Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Yep. Highly amusing. And TPTB - at least this season - love to help out in that regard, by perpetuating the idea that some people are bound by rules that others are not.

Consuming alcohol on base? Consuming alcohol off-world? Having the CMO be the general's daughter? Wha?!

And then you get into the fact that they're going to probably suggest that Daniel and Vala have some kind of... something going on. And they kinda suggested that Lam and Cam had some kind of... something in the past. Assuming Lam is back next season at all, they'll probably play that up (though it could be something like Janet/Jack, where they never, ever bring it up again).

It all comes down to priorities. Was the alcohol on base really necessary, or did they need an obvious way of showing that it was a "bad day." Was the alcohol off-world really necessary, or did they need a way to put Cameron and Alien Chick more at ease? Daddy Dearest and Dr. McBitter? Nice conflict, I suppose, but got kinda strained towards the end - and not really in a good way. Ended very anticlimactically, actually.

But what are there priorities? On what and whom do they want to focus?

I guess we'll find out once the series starts.
    Which episode did they suggest Cam/Lam had something in the past? And what was said? I must have missed that.
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Actually, I interpreted that section as her being with Jack, and Landry asking him to send her back. In a more personal sense. Sorry. I bat for Sally's team.
      i have a team?

raises for everyone!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
        Which episode did they suggest Cam/Lam had something in the past? And what was said? I must have missed that.
        Well... Mallozzi set the tone for potential ship LONG before any of the eps ever aired when he was online at GW. I think he meant it as a joke, but it turned into something a bit more later. The first "suggestion," I think, was TPTB. The second one was a bit more obvious in TFH1, when Cameron got all Alpha Male on the horny-toad Lieutenant for his lame comment about Dr. Lam. I think that was the last time we saw Dr. Lam, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          You're right, Deejay. The writers have their work cut out for them to make Mitchell's promotion over Sam palatable. It would help, I think if
          Spoiler:
          Landry took him aside and reminded him why he wanted Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c to be on his team in the first place: "so he could learn from the best." One of the biggest issues I had with Mitchell this season was that he never took their advice when it differed from what he wanted to do or what he believed. When Sam asked him to stay on earth in Arthur's Mantle... off he went. When she (they) told him not to get involved in Off the Grid, did he listen? No. Sure, he demonstrated that he was in command and could do whatever he wanted, but I would like him better if he actually paid attention to the far more experienced members of his team when they provided him with sound advice that went against his initial instincts. It didn't seem like he learned anything this season. This was compounded by the fact that he knew every detail about SG-1's past missions.

The Landry/Mitchell cabin scene could be a learning experience for him... unfortunately, I don't have much faith that the episode will be anything other than a "you're doing great, but you need to take a firmer hand in command now that you're promoted" pep-talk, with Mitchell going out and saving the team at the end to ensure that they see him properly as the hero he is. (And I do so hope I'm wrong about this.)
          You're right.

Spoiler:
          If the writers choose to use the cabin scene to have Landry pat Mitchell on the head and tell him that he's just the greatest, most brilliant and wonderfullest leader SG-1 ever had or could ever hope to have, they will be robbing the character of what could be a valuable learning and maturing experience for him.

He needs to point out that, as SG-1 worked just fine in the eight years they spent working together before he came along, if there is a problem now, it is not coming from Sam, Daniel or Teal'c.

Mitchell needs a wake-up call and/or a swift kick and having Landry provide it will help mature the character into somebody whose presence on SG-1 would not make me fear for the future of Earth.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Well... Mallozzi set the tone for potential ship LONG before any of the eps ever aired when he was online at GW. I think he meant it as a joke, but it turned into something a bit more later. The first "suggestion," I think, was TPTB. The second one was a bit more obvious in TFH1, when Cameron got all Alpha Male on the horny-toad Lieutenant for his lame comment about Dr. Lam. I think that was the last time we saw Dr. Lam, though.
            Thanks for answering!

Comment

All this talk of Mitchell being promoted or sole lead of SG1 is making me...
              oy where's my bucket
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                All this talk of Mitchell being promoted or sole lead of SG1 is making me...
                oy where's my bucket
                If it turns out that my fears of this happening are to be realized, I will need to keep one next to the couch when Season Ten begins.

It will be even more nauseating than those dreadful scenes with Mitchell and his friend in 'Stronghold'.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  If it turns out that my fears of this happening are to be realized, I will need to keep one next to the couch when Season Ten begins.

It will be even more nauseating than those dreadful scenes with Mitchell and his friend in 'Stronghold'.
                  I hate that episode. I have no idea why the writers keeping adding weird lines for his character about how he's a babe magnet. (He says something like "Avoid the part with me and the flight attendent).

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

Or that horrendous "Movie Night" scene
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

What was it exactly? It must have been so horrible that I've blocked it from memory.

Comment

I hate that episode. I have no idea why the writers keeping adding weird lines for his character about how he's a babe magnet. (He says something like "Avoid the part with me and the flight attendent).
                        I think what ticks me off most about 'Stronghold'is that it needn't have been a bad episode. The storyline with Teal'c, the Jaffa council and the return of Ba'al would have given them ample material - plus, I liked seeing Sam in charge. It was a refreshing change.

Had they announced that Mitchell had gone to visit a friend in hospital at the beginning and not mentioned him for the rest of the episode, concentrating instead on the plot that was actually interesting, 'Stronghold' would have been a good episode.

Comment

Thankfully, I don't remember it.

If it involved Mitchell trying to force Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to join him for a night of watching movies and "bonding", then it would have been funny if they had announced that they all had plans, and then the three of them had proceeded to Jack's cabin for an SG-1 reunion.

Comment

What was it exactly? It must have been so horrible that I've blocked it from memory.
                            I think its catchy, because I can't remember which episode it was from (may have been asleep) but at the end of the briefing everyone is at the table and Ham oh sorry Cam asks what movie are they watching for movie night, or something close to it. All I remember is feeling sick when I saw it
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I even forgot about that one too. I couldn't remember if it was Off the Grid or Ethon. Then I remembered it was from The Scourge. Can someone mindwipe
                              S9 for me please?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                                Can someone mindwipe S9 for me please?
                                Hypnosis might help.

Season Nine is just Cameron fantasizing about being a great hero while he's in hospital. None of it has happened and none of it ever will happen.

Sam is sitting by the pond at Jack's cabin, with Jack, Teal'c and Daniel close by and, after their weekend away, they're all going back to work at the SGC.

Comment

Working...
                                X