• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    vala-gate
    actually, at that point, it was cam-gate. you'll note the order:
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      They really should have changed the name of the show with season 9. This way less people would be complaining now about the changes to the formula. Not 4 leads, or 3 actually like in season 8, but 5 in season 9 and 6 now. I really hope it works for Amanda and she has no reasons to complain about less screen time for Sam's character. Don't forget btw, that Michael is not present in 4 episodes this season, bigger chance for more Sam in these episodes, don't you think?
      I'm amazed that you would be so bold as to state what Amanda should or shouldn't complain about regarding the direction of the show and her character.

In the event I'm most certain Amanda is far too wise and far too gracious to complain at this point. IMO she has every right to be disapointed at less screen time and so would any actor in her position. Your statement really has no logic at all.

In the event I'm complaining about it and as a veteran of 8 seasons I think I too have every right to complain about less Sam

This is a pro sam/at thread - perhaps you could post some pro sam comments and without linking them to vala? That would be nice!

Comment

i won't bet anything on it.
        Very wise.

I'd probably have a better chance with the Euromillions lottery - and that's got over 76 million to 1 odds for winning the jackpot.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

vala-gate
          Boy you're on a roll Sky - still can't green you though!!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            actually, at that point, it was cam-gate. you'll note the order:
            Unless there is something of the characters I actually like in Season Ten, I don't see either Cam-gate or Vala-gate keeping me awake, much less entertained.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I used to watch the reruns and still will watch old episodes on Stargate Mondays. Now I can take or leave the repeats--except for the Valagate episodes which I will skip entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I read that interview too, and still don't feel good about RCC being in charge. Everyone was supposedly having a great time last year, but it didn't mean we had a great show.

OOPS -- SNARK ATTACK!

EDIT: Think about the ship.....deep breath.....think about the ship.....calm....peaceful......think about the ship.....
                Too true - just because "everyone is having a great time" doesn't mean we won't get a crapfest for S10 just like S9. I too was not impressed with this interview - to me it seemed he was trying waaay too hard to convince people how great the "new" show and "new" enemy are - maybe this means they won't be pimping mitchell and vala until we're ready to puke but they'll pimp the "new" enemies, adria and oreos, until we puke. cooper does not impress me as he always seems to be begging in his sort of way and I take everything, EVERYTHING, he says with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila).

It is disappointing that he spoke so much about SG1 as it does not bode well for him stepping AWAY from SG1 to go ruin SGA - but at least BW has been more present so far on SG1 so maybe there still is hope and they are slowly transitioning cooper to SGA and BW to SG1 by having them both talk about both shows early on and then making the switch (fingers and eyes crossed).

On topic - Carter is the only member of SG1 mentioned - maybe tere is hope but again cooper is, IMO, not to be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  OMG, is that apt for some of our views about certain characters...
                  lolol

and i thought snark-gate was over
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                    RCC is writing the first episode of season 10 only at the moment, as far as I know. Majority of the season is going to be penned by Joe/Paul again and the rest of boys and I really hope they're listening to actors suggestions. Actually RCC's interview confirms they're listening
                    but he's stil lthe show runner. and we all know he shut AT down in one PARTICULAR ep that he neither directed nor wrote, he was just the executive producer.

really? where in the interview?!?!! sorry, i didn't really....finish it...
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      Too true - just because "everyone is having a great time" doesn't mean we won't get a crapfest for S10 just like S9. I too was not impressed with this interview - to me it seemed he was trying waaay too hard to convince people how great the "new" show and "new" enemy are - maybe this means they won't be pimping mitchell and vala until we're ready to puke but they'll pimp the "new" enemies, adria and oreos, until we puke. cooper does not impress me as he always seems to be begging in his sort of way and I take everything, EVERYTHING, he says with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila).

It is disappointing that he spoke so much about SG1 as it does not bode well for him stepping AWAY from SG1 to go ruin SGA - but at least BW has been more present so far on SG1 so maybe there still is hope and they are slowly transitioning cooper to SGA and BW to SG1 by having them both talk about both shows early on and then making the switch (fingers and eyes crossed).

On topic - Carter is the only member of SG1 mentioned - maybe tere is hope but again cooper is, IMO, not to be trusted.
                      No, really--how do you feel? I agree--too often "having fun" making a film or show leads to a bad result. Was it JM who said he had fun writing
                      Spoiler:
                      the scavenger hunt episode?
                      And we all know how *that* turned out. Well, at least I found that one of the worst episodes ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

This is a pro sam/at thread - perhaps you could post some pro sam comments and without linking them to vala? That would be nice!
                        no, cause you see, not only is vala going to take over sam's place on the show and push her to the background, the vala fans are going to take over sam's place on this board and do thier best to vala-ify everything and anything

Guess they're bored gushing amongst themselves, they gotta come and gush all over us too. In a way, it's a lot like Origin.

Thou must accept that Vala is the center of the universe...or we will harrass and pester you until you do accept that vala is the only character on the shwo

sigpic

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs--I'm inordinately pleased by the mere mention of Sam. I thought his discussion of "character moments" for Atlantis was very ironic given the dearth of them in SG1 lately.
                          I agree that snippet from cooper on SGA character moments made laugh at him - I do that a lot when he's the subject of an interview he's such a putz. It is soo ironic what he said because that is exactly what is glaringly absent from SG1 and has been for a couple of seasons now, IMO (hhmmm - funny how that correspnds with cooper's dismal run as showrunner) - the fans have been saying and are still saying that they want SG1 together and to have those moments -- especially the BIG 3 - too bad he has his head so far up his a$$ that he hears SGA when the fans say SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            but he's stil lthe show runner. and we all know he shut AT down in one PARTICULAR ep that he neither directed nor wrote, he was just the executive producer.

really? where in the interview?!?!! sorry, i didn't really....finish it...
                            they actually have a long standing habit of IGNORING the actors lately. It seems that the only time/way they'd listen to the actors' input was when RDA was there to make them

sigpic

Comment

because i see how RCC treats amanda. I see how he insults her by talking to CB and the rest while amanda is left to hang and is ignored. I see how he can't say enough about vala/claudia while he pointedly ignored amanda.

I swear, if i didn't know she was married, i'd think there was another braga/jeri ryan situation going on.

rcc treats sam like crud. always has. he writes her as a pining girlfriend adn can't see how to write her as anything else. and he thinks that the world revolved around vala. given that he consistently and constantly sacrifices characters to get a joke/quip, i can totally see him sacrificing sam to make vala look good or to get a vala joke in.

he signed off on 6 episodes of vala sexually harrassing daniel just because he thought it was funny...and he likes daniel. what do y ou think he'll do with a character that he doesn't like?

RCC loves vala and i firmly believe that he will sacrifice every other character on the show to pander to vala. Sam among them.

RCC does not understand women, can't write them and will fall so in love wiht the jokes and quips that he will destroy anything and everything to further vala.
                              we all know Sky it is a case of very sad weak male (RCC) being intimidated by strong, sexy intelligent female (AT). Plain as the nose. He has been undermining Sam for a while and now with RDA and MG gone he has just totally lost it. Any chap who creates a character like Vala, pimps her like RCC is doing and then claims she's fun, exciting and interesting is quite frankly one can short of a six pack. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad for the man!!

AT has dignity - I doubt RCC knows what that is!!

Comment

No, really--how do you feel? I agree--too often "having fun" making a film or show leads to a bad result. Was it JM who said he had fun writing
                                Spoiler:
                                the scavenger hunt episode?
                                And we all know how *that* turned out. Well, at least I found that one of the worst episodes ever.
                                fun does not equal 'good'

especially when these boys are behind the keyboard

I rembmer that JM said that Revisions was one of his favorite eps of s7....and i slept through it and thought that it was one of hte most boring and ill conceived and bland episodes of the year

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X