Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Exactly.

I keep going back to this: "...it must be so outstanding that it clearly distinguishes his gallantry beyond the call of duty from lesser forms of bravery; it must involve the risk of his life; and it must be of the type of deed which, if he had not done it, would not subject him to any justified criticism."

Has Sam had any moment that sticks out like this? Something that fits that criteria?
    Possibilities:

Into the Fire - when Sam volunteered to go alone back into Hathor's fortress in order to shut down the shield generators (although her actions after leaving the group were only witnessed by Jack, it might be argued that the results spoke for themselves...)

Foothold - Sam goes back into the occupied mountain alone in order to try to set up her device designed to interfere with the alien "impersonation" technology... I'm sure she could have pleaded exhaustion and skipped out on that part if she'd wanted to after she'd convinced Maybourne there was a problem.

Fail Safe - all of them might qualify for undertaking such a mission in a rickety ship to stop the astroid, especially knowing the odds were against them

Avenger 2.0 - Sam and Felger volunteer to go alone into occupied territory to try to remove the virus from the gate system knowing that if they failed they'd have no way to get home and would most likely be captured by Ba'al

Ethon - Sam stays on the Prometheus to help others get off before evacuating herself

Matter of Time - everyone who volunteered to go back into the mountain to set off the bomb might qualify, particularly O'Neill and his buddy, but anyone who went down had to have known it could easily be a suicide mission

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Possibilities:

Into the Fire - when Sam volunteered to go alone back into Hathor's fortress in order to shut down the shield generators (although her actions after leaving the group were only witnessed by Jack, it might be argued that the results spoke for themselves...)

Foothold - Sam goes back into the occupied mountain alone in order to try to set up her device designed to interfere with the alien "impersonation" technology... I'm sure she could have pleaded exhaustion and skipped out on that part if she'd wanted to after she'd convinced Maybourne there was a problem.

Fail Safe - all of them might qualify for undertaking such a mission in a rickety ship to stop the astroid, especially knowing the odds were against them

Avenger 2.0 - Sam and Felger volunteer to go alone into occupied territory to try to remove the virus from the gate system knowing that if they failed they'd have no way to get home and would most likely be captured by Ba'al

Ethon - Sam stays on the Prometheus to help others get off before evacuating herself

Matter of Time - everyone who volunteered to go back into the mountain to set off the bomb might qualify, particularly O'Neill and his buddy, but anyone who went down had to have known it could easily be a suicide mission
      What about 'Camelot'? Would that qualify, especially if she manages to destroy the Ori supergate?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Samandan assignment.

I'm looking for snarky subtitles for each SG-1 episode. Sam-themed preferred but if not, that's fine too.

For instance...

Children of the Gods...or...Sam Dives Headlong into the Puddle.

Okay ... that's not that snarky, but I'm rushin' (no, not Russian) to write this post.

So...ideas? Start a-postin' away.
        Ooh...how about for Ripple Effect...

Ripple Effect...or..."Proof that There's No Such Thing as Too Many Carters"

Huh? Huh?!??? How's that one, eh?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Samandan assignment.

I'm looking for snarky subtitles for each SG-1 episode. Sam-themed preferred but if not, that's fine too.

For instance...

Children of the Gods...or...Sam Dives Headlong into the Puddle.

Okay ... that's not that snarky, but I'm rushin' (no, not Russian) to write this post.

So...ideas? Start a-postin' away.
          Children of the Gods...or...101 ways not to piss off your grumpy Colonel
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Yep that's exactly what I meant
            thanks for helping me extract my foot from my mouth mini
            No problem hun. I know just what that feels like. When you say something, that might sorta sound like you meant something else, only you didn't, and then someone decides you did and posts a rebuttal, after which everyone reads the rebuttal and thinks you did, because they didn't read what you said, they just read the rebuttal, and then... d'oh, do I sound bitter? Nevermind.

Long Live The Carter!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Ooh...how about for Ripple Effect...

Ripple Effect...or..."Proof that There's No Such Thing as Too Many Carters"

Huh? Huh?!??? How's that one, eh?
              I like it.

Comment

Emancipation... or... Kidnapping Carter Is Never A Wise Move.

Comment

In the Line of Duty...or "Sam Gets Snaked (and not in a good way)."

WHAT??!???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Annnnd, today's stinky joke of the day award goes to....!!!

Q: How many Carters does it take to realign the Stargate to the correct quantum reality?

A: 100. 1 to fix the gate. 1 to go rogue and kidnap the one trying to fix the gate. And 98 to sit around in the break room and discuss their (various) relationship(s) with JACK.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hathor... or... Carter Vs A Queen Goa'uld - Who Did You Think Would Win?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        Hathor... or... Carter Vs A Queen Goa'uld - Who Did You Think Would Win?

We are amused.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Annnnd, today's stinky joke of the day award goes to....!!!

Q: How many Carters does it take to realign the Stargate to the correct quantum reality?

A: 100. 1 to fix the gate. 1 to go rogue and kidnap the one trying to fix the gate. And 98 to sit around in the break room and discuss their (various) relationship(s) with JACK.
                          Oooh snarky very snarky...and the Snarky award goes to ...
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

First Commandment...or...Thour shalt listen to Sam

Solitudes...or 101 ways to cuddle with your Colonel
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Need... or... Sometimes The Voices In Your Head Are Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                First Commandment...or...Thour shalt listen to Sam

Solitudes...or 101 ways to cuddle with your Colonel
                                I was thinking for Solitudes:

Solitudes...or..."Watch Out...that First Step's a Doozie"

Comment

Working...
                                X