Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see, sam still trumps him

although, have you noticed that poor rod is the Angel of Death??? red shirts drop over in his presence
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
      Nope, just covers. My writing skills extend only as far headlines.

Here's the link to read the Time mag cover : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gazine_con.jpg
      you are *so* talented, seshat! i wish i could have seen amanda's face while seeing your mag for the first time.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

*sam thinking*

meeting mckay
        'well, he seems nice. i'm sooo glad to have another scientist to talk to!'

after hearing mckay
        'f**k'

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam - Someone thinks this guy is smarter than ME?! As if!
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Because so many of you in here have given me green for my artwork (so kind of you all! ) I'm posting a link to the larger high res version of the Time covers san sig that I gave to Amanda so you can read it for yourselves. I know it's hard to discern the copy on the low res image. Just please don't link to it directly or reproduce it elsewhere. And yes, those really are the wormhole formulae and desciptions off of Sam's laptop in Upgrades used as a background pattern.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gazine_con.jpg

In answer to several of your questions via PM and rep, I actually told Amanda when I handed the covers to her that I thought it was about darn time Sam got that Nobel Prize for Wormhole Physics, so I was giving her one myself...that made her smile most, I think.

I love the character of Sam and always have, I just don't get around to all the threads these days...but I did, in fact, lurk in here quite a bit when I was trying to come up with ideas for the covers. This is a wonderfully upbeat place.

These truly are wonderful. I loved the background text on the 'Time' one. I got such a silly smile seeing that Nobel Prize for Sam.

If the Stargate program ever went public I would like to see such recognition for Sam.

Comment

ok, the nightly tally

33 votes for 6 episodes

torment of tantalus
              serpents grasp
              solitudes
              hathor
              singularity
              emancipation

and two of those are tied.

Now, these aren't the only ones you can vote for, any s1 episode is eligible.

i do ask you to PM them to me tomorrow. i'm gonna be out all day and off line and i don't want to miss them

y'all have until sunday or so.

then we'll start on season two
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                and (continuing in the otness ), moonlighting's writing got real screwy. i didn't even watch the show (it ripped off 'remington steel' and ticked me off), but i remember reading the synopses of the eps and wondering what the hayhoo was going on with their convoluted writing. *bad writing* destroyed that show, not bringing the two interested parties together. my opinion.

writing rst (resolved sexual tention) between sam and jack would be even easier now because half of that party isn't even on the show fulltime.

to jump to full sam related issues, here's my fun guesswork on what i think some of sam's fave things would be --

ice cream: vanilla. that way, she can drawn it in carmel sause, make malts, add cookies to it, etc.

food: homemade chilli.

drink: white chocolate mocha, from Starbucks.

snack food: cheese popcorn and barbecue potato chips.

music: classical (john williams greatest hits), rock (dream theater), country (bluegrass), pop (alanis morissette and annie lennox), and anything odd or unusual. *she's currently listening to the Abba's greatest hits*

tv show: lost. (she can't decide which guy she wants more on that show, jack or sawyer ) *she also owns all the seasons of macgyver on dvd*

movie: (undecided. ask her later )

internet sites: 'lost' forum.

guilty pleasure: *she won't tell *

sally

Interesting list Sally. I can completely see Sam having MacGyver on DVD. And I can also see Lost appealing to her, it's such a complicated, complex story. Though it would be hard to follow that show with her schedule. Her DVR would be getting a workout. I don't know about Sawyer's rather...flexible morality appealing to her though. But Jack is so straight-laced. I actually think she might find Sayid the most appealing. (Or, you know, I could be projecting because I find him most appealing.

Comment

And now a motivational image brought to you by the creative, evil minds of FSG1 and SunKrux...

But before I allow you to click that link, first I must say...

AD! Please make sure you're securely fastened in your seat and have your towel/bucket/drool bib firmly in place. You have been warned. That goes for any one who might be a bit faint of heart...

This motivational message was brought to you by the colors red and black as well as the letters A, S & S.

We now return you to your normal Sam is a Great Character discussions.
                  sigpic

Comment

teh hot *drool*

Comment

Poor AD. He never knew what hit him. RIP, AD!

On a twisted note, I just caught a repeat of ER, and I got one dab of Kerry Johnson and another dab of Pete Shanahan in one breath! It was like the twilight zone or something!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        And now a motivational image brought to you by the creative, evil minds of FSG1 and SunKrux...

But before I allow you to click that link, first I must say...

AD! Please make sure you're securely fastened in your seat and have your towel/bucket/drool bib firmly in place. You have been warned. That goes for any one who might be a bit faint of heart...

This motivational message was brought to you by the colors red and black as well as the letters A, S & S.

We now return you to your normal Sam is a Great Character discussions.
                        Laugh, I've been forced by Sunny and her conspirators to post my version of the motivational poster.

Priorities

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Laugh, I've been forced by Sunny and her conspirators to post my version of the motivational poster.

Priorities
                          Those are supposed to be DEmotivators Kat.

Way cool poster. I believe HRH would approve.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Priorities
                            You should always listen to me dahlink! I know what's good for you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              teh hot *drool*
                              *shakes head as she hands AD another bib

Sweetie, you really should get thicker bibs.
                              sigpic

Comment

Jckfan55 very kindly asked me to pop in here from the SMOR thread and post the two Sam covers I did for Amanda to autograph at the Vancouver con.

I was especially pleased to finally be able to award Sam Carter her long-deserved Nobel Prize in Physics and to make her Time's Person of the Year, and of course, be the "publisher" of her most important work, her highly-acclaimed Asgard training manual, 1001 Dumb Ideas.

These are wonderful, Seshat!
                                Last edited by astrogeologist; 06 April 2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X