No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry folks - temptation called, and I answered.

Jack: "So, what happened then?"

Sam: "Well, nothing for a couple days. Then, that Sunday, somebody sneaked out to the flightline and painted a picture of Tinkerbell on the nose of my F-16. Tinkerbell in a Wonder Woman costume, no less!"

Jack: "In a Wonder Woman costume??? I would have paid to see that!"

Sam: "Somebody paid, all right."

Jack: "You're still pissed about this - after all this time???"

Sam: "You bet I am! I'm the one who caught hell for having my plane decorated! And ended up stuck with that stupid call sign to boot!"

Jack: "Oh. Yeah. Sorry, Tink."

Sam: "JAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!" (whacks him with a pillow)

Last edited by Simhavaktra; 08 April 2006, 05:09 PM.
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Sam: "Well, nothing for a couple days. Then, that Sunday, somebody sneaked out to the flightline and painted a picture of Tinkerbell on the nose of my F-16. Tinkerbell in a Wonder Woman costume, no less!"

Sam: "You bet I am! I'm the one who caught hell for having my plane decorated! And ended up stuck with that stupid call sign to boot!"

Hehehe
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Did you draw that, Simha? That's hilarious! I'd GREEN ya but there's no frickin JELLO in my kitchen!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I voted for Sam's callsign and I might add for all of you who were there for the discussion last night.

It was NOT barbie

Muhahahahaha!!!!

My new Sam motto is 'Think Tink!'

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Geez. I just had a vision of Amanda popping on to Samanda for a little cheer and walking into our freakishly obsessive conversation about what her character's callsign might have been.

I can see it now...

*Amanda's eyes bug out as she reads the multitude of obsessive fan rantings about an insignificant aspect about her character, cautiously steps away from the monitor and alerts studio security...just in case*

Actually I could see her chiming in with her selection...maybe...

Legs MacBarbie

sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              ok, it's a little after 2pm where i am. so let's say roughly 24 more hours to vote for yoru 'best sam episode of s1'

monday or so, we'll open things up for season two and i'll announce the winners of s1
              For Season 1, I'd have to give it to Singularity. Just such a great Carter episode. She's strong, compassionate, angry, giving, torn apart, loving...

Seriously. Not much more to hope for so early on.

Granted, she didn't get to shoot anything or blow it up and didn't get to snark...but with the level of depth from the rest of this episode, I'll let it pass.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Lol that's awesome Sim!!! Mind if I borrow it to fix up some more helmet shots?

sigpic

Comment

Sam: You call me "legs" or "Barbie" and your next meal you'll be eating through a straw
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Did you draw that, Simha? That's hilarious! I'd GREEN ya but there's no frickin JELLO in my kitchen!!!
                    Nah - just snitched the graphic :abashed look: from a Wonder Woman links site (http://www.sufferingsappho.com/bouti...boutique.html), rotated, redid the background and hair, put in the lettering and its highlights, then decided it needed some weaponry, and added the bombs!

And you're right - that is the most hilarious image of Tinkerbell - little, flying Amazon bombshell- before I ever got my hands on it! Hmm - I wonder if the guys in her squadron thought of Sam as a 'lttle flying Amazon bombshell"? And how badly did she hurt them if they were ever foolish enough to express that thought to her????

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Lol that's awesome Sim!!! Mind if I borrow it to fix up some more helmet shots?

Hey, i just cobbled it together out of bits - feel free.

Comment

Thought I'd share some photos of Amanda (and husband, Alan Kovacs) taken recently at the Canadian Cancer Society 10th Annual Diamond Ball at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Found these photos at the Catherine Barr web site:

http://www.catherinebarr.com/photos/...diamondball06/

Amanda Tapping and co-chair Shaheen Esmail.

Amanda

Amanda and Alan

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hey everyone!!!!

*wave*

An OT post….

Just popping in to say that the Theatre Play I wrote and directed went up all last week… and it was brilliant!!!! I was FREAKING out all the week before, called a 6-hour rehearsal at my own house the day before show… but in the end it went great. The last run was completely fantastic… It is SO amazing to see something YOU wrote and YOU directed/produced/etc go up in front of an over-sold audience, and have people come up to you after and say they loved it, or their hearts were thumping, or w/e. Woooow.

There was a big awards ceremony last night, as it was for a festival. I got many nominations including the categories of:

Outstanding Technical (Music, Lights, Costumes)

Outstanding Director

Outstanding Ensemble

Outstanding Overall Production – Drama (I was one of two plays in the running)

My play won the Outstanding Technical trophy…

There were only 5 awards that were not for actors, so 4/5 noms isn’t too bad…! I can’t believe none of my actors/actresses were nominated for awards. They were completely brilliant… *shakes head* There were a lot of… interesting final calls on the awards. I really wanted something to take home… the Technical Trophy goes to my Technician person, though I designed and did all the techy stuff while she pushed the buttons for the actual show… oh well. Many people, including some directors, told me after that I got hugely cheated out. *shrug* I knew it was going to happen! The festival Judges weren’t ready for a dramatic futuristic Sci-Fi theatre piece dealing with the profound over-dependency on technology that people are quickly developing. lol.

I had a crazy time doing it, and learnt a LOT which will be useful for the NEXT play I’m directing which started rehearsals last week, this time a Crazy wacked-out Melodrama comedy of an ‘Ole Western SO fun!!! That’s going up in a month, so I’ll probably not be on during the mid-times!
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

The only problem with that is the 8th Fighter Squadron never flew F-16s

Comment

D**n! Out of green for you too This is great! Love the conversation

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                The only problem with that is the 8th Fighter Squadron never flew F-16s
                                This Tinkerbelle is from her days with the F117 - in the 8th Fighter Squadron, hence the bombs.

Sam: "And from then on, any time anything I owned got out of my sight, it had a Tinkerbell on it the next time I saw it. When I joined the 8th, the flight manual for my F117 had a Tinkerbell on the cover when they handed it to me!"

Jack: "Good intel system there."

Sam: "On a cutesy, pink, girlie background!"

Jack: "Better than a wobbly goblin on a cutesy pink background."

Sam: "I bet you wouldn't think so if your own father made a point to give you Tinkerbell skivvies every Christmas until he became a Tok'ra."

Jack: "You'd rather Jake gave you pink goblin panties? Carter, you are officially weird."

Sam: "This from the man who owns every kind of Simpson boxer shorts known to exist."

Jack: "Yes. It's a collection."

Sam: "The next time you're flying the F302, look at the empennage - It's gonna have Homer saying "Doh!" on both of 'em, and you can add that to the 'collection.'"

Jack: "Why Tink, what a sweet way to show you care."

(more pillow whackage)
                                Last edited by Simhavaktra; 08 April 2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X