Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Yeah? That's cool! AT's got that classic host/narrator voice, I think, and Sci Fi (and many others) has utilized it on more than one occasion. She "co-hosted" the Season Seven Stargate special, and hosted the eighth season special. Plus there's Proof Positive and the Science of Stargate specials. And there's also the fact that she is professional, but is willing to do potentially crazy/weird stuff at the same time.

She's kinda got that voice and charisma that says, "Listen to me talk for an hour on any given subject." And, evidently, people do.
    she doesn't need a subject. just let her go, i'll listen.
    are you telling me i've missed specials on the science behind the stargate?!?!?!
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Well, Cam could maintain the informal atmosphere, which I hope is what happens if any of this comes about. In the reverse, I can't imagine Cam saying "sir" to Sam, either, the ways things have been set up.
      In that case, they'll do what they did with Frasier/Carter most likely - promote them both simultaneously, because didn't they have the same issue there?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Well, Cam could maintain the informal atmosphere, which I hope is what happens if any of this comes about. In the reverse, I can't imagine Cam saying "sir" to Sam, either, the ways things have been set up.
        i'd prefer cam calling her 'sir' than her calling him. but i agree, never goign to happen. :headdesksigh:
        have i mentioned lately i HATE how this has been set up?

Originally posted by minigeek
        In that case, they'll do what they did with Frasier/Carter most likely - promote them both simultaneously, because didn't they have the same issue there?
        that would be...interesting. i'm not sure it would DO anything, per say. but it would be...interesting. i doubt it, though <sigh>. but i've drunk from my glass and it is not offically half empty again. so, maybe... please?

OT: is Lida ok? i mean, i know she's not ok, but is she? i feel so bad about that.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          If the numbers of viewers are declining, then it is very possible that advertisers are less keen, so the show wouldn't be making as much money.

At this point, I don't think that the show would survive losing Amanda, Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge, let alone more than one of them.

A movie, whether TV or box office, starring the original quartet (quintet, if you count Hammond) would probably pull in more viewers and allow SG-1 the dignity of a decent ending, one last note of glory.
          I agree with you about the show losing one of the other three. I have to be honest and as much as I love stargate I would probably not go and see a movie which didnt involve the original four, or at the very least AT, MS and CJ. For me the four of them have become a huge part of why I watch, even though i do like my scif-fi.

If they were in the movie I'm sure it would be great. Some tv shows do end up making movies which are brilliant. As far as I understand the movie Serenity came from the tv show Firefly, both by Joss Weadon, and although I've never watched firefly I love the Serenity movie I had it for my birthday three weeks ago and I've watched it about 5 times. I really enjoy it. Gee I'm sad

To stay on topic Sam is great. And i've just listened to AT commentry on Ascension and it was so cool, even just talking over the episode she comes across as being a very nice and warm person with a brilliant sense of humour.

Hope your all well
          Scifi_girl

sig by starlover1990

Comment

So which name won, Tinkerbelle, Barbie, or something else? I can't find the poll...

My LJ

Comment

Firstly, are you sure someone is gonna be promoted *I didn't follow the recent news *??? Is Cam longer Lt. Col then Sam or not? If he is then he will be promoted. Don't forget that being promoted from Lt. Col. to Full Bird Colonel takes a lot of time for men so don't even think about Sam being promoted after 2 years. I don't really buy it but I'm still optimistic that there will happen something. Someone mentioned the option of promoting them together but who's going to 'lead' SG1 then??? And who says Sam is gonna stay as a member of SG1??? If what I read about the whole 'RDA coming back thing' happens then there will be a lot of changes in Sam's personal life. Doesn't the woman wants kids and a family? I know TPTB is never gonna start with the whole fluffy thing but they could prepare something for the end of the season. I hope this one will be the last. Another said that if Vala is there it's to take Sam's place but I really hope not because I don't appreciate the character. I think it's sad they kept Sam so much out of the loop and now after seeing what they did they're gonna give us crap at bringing her back or make her leave

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                Oh yeah!

Hey, Foothold is on right now. Great Sam ep "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" Hee hee
                Thats actually one of my fav sam lines. and she's right too, one of the reasons why maybourne is so funny, cause he usually gets every situation wrong

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Okay, here's one for the bookkeeper. If I'm wrong, and they promote Carter over Mitchell, putting her in full command of SG-1, I'll put the first $40 down on a fruit basket for the writers.
                  Um, in the grand tradition of 'you are what you eat' - is a fruit basket really the best honorarium to present in these circumstances????

Regardless, if they promote Sam over Mitchell, and give her back her command of SG-1 without turning her into 'miss screwup' so that the command can then be returned to a 'deserving' man, I'll chip in $40 for the whatever-basket, too.
                  ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Well he had to have started growing up after the whole Redemption incident. Where he was wrong. Again. And Sam was right. Again.

Isnt that always the case with Sam and McKay. Just accept that sam is a genius and therefore always right On the topic of someone being promoted, I really hope its Sam, nothing against mitchell but I think it should be sam. in my humble opinion.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                      Um, in the grand tradition of 'you are what you eat' - is a fruit basket really the best honorarium to present in these circumstances????

Regardless, if they promote Sam over Mitchell, and give her back her command of SG-1 without turning her into 'miss screwup' so that the command can then be returned to a 'deserving' man, I'll chip in $40 for the whatever-basket, too.
                      So what do you send a bunch of guys in appreciation for breaking Hollywood stereotypes and correcting an issue against the odds...???? I'd say beer basket but that doesn't sound quite right.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                        Thats actually one of my fav sam lines. and she's right too, one of the reasons why maybourne is so funny, cause he usually gets every situation wrong
                        AT adlibbed that, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                          Firstly, are you sure someone is gonna be promoted *I didn't follow the recent news *??? Is Cam longer Lt. Col then Sam or not? If he is then he will be promoted. Don't forget that being promoted from Lt. Col. to Full Bird Colonel takes a lot of time for men so don't even think about Sam being promoted after 2 years. I don't really buy it but I'm still optimistic that there will happen something. Someone mentioned the option of promoting them together but who's going to 'lead' SG1 then??? And who says Sam is gonna stay as a member of SG1??? If what I read about the whole 'RDA coming back thing' happens then there will be a lot of changes in Sam's personal life. Doesn't the woman wants kids and a family? I know TPTB is never gonna start with the whole fluffy thing but they could prepare something for the end of the season. I hope this one will be the last. Another said that if Vala is there it's to take Sam's place but I really hope not because I don't appreciate the character. I think it's sad they kept Sam so much out of the loop and now after seeing what they did they're gonna give us crap at bringing her back or make her leave
                          I have to say I never considered that option. If the ship is resolved and she wants to be with Jack, I guess technically they could offer her the promotion, but she actually resignes her comission and stays on as a civilian contributor (as Daniel is) so she can get around the regs to be with Jack, because isn't he still her CO in terms of being hed of HWS? (Please, no throwing things, just an idea).

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

I thought the reg issue was with direct chain of command, but I'd think some poeple have some serious issues with Sam being an ambitious leader within the SGC and Jack being the head of Homeworld Security. But I still thought the actual AF regs didn't apply... Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
                              I have to say I never considered that option. If the ship is resolved and she wants to be with Jack, I guess technically they could offer her the promotion, but she actually resignes her comission and stays on as a civilian contributor (as Daniel is) so she can get around the regs to be with Jack, because isn't he still her CO in terms of being hed of HWS? (Please, no throwing things, just an idea).
                              ::slowly puts down flower pot:: <sigh>, yes, i suppose you have a point. but...mitchell without sam? that's like...PB&J without bread! can the show even really TAKE losing one of the big3?
                              <sigh> i suppose we'll find out, eh?
                              ...but its SAM! who's going to be all technobably from now on? who's going to save the world? i know she's controversial, but she does have an important job!

omg. no, really, i did just realize this. what HAS she does this season? honestly, i hardly remember anything. that's so...wrong! SG-1 (team) NEEDS a scientist.

they need sam.

don't they?
                              sigpic

Comment

But couldn't she stay on SG-1 being a civilian like Daniel? Thats what I meant, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Working...
                                X