Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 Sam eps???

Well there was a lot of great AT Sam stuff. Too many to list. Some great acting moments and it was about the second season I began to sit up and really take note of Amanda rather than Sam.

I loved The Serpents Lair - great soldier sam ep and a great team ep too. Amanda plays soldier perfectly. From one of the commentaries she says she used to play in the streets using sticks as guns. Wonder if she played with her brother and his mates?!! Anyway Amanda's physicality in the role is just awesome.

In the line duty - Amanda plays an arrogant Goauld at the beginning. I have always though that the only weak spot Amanda has as an actor is playing real mean and nasty. Maybe because she has never felt that herself??? Anyway she did a great stab at this when she threatened to blow them all away with the grenade!!

Need has one of my fave Amanda acting moments - right at the end - 3 seconds worth in response to O'Neill's "Cater got some Naquadah" Just class acting it had me squeeling in glee. Amanda was great in the whole ep - so too RDA.

Message in a Bottle - love the fact Sam keeps trying to find the solution - she doesn't give up. And her reaction to Daniel's faux pas about her admirer was great.

Secrets - this gave us some wonderful and very believable interaction between Sam and Jacob. I just loved this. I loved they way both actors chose to play their parts - just perfect and it set a wonderful foundation for their future interactions. Who on earth needs big star names when you have actors like these waiting in the wings?

A Matter of Time - another great ep I missed Dnaiel being in it - but there were some great moments between Sam and Teal'c - and I did like O'Neill getting peeved at her - added some realism. This ep again shows Sam's wonderful determination and tenacity and Amanda delivered a whole lot of technobabble seemingly with casual ease.

1969 - I think my fave ep og the wholoe season. A team ep - my favourites. I just loved the warm exchange between the 60's flower girl and Sam too!!

So much to chose from but at this moment in time Sky - you can put me down for A Matter of Time. Cool Carter saves the day again under intense pressure.

Carter - by this time I really needed my daily fix and I'd found the best Sci Fi character ever - male or female.

Amanda - you go for it in season 10!!
    Last edited by Coley; 13 April 2006, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Oooh I have a big Fear here, I'm afraid Sky will stop writting SG1 srories and start writting stories for Wormhole Extreme
      Don't do it Sky, or TPTB might take your stories and put them in S10
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        looks like s8 going by the tank top, and that thor is about to beam her up/down
        Either that or she's ascending, and well, we all know how cliche THAT would be.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

In To The Fire
          In Search fo the Elusive Mole

Shades of Grey
          Still Searching for the Mole

Need
          Daniel gets the girl and Jack gets to sleep next to Sam (This one's for you MajorSal )

Fire and Water
          Sushi Anyone?

Matter of Time
          Donuts and Wormholes, is there really a difference?

Massage in a Bottle
          AU will never be seen on SciFi
          Last edited by Mandysg1; 13 April 2006, 10:51 AM.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            RealmOfX...why are Daniel and Teal'c standing on boxes in that pic w/Carter in your sig? MS and CJ are already taller than AT...why do they need such dramatic lifts?
            I think it's because they placed AT so predominantly in the foreground, and the only way to do that and still see the guys was to put them on the boxes behind her. Because of AT's placement in the picture, she's actually meant to be the first thing you look at, I think.

The thing is, I've seen professionally photoshopped (or whatever) versions of those, where they're all placed in front of some cool background, and you can't see the white backdrop or the boxes. Those ones are cooler, but I like this because it's kind of a behind-the-scenes pic-within-a-pic looking pic.

ETA: I really need to read the whole thread before I reply to this things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirel
              Came across this pic on stargatecaps.com, think it's a really pretty one, because of the beam:
              Sam: Sir, we discussed this, just because you're the general doesn't mean you can do what ever you want.

Jack:But Carter, I had them put this light in only for when you come into my office.

Sam:I know Sir, but how many times do I have to tell you, the black t-shirt is not see through.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Season 2 Sam eps???

Well there was a lot of great AT Sam stuff. Too many to list. Some great acting moments and it was about the second season I began to sit up and really take note of Amanda rather than Sam.

... Secrets - this gave us some wonderful and very believable interaction between Sam and Jacob. I just loved this. I loved they way both actors chose to play their parts - just perfect and it set a wonderful foundation for their future interactions. Who on earth needs big star names when you have actors like these waiting in the wings?

A Matter of Time ... This ep again shows Sam's wonderful determination and tenacity and Amanda delivered a whole lot of technobabble seemingly with casual ease.

1969 - I think my fave ep of the whole season. A team ep - my favourites. I just loved the warm exchange between the 60's flower girl and Sam too!!

So much to choose from but at this moment in time Sky - you can put me down for A Matter of Time. Cool Carter saves the day again under intense pressure.

Carter - by this time I really needed my daily fix and I'd found the best Sci Fi character ever - male or female.

Amanda - you go for it in season 10!!
                Coley, this is an excellent summary of the entire Season Two and I couldn't green you!

I hope Amanda gets to read many of these recent pages because Samandans are really on a roll here and it should make AT feel so good about her acting and what she has given all of us these past nine years.

Repeating what you say above:

Amanda, you go girl!!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  Nice photo - anyone know the ep it is from?
                  If you look at the photo's properties it tells you the episode... 816... so 8th season 16 episode... which I'm assuming is Reckoning I when Thor beams Sam up to his ship just as she's talking to Jack. I believe Walter just interupted them to tell Sam Thor was going to beam her up just as it was happening which is why she's looking that way. I loved this scene and the one when she comes running/beaming back into Jack's office.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    In To The Fire
                    In Search fo the Elusive Mole

Shades of Grey
                    Still Searching for the Mole

Need
                    Daniel gets the girl and Jack gets to sleep next to Sam (This one's for you MajorSal )

Fire and Water
                    Sushi Anyone?

Matter of Time
                    Donuts and Wormholes, is there really a difference?

Massage in a Bottle
                    Massage in a Bottle? Little Freudian slip there perhaps?

During a late night massage, Sam grabs the wrong bottle of body oils causing Jack's skin to turn fluorescent blue.
                    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 April 2006, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      You know (sorry Sky about the OT), I was chatting to one of my old tutors who asked me who my marks were overall, and I said, "Well, I'm getting 2:1s with no effort at all". I was about to add "yeah, I know, if I put in a little effort, then I guess I could get firsts" but she interrupted by saying "so why bother putting in the effort." She even suggested that I resubmit a first year project for the fourth year!!! I was shocked.

You say you're.... you're not my sneaky, Samanda-lurking French tutor, are you?
                      Ha, ha--no. My francais est tres mal. (did I get some of the words right? It's been *ages* since French class for moi.)
                      To make this OnTopic --I bet AT did well at Drama School.

Comment

The Light: Turn on, Tune in, Drop Out

and taking off of Sky's :Jolinar's Memories
                        Go to hell, no really, go to hell

Go to hell, do not pass Go, do not collect $200

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
                          I have to say I never considered that option. If the ship is resolved and she wants to be with Jack, I guess technically they could offer her the promotion, but she actually resignes her comission and stays on as a civilian contributor (as Daniel is) so she can get around the regs to be with Jack, because isn't he still her CO in terms of being hed of HWS? (Please, no throwing things, just an idea).
                          ok, i know i'm way behind the times here, but i feel compelled to respond here. i would hate if this happened, and i don't think it will, but i've been proved wrong before. its one thing for a "what if" senario in a fan fic, but totally different for the show. if they really had to clear up the leadership thing in terms of one of them leading the other, and they wanted cam to lead the team, then i would want them to promote sam and give her command of one of earths ships. i think any clairification we get will be to say that they are the same rank, and that they are both leaders of the team depending on the situation. but if sam were to leave the air force for personal reasons (to be with someone) i think it would not only be a cop-out, but a demeaning one.

and as for the possibility of
                          Spoiler:

cam getting a promotion to make him the clear leader of sg1, anything is possible with some of these guys. someone asked what has he done to earn it? well thats the beauty of writing a character so inconsistantly, and with no clear character background. that and the general canon changing that goes on to suit the plot. they can say that cam has been a lt. col. for as long as they want. they can invent some amazing thing that he's done that we never saw. they can do almost anything they want. we might only have seen him "earn" his place on sg1 by having his 302 get shot down or whatever, but they can just write in anything they want at any time to suit their own purposes.

will they do the same for sam so that they can promote her, or say that she's been training cam in for leadership or that she is the team leader or anything positive? well, i'm sure we've all had greater suprises in life before, but in my experience, not so much. TPTB magic 8 ball says ask again later. its been saying that for 3 MONTHS NOW!!!!!

well. i hope this wasn't too far in the past for this thread. sorry for the interuption. i'll get back to catching up now. please return to your scheduled conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Massage in a Bottle

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Massage in a Bottle? Little Freudian slip there perhaps?

During a late night massage, Sam grabs the wrong bottle of body oils causing Jack's skin to turn fluorescent blue.
                            Nope not a slip, that's why its AU and will never be seen on Scifi, cause your description is right on

Edit: Oooh are you starting a new bad fic
                            Last edited by Mandysg1; 13 April 2006, 02:13 PM.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost

Off The Grid:
                              Mary Poppins, drug lord.
                              LOL!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Ha, ha--no. My francais est tres mal. (did I get some of the words right? It's been *ages* since French class for moi.)
                                To make this OnTopic --I bet AT did well at Drama School.
                                You are very much on topic since AT had to take French in grade school and high school just like the rest of us. Hmm? I wonder if she remembers her French as well as I do
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X