Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    "Steam comes out of it and everything."
    oooh, really? Steam?! What are we complaining for?!! Go space ships!!!!
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i would like it if they address sam's goauld abilities more.

in s3, they did it so much that it was almsot getting to be ajoke...but then, other than the issues with conrad and the trust, jolinar has been forgotten.

what i don't get, if the budgets are such an issue...why the hades hire more actors? why waste that budget on space ships when a good chunk of the fans don't care for them anyway?

the show isn't called space ship sg-1, it's stargate sg1

i would LOVE to see jolinar be mentioned again. not only as a 'sam's unique blood chemistry saves teh day' but what if it's a liability? what if sg-1 gets in trouble because they can sense jolinar's remnants or what if sam falls ill to some 'kill the goauld' trap?

so much potential for plot and character moments and it's been brushed aside for the 3 B's

and the one other thing about character bits...they're cheap. just cost writing. you don't need a sfx budget to get sam and one of the boys talking
      I am too missing Jolinar.
      I have to thank you for the idea Sky because I went back to my dear Photoshop thanks to you and Jolinar. It's not a piece of art, but, well, I enjoyed doing it.

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Astro you were asking about screen caps of Sam yesterday. Here is a slideshow in my photobucket with some of mine I have posted in the last few months. Might be a fun project to go back and organize Sam only screen caps when I have some time.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          I am too missing Jolinar.
          I have to thank you for the idea Sky because I went back to my dear Photoshop thanks to you and Jolinar. It's not a piece of art, but, well, I enjoyed doing it.

A long time ago I asked mallozzi on the AJM thread if we would see the Jolinar stuff and Carter's abilities in that regard and, while I cannot recall exactly what he said, he did not say it was a dead-issue like he said replicarter was (or like he said the "ship" was and look what a joke THAT turned out to be for S10 and the pimping has already started in that regard - mallozzi + cooper = grain of salt. Seems the "ship" was a non-entity to them in S9 because in their arrogance they thought the shiny new story, enemy, golden boy, caricature-cliche female, bombs, yadda, yadda, would bring in the ratings - ooops were TPRTS wrong or what so now they are back-pedaling, fast - let's hope they back-pedal on the leadership issue as hard and as fast as they are back-pedaling on the "ship" issue. Sorry off on a somewhat OT rant - got carried away and that happens so easily to me). Anyway my point waas that mallozzi did not toss aside the Jolinar stuff the way he did other possible stories for Carter so that may be something.
          Last edited by binkpmmc; 03 May 2006, 08:24 PM.

Comment

that is absolutely beautiful lys

jols was such a turning point for sam
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you guys have a few more hours to vote for the best sam eps of s2

the one that's winning, is winning by 2 votes

if i don't get the results up, don't worry. i'm gonna be on the road most of tomorrow and i have no idea what my net access will be

Tracy will post the season 3 and you guys can go ahead and vote on that one

sigpic

Comment

you guys have a few more hours to vote for the best sam eps of s2

the one that's winning, is winning by 2 votes

if i don't get the results up, don't worry. i'm gonna be on the road most of tomorrow and i have no idea what my net access will be

Tracy will post the season 3 and you guys can go ahead and vote on that one
                Huh, what now? I'm going to post season three?
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ok, not you.

it's beena long weekend and my brain is fried.

my lovely cohort will post the season 3 choices soon

sigpic

Comment

ok, not you.

Lys

aw darn, i missed my 700th post! where is that little bugger?
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

ok, not you.

Oh, lovely cohort? So you do mean me All you had to do was ask I'm sure Lys will do it soon, won't you, Lys?

And yupp, it's been a long and horrible weekend for us all. I can't wait for it to be over.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        Lys

aw darn, i missed my 700th post! where is that little bugger?
                        Maybe the BJC

Congrats on your 700th
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                          Maybe the BJC

Congrats on your 700th
                          good call! (stalker) oh GAWD, i spend it talking about dj! how depressing.

joli!sam to celebrate. at least WE didn't forget she 's got 'em and what she went through.
                          and some AT on the side. yayayay!
                          sigpic

Comment

here's a sam fic

Outside of the Inside
                            by afg
                            E-mail: [email protected]

Rating: Teens
                            Season: SG-1 Season Five
                            Related SG-1 Episode(s): 509 Between Two Fires
                            Featured Character(s): Samantha Carter, Tealc
                            Summary: Whiskey and mourning and why it's always good to have a Jaffa handy.

Read this story at GateWorld FanFic:
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...outsideof.html

can't say that i totally agree with the characterization, i don't see sam as a 'drunk in public' person....but the sam/teal'c friendship bits are nice

sigpic

Comment

I think all my caps are sam-centric.. they all live here feel free to use them

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Astro you were asking about screen caps of Sam yesterday. Here is a slideshow in my photobucket with some of mine I have posted in the last few months. Might be a fun project to go back and organize Sam only screen caps when I have some time.
                              sigpic

Comment

just rewatched AMOT, i totally forgot how great the sam/teal'c/quantum gravity moment was. And when she’s explaining the whole thing, you can see how she goes from "teal’c’s listening to me. he doesn’t quite get it but he wants to" to "oh god, its jack, and he’s playing stupid." to "grr damnit, he’s a major general/unknown colonel, I need to shut up and get to the point!" to "yeah..wha?...thinking out loud…" to "would you let my THINK already?!? This ain’t your average rocket science!" love watching that. there's beautiful acting for ya.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X