Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO.. this is true.. good point out

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    you are currently looking at the only woman in the world that can look THAT serious while holding a donut in front of a 2 star air force general.

you are also currently looking at the only actress on the world that can act said scene.
    ...not that i want to influence anyone on anything...
    sigpic

Comment

I was just noticing how often Sam wears a bullet proof vest (on earth) and thought one of our video makers (not sure who ) should make a video to Blue Rodeo's I'm not Bullet Proof just an idea
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Don't know if you guys have seen this. If yes, I apologize. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...argate&pl=true
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
          Don't know if you guys have seen this. If yes, I apologize. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...argate&pl=true
          Don't apologize it's one of my fav bloopers always makes me laugh, thanks
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            Why, that's Sam participating in the zenith and culmination of the ep "Full Alert."

Certainly, full-a something, in my opinion.
            Okay I'm working my way through the thread and this may have been addressed already. I can't remember if it is in the commentary for "Full Alert" or if I heard the story at a con but they talked about that scene and how Amanda had a Doctor appointment to get to and it was the last scene to film for the day with her in it. They wanted her for me but they were behind schedule and she could not miss her appointment so they changed the plans for her in the final scene had her sit down quickly get a shot of her and off she went.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Yeah, I never thought I'd be agreeing with the True!Fan (*hugs* AD ), but it's definitely been a bit of a downer. Judging by the fact that no one really responded to my last post, I'm assumed that I was WAY off base. Whatever. That's cool. It wouldn't be the first time.

But it's interesting to know that people less vocal than myself are avoiding the thread these days.

Once again, it would seem that we're desperately needing to find some common ground in this thread. Or maybe not. I dunno. Does anyone have any other thoughts on that?
              oh, i have the perfect idea. let's split the sam thread into pieces. we'll have the positive only sam thread. the negative only sam thread. the s/j ship only sam thread. the bi/lesbian sam thread. the no ship sam thread. the i love vala & sam thread. the i love mitchell & sam sam thread. the i was bitten by a dog and now have a tail sam thread. more???

or how about everyone just let everyone else be themselves, and if we go through some posts/pages that aren't up to everyone's tastes, we just pass by them until there's something that you (general you) find appealing?

maybe reading post after post of negative reactions aren't everyone's cup of tea, but i find turning on one another much worse. and disheartening.

(btw, this thread was quiet before this day's ranting. what's the excuse for that?)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

And if i thought she's honestly leave if i did, i would leave this thread. Because i honestly believe that one reason FH is here isn't to celebrate sam. She's here to preach vala and to punish me for not liking vala. and she's doing her best to take this thread with her.

As a matter of fact, if folks that that the trolling will stop if i leave just say so and i will. I'd rather the thread survive without me in it than to have it die because of someone with a personal grudge.
                the hell you'll go!

(((sky)))

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
                  Oh yes. Love that one.

Thanks!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    As a matter of fact, if folks that that the trolling will stop if i leave just say so and i will. I'd rather the thread survive without me in it than to have it die because of someone with a personal grudge.
                    I have no doubt that others have already responded to this, so I'll be frank:

If for some bizarre reason you leave this thread on a permanent or even semi-permanent basis, I will either personally drag you back here (trolling and all), or I'll hire someone more persuasive than myself to do the job. Comprende?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i know someone asked if rob cooper was still showrunning sg1... did anyone answer this?

sally
                      Okay Sally I don't know if anyone answered this or not but let me give you my take on the current status. As I understand it and I may be wrong but fro what I have gathered from interviews and conventions. Rob is still primarly head of SG-1 but Brad will be doing more work with SG-1 this year. Brad is still primarly head of SGA but Rob will be doing more with SGA this year.

Based on this past season I would say that neither one of them is great running a show alone. But when they work together and draw on each others strengths I think they put out a pretty good product.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Okay Sally I don't know if anyone answered this or not but let me give you my take on the current status. As I understand it and I may be wrong but fro what I have gathered from interviews and conventions. Rob is still primarly head of SG-1 but Brad will be doing more work with SG-1 this year. Brad is still primarly head of SGA but Rob will be doing more with SGA this year.

Based on this past season I would say that neither one of them is great running a show alone. But when they work together and draw on each others strengths I think they put out a pretty good product.
                        i'll take that as positive for stargate sg1!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                          Just so we don't have another festival of negative posts regarding those who post negative thoughts, since I'm told that a bunch of negative posts on a subject or character or person(s) can add up to a perception of bashing that subject / character / person(s), and we wouldn't want to be perceived to bash the less than positive posters, would we? Or would we? (I dunno about that, myself, after some of the previous 'I hate it when it's so negative and it makes me not want to come here and this is my happy place and that ruins it for me' fests we've had hereabouts. Why didn't they constitute bashing, too?) At least I found the 'they must not want / like / understand / deserve the Sam character if they X, Y, and Z' posts to be more closely related to topic than the 'I'm going to talk about Vala regardless' posts. But, that's just me.

It's difficult - I personally cannot tolerate a diet of pure "sweetness and light," on any subject. Sugar does for my blood pressure, literally and figuratively. And, I've always found pessimism to be a much more sustainable viewpoint, since all the surprises are pleasant thereafter. But, again, that's just me.

Perhaps, when things seem to be going off topic, or, in a direction that individuals find uncomfortable, those individuals need to raise a finger / issue a direct and unambiguous "We're getting off-topic / negative-cumulating-to-bashing / saying too many bad things about Q / overdosing on the S/J-S/J-S/V-S/P-S/T-S/D-whatever-relationship-capsizes-your-boat" warning to the thread before things get "too bad" for those individuals to tolerate. Taking the thread to task after the fact certainly and demonstrably doesn't keep pages of those painful posts from having happened, and neither do notices and warnings whose very gentility and/or opacity allows those who have the bit in thier teeth to avoid the poster's meaning and intent. Those who find the nature of the discussion herein becoming uncomfortable for, any reason, may need to consider forthright and frank - which need not be rude, negative, mean, et cetera - mention of that fact before things become intolerably painful for them.

Therefore, please, allow me to beg those who dislike where the thread had ended up to take on the responsibility of saying "Hey - things are trending too much toward the _____, folks - could we knock back the XXXXX a notch, before we end up in _____?" before we find ourselves in the middle of _____ in the future? Please?

After all - those who are incurably negative, of whom I am one , are hardly qualified, from a logical standpoint, to estimate the negativity tolerance of those who don't "do" negativity, are we? We need to know we're causing discomfort before we cause pain.

Please?
                          Sorry if I'm kick-starting the festival all over again or something... I'm just not sure if you were quoting me in reference to the whole debate, or if you were addressing me... for something... So I'll just say that, again, I'm not saying that negative posts shouldn't ever occur on Samanda. That's ludicrous and waaaaaaaay too idealistic of a goal for any group of people to uphold.

And I'll be honest: It ticks (ticked; will tick) me off to no end when people come onto the thread and complain about the negativity, basically hoping to police all negativity out of the place, because at the end of the day (or at least three pages later), we all know that the thread will get right back to the positive side of things again. The great pendulum will eventually swing to the other side, and we'll all be posting lovely thoughts about Sam, Amanda, et al.

I am as anti-S9/S10 as the rest of them. I've counted my chickens before they've hatched. Heck, I've got them graded and ready for shipping. I'm fully preparing myself for a mental checkout of SG-1 some time around August. And it sucks. In fact, the only reason why I'm planning on watching the next season is for debating/whinging ammo. Pure and simple. Now, I ask myself, how freakin' sad is that?

That's the nature of the beast, and I'd like to think that I've been pretty clear in that regard. I really have no intentions of policing Samanda, because when you get right down to it, those who have had problems with the way SG-1 is headed far outweigh those who don't.

And no, before someone's veins start pumping, that doesn't mean that the thread should be dictated by a simple majority opinion. At the same time, I think it's impossible to assume that, until we see undeniable and clearly identifiable proof that the Samantha Carter character (and, most importantly, Amanda Tapping) is being utilized in the upcoming season, we can remain positive for any length of time. In short, TPTB have really screwed up this time around.

Luckily, I think someone up there knows it.

You've got a great idea, right there. Basically we raise the issue when it becomes an issue. But I think that has happened on a fairly regular basis. A few weeks ago, Sky had to put on her mod hat and weed out some things; a few weeks before that, others expressed their problems; a few weeks before that, we were all discussing the merits of neg vs. pro posts, just like we are now.

That said, my main question when posting on this thread has always been the same. It's, How far is too far? How far do we - as a group - take it to get our point across? How are we - as a group - letting our emotions pave the way for future offensive acts? Is there another outlet where we can do this? Is it possible that, when a group of us posts for three pages or more on something we're hating, we're essentially setting the tone for the thread for the next 24-hour period?

Our motto isn't "Kindness Always Reigns Here," by any means, but I'd like to think that it isn't "Kindness Used To Reign Here, Before We All Got Pissed At TIIC."

I hope that clarifies things, Sim (if you were even wondering). Because I'd like to think that you and I were always on the same wavelength when it came to the drivel that's been dished to us this season, and how we should be able to express ourselves here.

maybe reading post after post of negative reactions aren't everyone's cup of tea, but i find turning on one another much worse. and disheartening.
                          Wow... Just found this, and to be honest Sally, when I posted earlier, I didn't expect anyone to take it personally. Evidently you have. I'm sorry if you feel like I was "turning on one another" in my post, but I find your not-so-subtle dig at something I was trying to be diplomatic about rather hypocritical. Fine. Whatever. I could throw in a witty line about pots, kettles and their distinguishing colors, but I'll refrain.

Since the thread has already swung back to the "positive side," and people have obviously moved on, I'll stop commenting on the subject here. I just have to say publicly - since you opened the door and all - that I find it rather humorous (read: ridiculous) that you took that particular route, simply because you didn't agree. Yet many of the not-so-S/J-shippers can go through pages and pages of ship talk, because, hey that's what you like. Nice. I honestly went out of my way to NOT single anybody out, yet by quoting my post before your litany of sarcasm, you went out of your way to single me out. And for those who know me, bringing this issue up this way is NOT something I do on a regular basis (especially on Samanda), so forgive me if it sounds unreasonably catty.

I'll be sure not to post my thoughts on controversial matters anymore, lest you find them extremely disheartening.

ON TOPIC: Ooober, in response to your nice change of topic, I'm a fan of Red Sky, and I agree with those who think that perhaps the planet shouldn't have been fixed in a jiffy, so that Sam could truly deal with what happens when you cut corners. They were justifiable and Hammond approved them, but it would've been great to really see Sam beat herself up over that kind of protocol. And it would've been interesting to see how she second-guessed herself in the future.
                          Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 15 April 2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

the hell you'll go!

(((sky)))

sally
                            I'll second that!

I'm relatively new around here but do you know what drew me to this thread? Well, first of all it's dedicated to a great character and actress, and secondly the people here. In this thread you cover such a wide range of topics and everyone has such a wide range of opinions on those topics and everyone is welcome. It's just a really great place to visit, regardless of which way the topic is swinging. I was on a bit of a downer this morning, so much so I had to visit the anti threads for a bit of a rant. Then I came to this thread and I left in a whole better mood.

So no more talk of leaving, OK? This is a great place to be.

Now to get back on topic.

Why did I vote for A Matter of Time as my best Sam S2 ep? Well pretty much for all the reasons Deejay435 listed. This ep covered a wide range of things ScienceSam, BraveSam, FriendSam. It was a whole lot of little things that just meshed together. One of my favourite scenes is Sam with Teal'c on the surface. Teal'c comes up to Sam and places his hand on her back and offers his assistance, Sam places her hand on T's back - they just say so much in that scene without verbalising it.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                              <snippety doo da>>

Why did I vote for A Matter of Time as my best Sam S2 ep? Well pretty much for all the reasons Deejay435 listed. This ep covered a wide range of things ScienceSam, BraveSam, FriendSam. It was a whole lot of little things that just meshed together. One of my favourite scenes is Sam with Teal'c on the surface. Teal'c comes up to Sam and places his hand on her back and offers his assistance, Sam places her hand on T's back - they just say so much in that scene without verbalising it.
                              I gotta tell you I am so torn here.

It's between In the Line of Duty and Matter of Time.

To understand my dilemma, you must first know that ITLOD was my very first Stargate SG-1 episode. EVER.

I saw this blonde woman, clearly a soldier, clearly very strong and well respected by her friends and co workers and yet she was emotionally torn to shreds by a Tok'ra named Jolinar...and I was hooked into the show. Plus HEY LOOK! It's MacGyver and man does he look hot.

I loved how dark Jolinar was. Her certainty of her fate. Her begging O'Neill to please listen to her. Her desperation to reach Daniel by using her knowledge of where Sha're was. ANYTHING. But she knew it was a lost cause. She knew because she saw pieces of Sam's thoughts. But you know, I've wondered about this too. It wasn't like a typical blending for a Tok'ra of course so Sam probably fought as much as she could tooth and nail. And wouldn't you? Your mind suddenly invaded by a parasitical being that you recognize as being your people's biggest foe at that time? What kind of interaction did Sam and Jolinar have do you think? My guess it was fairly limited otherwise Jolinar would have known to have trusted the Tauri...that they were in fact allies against the Goa'uld...that if they had trusted each other, things could have played out differently.

Amanda was just so stunning in this role. Her ability to emote with her facial expressions are just second to none. Just see any screen cap from the episodes when she's not herself like in ITLOD and they are completely distinguishable from the typical look that Sam has. This is true of her AU's or of Replicarter...but really noticable when she was Jolinar.

Now the thing is, ITLOD isn't really a "Sam" episode as much as it is an "Amanda" episode...because really, we only saw Sam at the very beginning as she desperately tried to save that man using mouth to mouth and then at the very end when she realizes Jolinar sacrificed herself for her. And then of course that heart rending scene with Cassie at the very end.

See, I have that emotional attachment of it being my first SG-1 episode on top of everything else.

But then there's A Matter of Time.

Sam giving orders. Sam explaining wormholes to Jack using an apple...man, that's just adoreable. Sam being fascinated by something that she's never seen before (getting caught up in the science and momentarily forgetting the human element). Sam getting angry at the brains who just wanted to blow up the problem because they couldn't explain it. Sam and Teal'c moments. Sam figuring things out. Sam helping Teal'c save O'Neill from the wormhole.

And can we forget...Sam and her pastry!

This is a really great Sam episode. So much highlighted about the character. Her smarts, her compassion, her strength of will, her friendship.

And did I mention the pastry?

So hopefully you see my dilemma. Do I choose an "Amanda" episode to which I hole a great deal of sentimental value or do I choose an incredible "Sam" episode?

Someone help me out here.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                I gotta tell you I am so torn here.

SNIP

So hopefully you see my dilemma. Do I choose an "Amanda" episode to which I hole a great deal of sentimental value or do I choose an incredible "Sam" episode?

Someone help me out here.

Heads its Amanda, Tails its Sam
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X