• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    And a reminder, vote vote, vote for the best sam eps of season two

right now i have 20 votes for 4 eps...and two of those are tied

so vote, vote, vote

you have all week but don't procrastinate
    Can I vote ahead on Seasons 3 and 4, cause I'm going to be gone for two weeks starting next monday. Vacation in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Okay, what did I miss? Cause Cam and Lam? Never got that...but that could seriously be because of my aversion to Dr. Suess ships.

Jack and Janet? I know I missed something here! Explain, please!
      there were hints. such as them getting out of the elevator and cam buttoning his shirt. his defensiveness of her when the other guys were talking about her. nothing really obvious but something that did suggest that they'd known each other in the past

and joe did make mention of it IIRC

jack and janet was hinted at back in broca divide. but it was a fledgling ship that never got off the ground

jan and dan was played up a bit more, largely by the actors than the writers
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Can I vote ahead on Seasons 3 and 4, cause I'm going to be gone for two weeks starting next monday. Vacation in Florida.
        since y ou're going on vacation, you can.

no one else though. I don't wanna keep too much of a list please

sigpic

Comment

Well now, to be fair, it was Daniel who brought up movie night. Cam just picked out the movie. A really, really bad movie, yes...but I didn't see Cam as trying to force them into movie night.
          No it was the writers trying to force it on us, just like "getting the band back together"

Here's a link to the online bidding page, read the description they have for the show, there is something very interesting in there
          https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

since y ou're going on vacation, you can.

no one else though. I don't wanna keep too much of a list please
            Thank you!

Comment

i don't know how much is forcinig it and how much is them just really trying to be 'teamy'

they just don't have much grace when it comes to stuff like that

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                What was it exactly? It must have been so horrible that I've blocked it from memory.
                Originally Posted by ReganX
                Thankfully, I don't remember it.
                If it involved Mitchell trying to force Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to join him for a night of watching movies and "bonding", then it would have been funny if they had announced that they all had plans, and then the three of them had proceeded to Jack's cabin for an SG-1 reunion.
                Deejay435 Quote:
                Well now, to be fair, it was Daniel who brought up movie night. Cam just picked out the movie. A really, really bad movie, yes...but I didn't see Cam as trying to force them into movie night.
                It sounds like
                Spoiler:
                the end scene from the Bugs ep, when Teal'c suggested a movie and Cam came up with Starship Troopers, a movie about, HAHA, giant bugs. Teal'c asked if it was funny, and Cam said it was. Sam and Daniel didn't seem to have any comment on the choice, having only agreed to hang out.

Reason I thought it was off-ish was because the team had just finished a briefing where an entire science team in addition to security personnel died horrific deaths by the alien bugs. They and the International Observers barely escaped themselves. Why the writers thought this was Cam-humor is lost on me.

Just sayin', that ending kinda creeped me out, if that is what you're referring to. But on the other hand, a fave Season 9 Sam ep for me.
                Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 11 April 2006, 05:40 PM.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  No it was the writers trying to force it on us, just like "getting the band back together"

Here's a link to the online bidding page, read the description they have for the show, there is something very interesting in there
                  That's hilarious! Thanks for the link.
                  Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

i don't know how much is forcinig it and how much is them just really trying to be 'teamy'

One thing we knew with the original cast, and some different PTB (rick being an executive producer) the commaradarie (sp?) wasn't forced. I guess a happy cast makes for a happy team.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

just because she is an awesome lady and actor

Comment

You're right. That might be one of the things that the writers are better to leave to the actors-let them get the 'teaminess' across.

Originally posted by mandysg1
                        Huh. I've been to that page dozens of times but never really read it. Major Mitchell? Don't I wish! I wonder where they got their information?

Comment

One thing we knew with the original cast, and some different PTB (rick being an executive producer) the commaradarie (sp?) wasn't forced. I guess a happy cast makes for a happy team.
                          i think that does have a lot to do with it.

if the actors get along, then the characters get along

sigpic

Comment

ok, don't get me wrong. i'm not saying that they don't get along on the set. what i am saying is that rick, amanda, chris and michael were friends in real life (and still do socialize) and so it was likely easier for their charcters to be friends on the show

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              Just out of curiousity I watched the commercials during sci-fi Monday and it seemed ot me that a majority of the commercials are geared towtards working people (UPS Smallbusiness, Staples, IBM), homeowners (Clorox toilet cleaners, Centrum Vitamins, Duracell batteries, Lock-Tite Power GRab caulking, Oral B Toothbrush, Lime away bathroo/rust cleaner, Moen Plumbing fixtures, Lysol), adults (bankruptcy help with CareOne, the History Channel, Land Rover, Mazda, Jaguar, Honda, Int'l Car show, Optimum Autos, Mercury Car Insurance, Best Western, Sam AdAms, and your everyday ads like Bud Light (set in an office), Country Crock Shedd Spread Butter, Verizon Wireless, AOL, Netscape, various movies and DVDs, KFC, Subway, Burger King, Fig Newtons, Listerine Pocket Mints, Olive Garden. I did not see a lot of ads that scream to that elusive demographic the poeple that work on this show are falling all over themselves to attract and I doubt that elusive demo has the disposable income for some of these things especially Land Rovers and Jaguars and I doubt that ads like Lime Away, Listerine Pocket Mints, Oral B toothbrushes, Centrum Vitamins, Moen Plumbing fixtures, Lock-Tite caulking, Lysol, Clorox Toilet Cleaners or UPS for their small business needs are targeting THAT demographic. I found the ads very interesting - not in the asd sense but in what we are seeing as ads for this show, telling to me.

(Geez I really need to get a life right now.) There are a LOT of examples here to help make the point - who's watching this show?? Seems like they are targeting a little bit of everyone EXCEPT that elusive demographic. (Maybe I'll watch the commercials Friday (I won't be watching the repeat of, I think this one is CD but not sure as I cannot really tell which is which from S9 since I don't really care), if I am around, to see if they skew differently.) Sorry , not coming around too much because as you can see still bitter and still negative but just wanted to share the commercial stuff - not that anyone else is as hard-up as me for something to find interesting these days.)
                              I've been kind of keeping tabs on the commercials for some time, and most don't seem to target those young males they talk about.....even on Friday night, when they claim to dominate the demographic. So, someone else is obviously watching the show and has the money, or the sales dept. at Skiffy just isn't doing its job. I believe it's the former.....

Comment

Here's what I would like to see, Sam tells Landry that Cam's been leader (cough* for a year now and he should be good on his own. Now she says she deserves to lead her own team SG13 and she'd like to pick her own team. Hearing about this, Daniel and Teal'c (being civilians) tell Cam see ya later and ask if they can join Sam's team. Then we could all watch the new and improved Stargate SG13

This is great - what channel cuz I'll be watching this show not S10 of SG1 (well what used ot be SG1).

Comment

Working...
                                X