Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley

Seriously FH this is a pro Sam thread hopefully you will be respectful of that. I'm not quite sure why you would be here if you didn't want to be pro Sam. I wouldn't dream of wasting my time posting about Sam all the time on a pro Vala thread whilst trying to make nice. Life is just too short

I do not mind people joining in on this thread who like Vala as well as Sam, but I would expect that their postings are mostly about Sam.

You can start a pro Sam/Vala thread if you wish.
    Don't need to, there's one already started by someone else some time ago

And... can anybody make a list for me of THE BEST of Sam's episodes? From all seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yes. and that great chracter stuff came from those little lines and bits.

like in tangent 'damnit colonel, we didn't come all this way to take you home in a box!!'

or how jacob, ticked at having his cover blown, immediately changed his mind when sam said 'colonel o'neill and teal'c are in trouble'
      That was a great episode. Wonderful character interaction and the jokes, miracle of miracles, were funny and worked into the episode rather than tacky and tacked onto it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        I know, it sounds crazy, doesn't it? Character moments? I mean, who wants them when they can have super duper toilet bowls...sorry, Ori space ships. But hey, what do my thoughts and opinions matter? I'm only a fan who spends money on DVDs and conventions and stuff. My opinions are obviously worthless.
        i jsut hope that coop doesnt' think that 'character moments' = potty humor and sexpot characters.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
          Don't need to, there's one already started by someone else some time ago

And... can anybody make a list for me of THE BEST of Sam's episodes? From all seasons.
          search the thread. we did this about a year ago. voted every week for each season then had a run off.

sigpic

Comment

i jsut hope that coop doesnt' think that 'character moments' = potty humor and sexpot characters.
            Is there a kindergarten for writers where he can brush up on the basics? He has written some great episodes in the past, so it stands to reason that he is capable of doing so in the future, but maybe he needs some guidance.

Comment

You can start a pro Sam/Vala thread if you wish.

you're right. it keeps dying due to lack of interest.

so all the sam/vala talk can go off to that thread, all the vala talk can go to one of the THREE threads she has and this ONE thread can STAY SAM!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                Is there a kindergarten for writers where he can brush up on the basics? He has written some great episodes in the past, so it stands to reason that he is capable of doing so in the future, but maybe he needs some guidance.
                i think brad was that guidance. i think he kept rob on the straight and narrow and reined in some of his more outlandish ideas.

sigpic

Comment

search the thread. we did this about a year ago. voted every week for each season then had a run off.
                  A year ago? So it would be... like... about... 1000 pages back or so?

Comment

i think brad was that guidance. i think he kept rob on the straight and narrow and reined in some of his more outlandish ideas.
                    So all we need is for Brad to beta the scripts.

Comment

That was a great episode. Wonderful character interaction and the jokes, miracle of miracles, were funny and worked into the episode rather than tacky and tacked onto it.
                      yeah. either brad's fine hand or rda's adlibbing, one or the other.

jokes were IN the show, the show wasnt' written solely to facilitate the jokes...and none of htem were at the expense of the characters. No one was made a fool of or humiliated in wormhole extreme, yet the humor lately seems to very much be the cruel type, where characters are made the butt of jokes to faciliate the humor.

I remember inspace race, sam's 'indeed' to teal'c was just classic. and the gentle teasing that spoke of a great friendship and camraderie

sigpic

Comment

use the search engine. we had polls. 'best sam episode'

you'll find them

sigpic

Comment

Oh yes. I think there's a thread somewhere called "Sci-Fi For Dummies" (I think it's at Gateworld). Yupp, it is, it's here
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

So all we need is for Brad to beta the scripts.
                            yes!

brad's stuff is so to my taste. classy, respectful. funny without being silly. I think the closest thing to a sex joke that he put in an episode is jack saying something about having a really big wick....and i don't know if brad wrote that or if rda ad libbed it.

brad is a master. rob...tries. then he gets distracted by boobs and shiny things and forgets what he's doing

sigpic

Comment

And if that's too difficult for you, then (in case you post first, read later... or perhaps not at all ) Sky's been redoing the poll recently. We've had season one and season two (I think), and you only have to scroll back a couple of pages.

If you're really struggling. Try going onto the SG1 part of Gateworld and reading the two line summary of each episode on the main page for each season. Chances are if Sam is mentioned, it's a fairly good Sam episode.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I too am worried about the lack of Sam in season 10 - but to be honest mainly for Amanda.

I really do not like the new show. It just doesn't sit well with me - for a number of reasons. I'm really not interested in the new format and probably won't watch the show unless Sam is actually featured much more than advertised and in the positive way she was in seasons 1 to 6.

I'm just hoping that Amanda is okay with everything that is going down and if she is less than happy - then I really feel for her. Her enigmatic portrayal of Sam Carter - along with the excellent humour from the writers -have given me a great deal of escapist joy. SG1 was a pure joy to watch after a very trying day at the office.

Amanda has given so much of herself to the show and is such a talented actress that the changes that have taken place have upset and amazed me - I'm mainly upset for Amanda as it seems that it is her and her character which has lost out the most - but also for MS and CJ.

Whoever has made these unnecessary changes has neither the heart nor grace that Amanda possesses in spades and they should really be ashamed of themselves - not necessarily because they have made changes, but in the way these changes have been brought in.

I myself hope that when Amanda feels it is time to move on from the show she finds success elsewhere - where her heart lies - perhaps in theatre.

If the general viewing public are as disappointed as I in the direction of the show it won't be carrying on much longer anyway. I think the person in charge has lost the plot.

The title of the show is Stargate SG1 but it isn't focused around the team much anymore and they don't seem to focus on the Stargate much.

On the upside no one can take away Amanda's contribution to the show, her acting ability, her great personality, her huge kindness to her fans and the fact she has delivered one awesome character to the sci fi viewing public. These are the things which really mean something. If season 10 sucks it sucks - I'm just thankful I found seasons 1 to 8 and then this great thread - where have have met some wonderfully kind and generous peeps. I'm sure whatever Amanda does she will continue to have a positive effect on a large number of people in all sorts of ways. She's the only star in my eyes - that's for sure
                                Wonderful post, Coley!

Comment

Working...
                                X