powerful:

Sam/Jolinar: Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tokr'a.

Just...WOW.

Yup, ya gotta admit!!

Actually I had a difficult time between ITLOD, A Matter of Time, Secrets, and Tokra I and II. All so good! That's what I love about Sam---she has alot of sides/depth to her---an amazingly brilliant astrophysicist with a curiosity that is envious---yet an extremely competent officer who is brave, courageous and skilled in combat---yet is sensitive to those around her (unless she gets caught up in the beauty of an equation or a new technology)---yet will risk her life to save a member of a team or a stranger---yet is a good daughter and a good friend.

these different episodes reveal different sides. I find it difficult to choose (just like I did in season 1), but went with ITLOD because of the consequences for Sam in the larger story arcs for the show. It was a big deal for this character---and I will never forget the scene when Sam lifts up her head after being overtaken by Jolinar. That whole opening scene of this episode was riveting, and Sam is trying to save someone's life that she doesn't know in the line of duty.

I also liked how they actually showed a bit of the consequence of this event for Sam at the end of the episode. Everything was NOT all sweetness and light after----we are left knowing that this is something that has affected her deeply and others around her know this is so and are there for her. If only they would bring this part of Sam up again in season 10. If only.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                which they've never touched on since. I don't think sam has even touched the healing device since then.
                that healing device episode would have made for great followup either while Daniel was ascended or after he came back. He said he remembered "dying" so he probably remembered Sam trying to save him with the healing thingy.

Comment

that was a great fic.

just how i'd see them. i don't quite see the 'wow, sam's here, confessions of immediate undying love and secks' in 2.3 pages.

even after 8 years, these two would be cautious, maybe wanting something but not wanting to screw it up

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i'm looking forward to it too!

i hope someone will give us a 'don't forget amanda's movie!' hit before it's on.

sally

I hope Darren or someone announces it on GW before hand. I imagine they will because they seem to do this for the main actors.

She plays Detective Burns. Who knows how a big a role it is, but I would at least imagine we get to see AT for a bit!

Comment

But also ITLOD ushered in a shift in her character to being a deeper, more rounded out person. Sure she still got excited over science and technology, but now there was an edge to her where before there wasn't.
                      but the edge wasn't IN the episode!!!111! AMOT was a GREAT WONDERFUL FANTAZMARIFIC episode by itself. none of this long-arc stuff. bah. we don't need not stinking arcs.

A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time.
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

After countless hours of soul searching, I have come to a most difficult decision.

This didn't come easy...but now that the choice has been made, I feel at peace with it and feel I must share it with you all.

I've decided on A Matter of Time...because it truly is a Sam episode...one of the best with lots of character bits etc. It didn't have her as Soldier!Sam but still had her as most definitely and officer and a leader.

But then there's In the Line of Duty and those incredible moments with her as Jolinar standing up to the Ashrak. That was amazing too.

DOH.
                        Sheesh--you scared me with that intro. I think the MOT ITLOD debate is a sign that we really should do a "best AT" tournament next.

I've begun my season 3 review in preparation for the next vote. ( I already voted MOT). Into the fire has some great Sam moments--brave and resourceful. Makepeace respects her opinion & remember she's a mere captain at that point.

Comment

just a warning....with all the campaigning debating going on, the only votes i'm gonna count are those that are pm'd or e-mailed to me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            but the edge wasn't IN the episode!!!111! AMOT was a GREAT WONDERFUL FANTAZMARIFIC episode by itself. none of this long-arc stuff. bah. we don't need not stinking arcs.

A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time, A Matter of Time.
                            Ha! I like stand alone episodes too.

Comment

just a warning....with all the campaigning debating going on, the only votes i'm gonna count are those that are pm'd or e-mailed to me.
                              LOL I guess it does feel like a campaign, doesn't it???

Dang this is tough.

How much time do I have???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Let's try this

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...57#post5166857

The Samanda Whinge Nuts

Where folks can go to whine, rant, rave, complain, vent....whatever.

If we want to DISCUSS coop's potential to make something we enjoy, we can do it in Samanda

but when we want to just vent....we'll go there.

hopefully find a compromise and a way to keep samanda fun while still giving folks a chance to whinge about anything they want to whinge about....the price of gas, the lack of chocolate in the refrigerator....whatever they want
                                so, the thread 'has' split....

well, i guess it's better than us ripping into each other.

(((sky))) i know you're trying to do something positive, so i'll support you. heck, i'll support you no matter what.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X