Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    you know what i'd like to see??? sam and maybourne showdown.

i mean, think about it.

yes, he did help her in the foothold thing. but it's his fault she was kidnapped by conrad. conrad used the goauld that harry procured for him. then he zatted her in PL, methinks sam might wanna kick some harry tush
    i can just see jack standing there the way he did in Allegiance. Harry: "Jack...a little help?!!" Jack: "sam...stop."
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

page 2???? no, no, no

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Yea Deejay was finally able to get the bad fic up on ff.net since the name of the author is Samanda I thought it appropriate to post the link here I hope you enjoy http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2892277/1/
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          "Well, sir, just because the Furlings resemble Earth mammals externally doesn't mean they're physiologically similar, or that they can't be oviporous."

"O - vaporous? Carter!"

"Egg-laying, sir. It means reproducing by laying eggs, and hatching the young from them."

"Oh, man - I always knew there was something wrong with those Cadbury eggs they sell at Easter!"

"Sir - those are just candy. Real rabbits, let alone the Easter Bunny, aren't involved at all!"

"Says you, Carter. Personally - I'm never eatin' that end of a chocolate, um, Furling again! Now... you stay here and keep an eye on the Furling... baby shower... and I'll go round up T and Daniel."

'...great. I'm gonna lock myself in my lab and not answer the door when people want to know who's eating the tops off the chocolate rabbits and leaving little, hollow, chocolate bunny hineys all over the SGC next Easter...'
          "Yes, sir."

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

the gutter gals finally manage to get to sam. next on the list; maybourne!

(ps, my aren't we quite tonight?)

Comment

yes, we are way too quiet

ok, first, VOTE for hte best sam eps of s2 please.

you have until sunday to pm me your vote

and i still have 2 eps running neck and neck, so every vote counts

second....ok for a topic...what do you think Sam does for easter?

and what is her favorite easter candy?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One of my favorites from Snarkgate
                Originally posted by Skydiver
                nox
                Leaf the aliens alone
                LOL everytime I think of that one Sky!

And... for those still in a snarky mood... and for those who want some more Wormhole Extreme.. here's a little fanfic with some succinctly snarky comments about Sam's character development over the past couple of years.
                The Most Improbable Solution to the SGC's Problem
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2891998/1/

Comment

I have uploaded more pictures from the Vancouver Con. Including a few more of AT you can see them all here

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                    How about she is the SGC's new troubleshooter, a special position that reports directly to General Landry and takes advantage of ALL her skills; military, scientific and her general coolness. Then when she doesn't have a special project going, like taking SG-5 out in Prototype or running the rescue mission for Teal'c, she helps out on SG-1 breaking in Lt Colonel Greenie
                    I've been giving this a lot of thought over the past week or so, and I'm beginning to wonder if their plan might be to
                    Spoiler:
                    give Sam command of whatever our new ship is. They said the command issue would be resolved in S10, and that would be a way to do it without making either Sam or their Cam fans angry. Sam gets a bigger command.....and Mitchell gets SG-1.....and no one can really be mad about it, ya know?

It would also explain Sam making trips to Atlantis on a regular basis in S10. At this point, I see only two potential problems arising from this scenario:

1. Sam needs a more substantive role than any of those starship commanders have had (except maybe Caldwell--he's been key in several SGA eps).
                    2. So far, our starships have been getting blown away on a regular basis! I don't want anything to happen to Sam!

(No wonder the U. S. military pays $600 for a hammer! They slough off the rest of the money to build new starships!!!)

Comment

HAPPY EASTOVER everyone!

Thought I'd bump the thread with a little introspective strong!Sam moment (through the eyes of a season nine Jack O'Neill). It's taken from "Intermezzo" by Anunnaki (with permission).

I keep wishing we'll get to see a little Carter through Jack's POV in season ten.

Spoiler:
                      non shippers beware
                      Spoiler:

In that single look, he saw her love for him, and her fear—every facet of it. He recognized her courage and determination. Her passion for life and liberty and the depth to which she shared his pain. He saw the 2IC she was, and the commander she'd become. And all of it enmeshed to form a whole more brilliant and more vibrant than any soul he'd ever known. He saw a partnership he wasn't certain he was worthy of sharing in, but he accepted that she thought he somehow was. Because he knew.

There were some things in life so precious that not even the hope of galactic peace could begin to outshine them. Some things were special; sacred and not to be altered. Impossible to put into words without messing the whole thing up, and yet ... so real, there didn't seem to be a need.

Watching Carter fight—along side SG-1—while the fate of the entire human race hung so precariously in the balance; watching her drive hope into every tomorrow, without faltering; without fail. And getting to hold her in his arms when she came home at night and needed peace. Watching her live ... with quiet strength and so much faith amidst all of it ... was one of those things for him. Was one of those things—for always.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        HAPPY EASTOVER everyone!

Thought I'd bump the thread with a little introspective strong!Sam moment (through the eyes of a season nine Jack O'Neill). It's taken from "Intermezzo" by Anunnaki (with permission).

I keep wishing we'll get to see a little Carter through Jack's POV in season ten.

Spoiler:
                        non shippers beware
                        Spoiler:
                        Rolling sideways, he slipped out of bed and turned, catching her watching him from behind.

In that single look, he saw her love for him, and her fear—every facet of it. He recognized her courage and determination. Her passion for life and liberty and the depth to which she shared his pain. He saw the 2IC she was, and the commander she'd become. And all of it enmeshed to form a whole more brilliant and more vibrant than any soul he'd ever known. He saw a partnership he wasn't certain he was worthy of sharing in, but he accepted that she thought he somehow was. Because he knew.

There were some things in life so precious that not even the hope of galactic peace could begin to outshine them. Some things were special; sacred and not to be altered. Impossible to put into words without messing the whole thing up, and yet ... so real, there didn't seem to be a need.

Watching Carter fight—along side SG-1—while the fate of the entire human race hung so precariously in the balance; watching her drive hope into every tomorrow, without faltering; without fail. And getting to hold her in his arms when she came home at night and needed peace. Watching her live ... with quiet strength and so much faith amidst all of it ... was one of those things for him. Was one of those things—for always.

Annie's writing is always so special! Looks like this one is no exception. Thanks for sharing, mg! I downloaded that one yesterday, but am reading the other new one first.

Comment

Ohhh.. where might one get one's eager little hands on this fic????!!!!

HAPPY EASTOVER everyone!

Spoiler:
                          non shippers beware
                          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            Ohhh.. where might one get one's eager little hands on this fic????!!!!

I think the only place it's all posted is ff.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/~anunnaki

That one's called "Intermezzo" (it's from the third part).

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I think the only place it's all posted is ff.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/~anunnaki

That one's called "Intermezzo" (it's from the third part).

*delurks to snurtch link and run away again*

I've been very sick all week. Then had to do 9 hours of work downtown today for my show... need... fic...
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Huh.....

The actress who played Sarah/Osiris is in Dr. Who tonight.....

Comment

Working...
                                X