Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Here's what I would like to see, Sam tells Landry that Cam's been leader (cough* for a year now and he should be good on his own. Now she says she deserves to lead her own team SG13 and she'd like to pick her own team. Hearing about this, Daniel and Teal'c (being civilians) tell Cam see ya later and ask if they can join Sam's team. Then we could all watch the new and improved Stargate SG13
    Funnily enough, I actually started a story similar to this a couple of nights ago - insomnia has one or two advantages.

I figured that, given Sam's overwhelming qualifications, there was bound to be some among the higher-ups that would want her leadership skills and stargate experience utilised to the fullest and who would have Landry give her command of the next new SG team to be formed.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yeah, i think the costume dept needs to do some research. it was armed forces week on wheel of fortune and this little airmen (whose hair was longer than sam's by the way) had WAAAYYY more fruit salad on her dress uni than sam does. i think someone at bridge needs to get on the internet and find out what she would be entitled to and update her wardrobe a bit
      Ugh. Don't get me started on THAT.

EDIT: Not just on the dismal condition of Carter's decoration, but on Bridge's ability to do research. I mean, SOMEONE researched the Medal of Honor, right? And SOMEONE did that funky neuroscience research that turned up "we only use 10% of our brains". TWICE! Oy.
      Last edited by DEM; 11 April 2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
        Ugh. Don't get me started on THAT.

EDIT: Not just on the dismal condition of Carter's decoration, but on Bridge's ability to do research. I mean, SOMEONE researched the Medal of Honor, right? And SOMEONE did that funky neuroscience research that turned up "we only use 10% of our brains". TWICE! Oy.
        i have a list around somewhere. a LONG list.

and the MOH. ugh. not only was it stupid, it was insulting to the real men and woman that have won it, (as well as to sam and jack). (MOH is worth 15 points. air medal is worth 3)

LOL. that entire 10% myth makes me laugh (though i admit it would be neat). did they seriously fail high school science? or is there no internet access at bridge? ::googles 10% of brain.:: wow, look at that. "Neuroscience for Kids". must have been to complicated for them.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Hey guy,

Didn't we decide a while back that we thought Brad Wright was the master of the small character moments.

I wouldn't be too disheartened by the current spoilers yet... and I'll believe
          Spoiler:
          the promotion thing when I see it

It'll take 4 or 5 eps for change to happen in the writing... give it time.. plus you know.. 200th.. RDA.. that'll be good
          sigpic

Comment

Errrr, sorry to go OT here, but Myrth... I've just got your Replicarter sig up here and I can't decipher the three letters. It says sacrificed by...."***". I can't read it, but on first glance it looked like TJH which are my initials. I nearly freaked! Anyway, now I'm curious and need to know.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              In my version, Sam wasn't following an order at all. Sam was in Washington with Jack and Landry phoned Jack to ask for her back.
              Not at Area51 then?
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                Yup. No way will they promote Carter over Mitchell. As Sim points out, that would violate the laws of male-dominated, hierarchical society that insists that leading men must lead. And even if the people at Bridge wanted to change that, the people higher up the food chain would surely prevent them from doing it.

Okay, here's one for the bookkeeper. If I'm wrong, and they promote Carter over Mitchell, putting her in full command of SG-1, I'll put the first $40 down on a fruit basket for the writers.
                I'll write a letter of apology to "the Coop" for all the nasty thoughts that have crossed my mind concerning him and throw in a pack of LifeSavers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deejay435
                  Which, for me, would be fine-if they pushed them on-screen. He was right-unless and until we see the characters caring about each other-we, as an audience, will have a much harder time caring. It all comes back to showing not telling. SHOW us the 'new' team cares about and respects one another. Don't just tell us it's there. Show us the caring we used to see among Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c and show us some of that extending to Mitchell.

They know it needs to be done. I just hope that now, they'll be able to do it. And not just talk about it.
                  that's been the issue all season. too much telling and not enough showing...unless they were blowing stuff up that is. (or dealing with cleavage)

Yes but they'll show how much they care by having Cam say Vala I really care about you. (while he's staring at her cleavage
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    Not at Area51 then?
                    Not at that time. I mean. Argh... I'm not explaining myself. She worked at area 51, but when Landry phoned Jack..... let me try and set it out differently. Sam works at Area 51, but she's gone to visit her boyfriend in Washington. Landry knows that they've set aside the weekend as a romantic weekend, but he needs Sam's help. He's very apologetic about the whole thing, but Jack is one step ahead of him and has already sent Sam.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Yup. No way will they promote Carter over Mitchell. As Sim points out, that would violate the laws of male-dominated, hierarchical society that insists that leading men must lead. And even if the people at Bridge wanted to change that, the people higher up the food chain would surely prevent them from doing it.

Okay, here's one for the bookkeeper. If I'm wrong, and they promote Carter over Mitchell, putting her in full command of SG-1, I'll put the first $40 down on a fruit basket for the writers.
                      I'll match your $40 for a fruit basket and raise you a box of chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Actually...they DO have "Beers of the World" baskets. Well, not baskets per say, but gift...things.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a "Beers of the World' gift thingy myself.
                        Shouldn't we send them something more fitting for the job they have done so far?
                        Spoiler:
                        R U
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Here's what I would like to see, Sam tells Landry that Cam's been leader (cough* for a year now and he should be good on his own. Now she says she deserves to lead her own team SG13 and she'd like to pick her own team. Hearing about this, Daniel and Teal'c (being civilians) tell Cam see ya later and ask if they can join Sam's team. Then we could all watch the new and improved Stargate SG13
                          Now that's the best scenario yet!!

Comment

if cam gets promoted over Sam, we could look for an eagle statue or get some 'real' colonel eagles at an army surplus store and send them to amanda

as the REAL commander of sg-1
                            That is a great idea Sky!!!!!!! Add a honorary Full Bird Colonel plague/award to boot.

Comment

ok, so i think it is

if sam gets promoted, we send the writers a basket
                              if she doesn't and cam get promoted over her, we buy her our own set of colonels eagles and send them to her

That's a great idea! I'll contribute.

Comment

Hope its okay to post this here. Made an Amanda wallpaper. Nothing to great, I'm still learning how to use my programs.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Working...
                                X