Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Lemme get this straight: Are you saying that Sam and Jack are Zelenka's parents?
    NO!

(zelenka is the scientist guy on atlantis, right?)

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Skydiver, Formerhost and others who are interested, this is the Vala Open Forum designed so we can keep this the Samanda thread and not the Samala thread

Just a quick apology (and I really should do this in public, seeing as the cattyness was in public), Sky, I'm really sorry for being so short with you earlier. You didn't deserve that at all.

As for best episode, I preferred Singularity because Sam really started to open up as a warm, caring human being. How attached she got to Cassie... I love solitudes too, but I watch that for ship, not for Sam.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        I like happy endings so I would like TPTB to finish the storyline THEY started with a happy, positive ending. There's enough sadness in the world.

i know!

give me my happy/sappy ending

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Sorry Sally but her favourite potato chips are Ketchup
          oh... i don't understand what you mean.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Sorry Sally but her favourite potato chips are Ketchup
            oh... i don't understand what you mean.

sally
            Let me help out here Sally Ketchup chips can be found in Canada. I had some when I went to the Vancouver Con (for you Canadians I also really like All-Dressed chips) so I think Mandy is refering to Sam liking them better than BBQ chips.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I'm watching 48HRS right now, and here's a pic of Sam's first meeting with McKay

What do you think she's thinking
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                I have mixed reactions about how Landry and Sam interact. At times he cuts her off without actually listening to her, which gets on my nerves. Jack use to cut her off, but he knew and trusted her that I didn't have a problem with it. With Jack it was "okay we've worked together for 8 years and I trust whatever plan you came up with I don't need to hear the explanation" (also I think it depends on the writer some writers hate the techno part so they have someone cut her off instead of doing a little research in order for her to complete the thought.)

Now with Landry he does the same thing, except he doesn’t have the background that JAck and Hammond had. To his defense maybe it goes back to the phone conversation Sam walked in on when she came back. Landry obviously thinks she was greatly needed (I don't remember exactly what was said). I'm guessing he has read all the reports, commendations, heard what Jack and Hammond had to say about Sam, Teal'c and Daniel.

I think it can be interesting to see how these two interact and they both gain one another’s trust and respect. As long as that's the road they are on and the writers show that progression. I think AT and B.Bridges even talked about this.
                I totally know what you mean, Ann. There were times when I would just cringe, because I was like, "Why, exactly, are you acting that way?" when he talked to Sam or Daniel. I felt like, ya know, Old SG-1's experience outweighed that of all of the newbies combined, even Landry. So I really didn't like that he came onto the scene acting like he was. And I absolutely hated (a bit strong, I know) that it seemed like he was giving Cameron preferential treatment.

But Landry, by nature, is no-nonsense and abrasive. And his various connections with Cameron probably come from the fact that he's a man's man. Hammond and, of course, Jack are as well, but they have completely different styles. I've since gotten over it, because I've realized that that's the way it is.

It would be nice to see more interaction between Landry and Sam, though. I wouldn't bet money that that's the road they're on, simply because both Beau Bridges and Amanda Tapping have said multiple times that they'd talked about fleshing out their own unique dynamic, and had hopes for perfecting it, yet the writers simply didn't provide. It wasn't one of their priorities. I'll still watch out for it, too, Ann. Because it really could be cool, if BB and AT are given the opportunity to work it out between them.

Comment

I'm watching 48HRS right now, and here's a pic of Sam's first meeting with McKay

"I wonder whether they're serving lemon chicken today?"
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

As sexy as he is when he gets all hissy, I just don't think this is gonna work out...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      As sexy as he is when he gets all hissy, I just don't think this is gonna work out...
                      What, Sam thinking Rodney's sexy??? Only in Rodney's halluscinations
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Aaaah ...... another use for lemon meringue pie !
                        -

Comment

Can I interest you in a dessert? Lemon Jello, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            that's soooo awesome!

is there anything 'in' the magazines, or is it just the cover with amanda/sam stuff?

sally
                            Nope, just covers. My writing skills extend only as far headlines.

Here's the link to read the Time mag cover : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gazine_con.jpg

Comment

"Sheesh! He's always got to go one better than me. I blow up a sun....he blows up half a galaxy!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                "Sheesh! He's always got to go one better than me. I blow up a sun....he blows up half a galaxy!"
                                Since when did McKay blow up half a galaxy? O.O

He blew up two thirds of a planetary system (unintentionally mind you ), but Carter blew up a system's star - which is as good as destroying the entire system anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X