No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe she was stationed in the south when she got it?????

little southern belle????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I voted for Sam's call sign... I had a hard time deciding between wizard or Einstein. I thought one of these were more fitting, the ways she solves the problem and saves the day. I read a fic where Sam's call sign was wizard and it seemed to fit well. I'm not sure, but I think it was one of astro's fics...

I also like Blue Angle that someone else mentioned. The real life flying aces are the blue angles aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          I also like Blue Angle that someone else mentioned. The real life flying aces are the blue angles aren't they?
          yeah, navy though.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            yeah, navy though.

ahhh.. Wasn't sure which branch.

Oh dear ... I worry a little about all those that dislike Sam and their take on her call sign.
            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 08 April 2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Oh dear ... I just left the poll for Sam's call sign and I worry a little about all those that dislike Sam and their take on her call sign.
              there's probably a good chance that a lot of her 'buddies' didn't quite respect/like her, though. so maybe it evens out.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                TY Sky ... I voted for Blondie

Comment

I can't decide between Blondie, Tinkerbelle, and Barbie... I'll have to wait a little bit before I vote.
                  Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Yeah and as PR said the Angels are Navy - formed at NAS Jax - see them every year at the air show was a highlight as a kid.

At the Vancouver con AT was part of the reinlistment ceremony for a someone in the US Navy. He asked N John Smith if we would see the Navy show up on SG. John said that they are working with the Navy to film in the North Pole with both shows and he laughed and said yeah maybe the Navy should be represented on Atlantis. It was really sweet when he came up to the mic during ATs time on stage to thank her - he was almost in tears and had a hard time talking.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      Yeah and as PR said the Angels are Navy - formed at NAS Jax - see them every year at the air show was a highlight as a kid.

At the Vancouver con AT was part of the reinlistment ceremony for a someone in the US Navy. He asked N John Smith if we would see the Navy show up on SG. John said that they are working with the Navy to film in the North Pole with both shows and he laughed and said yeah maybe the Navy should be represented on Atlantis. It was really sweet when he came up to the mic during ATs time on stage to thank her - he was almost in tears and had a hard time talking.
                      oh wow! THat is so sweet!

Comment

ok, it's a little after 2pm where i am. so let's say roughly 24 more hours to vote for yoru 'best sam episode of s1'

monday or so, we'll open things up for season two and i'll announce the winners of s1
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          Nice one Sim... I vote for that one!

Keep in mind there's got to be a conversation somewhere where Jack wheedles her call sign out of her
                          Oh Gods - you realize you've just coined Jack's nickname for her in a buuuunnnncccchhhh of stories of mine?

"Tink!!! Something's wrong with the cable and the Simpsons are on!"
                          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            btw, the copyrighted fairy character is spelt 'Tinkerbell'. the 'e' possibly was added on purpose, but thought i'd mention it anyway.
                            It was - given Sam's propensity to get grubby, muddy and battered in the course of fulfilling her duties - and the fact that she doesn't seem to mind that aspect of being in the field even a bit - imagine how she'd feel about being accused of playing 'the belle of the ball.'

Level 3 hand to hand comes to mind...
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                              Oh Gods - you realize you've just coined Jack's nickname for her in a buuuunnnncccchhhh of stories of mine?

"Tink!!! Something's wrong with the cable and the Simpsons are on!"

LOL! I SO want to see those stories.

And one where Jack wheedles her call sign out of her. I hope someone writes them soon!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Well... In our defense, I think it's important for this whole callsign thing to be established. The sooner it's mainstream and legit, the sooner Thunderbirds reps will realize she's interested. The sooner that happens, the sooner she gets an invite.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
                                Tinkerbelle.

Comment

Working...
                                X