Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, isn't that so great.

that sam/teal'c bit was so nice and sweet.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yeah, isn't that so great.

that sam/teal'c bit was so nice and sweet.
      loved how cromwell started to like her a bit too. and its darn rare for a special ops colonel team leader to acutally respect a female captain with letters behind her name. yay sam.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

After countless hours of soul searching, I have come to a most difficult decision.

This didn't come easy...but now that the choice has been made, I feel at peace with it and feel I must share it with you all.

I've decided on A Matter of Time...because it truly is a Sam episode...one of the best with lots of character bits etc. It didn't have her as Soldier!Sam but still had her as most definitely and officer and a leader.

But then there's In the Line of Duty and those incredible moments with her as Jolinar standing up to the Ashrak. That was amazing too.

DOH.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

sorry for the ot:

coley, i can't rep you, or send a private message, or send an email to you.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            After countless hours of soul searching, I have come to a most difficult decision.

This didn't come easy...but now that the choice has been made, I feel at peace with it and feel I must share it with you all.

I've decided on A Matter of Time...because it truly is a Sam episode...one of the best with lots of character bits etc. It didn't have her as Soldier!Sam but still had her as most definitely and officer and a leader.

But then there's In the Line of Duty and those incredible moments with her as Jolinar standing up to the Ashrak. That was amazing too.

DOH.

You haven't decided, have you?!! I think you are still waffling there, aren't you. Listen carefully--In the Line of Duty, In the Line of Duty.... Now repeat after me--In the Line of Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              I think all my caps are sam-centric.. they all live here feel free to use them

Myrth, I think it is you, among others, that is helping with the new and improved site for the Amanda Tapping Club, yes? I just checked it out and it looks great. Easier to see where everything is, well organized, and a nice layout!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                I am too missing Jolinar.
                I have to thank you for the idea Sky because I went back to my dear Photoshop thanks to you and Jolinar. It's not a piece of art, but, well, I enjoyed doing it.

Wow, Lys, this is excellent. I love the Jolinar storyline. I hope bink is right, and they use this storyline again for Sam, as it may connect Sam and Vala in an interesting and maybe effective way.

OT but bizarre: In regard to the Leo awards--as you may know, the Stargate shows got nominated for 15 awards last year (yeah AT for winning her third last year), but this year they were only nominated for 1 Leo. Well, according to the following Australian site, Brad Wright did not make any other nominations. They speculate this is so because they were too busy filming (but that doesn't make much sense). Go to:

http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Myrth, I think it is you, among others, that is helping with the new and improved site for the Amanda Tapping Club, yes? I just checked it out and it looks great. Easier to see where everything is, well organized, and a nice layout!
                    shrieks: It's online!!! ::sprints to site:: yay!!! its so prudiful.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

You haven't decided, have you?!! I think you are still waffling there, aren't you. Listen carefully--In the Line of Duty, In the Line of Duty.... Now repeat after me--In the Line of Duty.
                      No No No

A Matter of Time
                      A Matter of Time
                      A Matter of Time

Hey I had a hard time choosing S2 too, but S3 is a snack it's got my favourite FOOTHOLD!!!!!
                      -

Comment

Meh. Season Three has to be point of view. I mean... two Samanthas
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I am so waffling here.

That one scene with the Ashrak is just so powerful. Watch it again. See the intensity in her eyes and hear the tone of her voice. It's so powerful:

Sam/Jolinar: Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tokr'a.

Just...WOW.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I am so waffling here.

That one scene with the Ashrak is just so powerful. Watch it again. See the intensity in her eyes and hear the tone of her voice. It's so powerful:

Sam/Jolinar: Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tokr'a.

Just...WOW.
                            Yeah. We really need to get her all posessed and gooldy again. That was way cool.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I am so waffling here.

Just...WOW.
                              but that's AMANDA. rewatch AMOT. look at how sam thinks, her attitudes and relationships. her leadership. intellegence. strength. you can vote for ITLOD when we do favorite AT eps. i will too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Just a sidenote: I went to the season 2 and 3 threads for Atlantis---geez--some of the titles of these threads are a bit negative--get rid of Sheppard, Court Martial Weir. etc. (of course there are a number of positive threads too, but I was a bit taken aback). Is there something in the water during hiatus?
                                i've noticed the negativity too. i 'think' it's because a lot of ppl are just plain uphappy with the progress of their shows. in all the years i've been a member of fandom, i've never seen it this bad.

as for samanda; i think we've run out of things to talk about. even when we have new eps (season 9), we were still not thrilled with what we saw. and when you run out of new things to talk about... other things start popping up.

Anyway---anyone looking forward to AT's movie about a week from now? I'm wondering how important her role will be as a bumbling detective? I'm looking forward to seeing her in something a bit different just for fun. I'm usually not a Lifetime Movie sort of gal, but occasionally!
                                i'm looking forward to it too!

i hope someone will give us a 'don't forget amanda's movie!' hit before it's on.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X