No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo hoo.... I always wanted to be McCubed... specially if I get to be on Mini?? Pfft lol.... [childish giggle]

Now you just wait till I get time to read back and figure out what I've got myself into here.... in the meantime.. Spaz beware the power of 3, McCubed with a coke & fries or.. something...

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I changed my mind come on Myrth, we can be 3M (or Mcubed, you know its a math thing)
    as for you spaz
    sigpic

Comment

Yes ma'am? Three bags full ma'am... hang on, aren't I on the other team?

[Cue hero music] Yes it is I... Mistress Myrth, be good and I may allow you the honor of doing my bidding....

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Order a drink? Oh no, I have spankings to attend to! But while you guys are all at play over there..... MYRTH, HONEY!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        Woo hoo.... I always wanted to be McCubed... specially if I get to be on Mini?? Pfft lol.... [childish giggle]

Now you just wait till I get time to read back and figure out what I've got myself into here.... in the meantime.. Spaz beware the power of 3, McCubed with a coke & fries or.. something...
        You do realise that the idea of McCubed with Fries and Coke turned my mind to food and eating and very unPG thoughts there, dontcha Myrth (you can't keep a good dyke down... Bahahahahaha ) Anyway... does this mean that you're now attacking me, Myrth?
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You know, it's interesting you say that, because I was watching those promo mini-interviews and one had Claudia Black saying that once UST was resolved, the show loses that spark.

i felt the only reason claudia said this was to let the *s/j shippers* know what to expect.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Regarding how I would like to see Sam in season ten either as leader of SG-1 or 2IC of the SGC.

If season ten continues to follow on the same path as season nine, then to be honest I would say sod off to SG-1 and hope that Sam in put in command of the newest Tauri vessel. Why? Well because it's obvious that we won't be using the Stargate much anymore, and spacecrafts seem to have become a huge part of the Ori story arc, so Sam might as well be front and center. After watching the finale to Camelot it's plain to see that being a member of SG-1 is really not a productive place to be any longer, all the big battles involve CGI spacecrafts and big explosions and I'd rather see Sam sitting in the captain's chair and giving all the orders than standing on the sidelines watching the battle take place.
            *nods*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm? Not sure if i want Myrth on Mini and my side against TJ, Spaz and Sal (you know you started all this don't you) She might enjoy it toooo much
              *whistles innocently*

sally

anyone notice how crazy 'lost' is getting???
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Only if its Povorotti

.... about this povorotti thing... is it a 'good' thing?

wonders if another language other than english is being spoken now

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Ummm... I don't know yet... I'm still at work and can't read back. I'll get back to you on that... but even if I am it's an attack with sincere affection

You do realise that the idea of McCubed with Fries and Coke turned my mind to food and eating and very unPG thoughts there, dontcha Myrth (you can't keep a good dyke down... Bahahahahaha ) Anyway... does this mean that you're now attacking me, Myrth?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    it doesnt' quite look like a sari, but a dress inspired by the ide

and that shade of blue is fantastic on her, very classy
                    It looks like a Salvar. But it is hard to tell since you can only see the top.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i felt the only reason claudia said this was to let the *s/j shippers* know what to expect.
                      sally
                      But Claudia is absolutely right in it. Remember "Moonlightning"? The show completly "lost it" after Maddie and David got together. UST (at least on screen) is definitely the best solution. But in fanfics...

Comment

And if 10 turns out to be the last season it will be a nice ending to a great story.... the Moonlighting concept is only in play while there is the intention to continue the show/story.

Originally posted by Formerhost
                        But Claudia is absolutely right in it. Remember "Moonlightning"? The show completly "lost it" after Maddie and David got together. UST (at least on screen) is definitely the best solution. But in fanfics...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          And if 10 turns out to be the last season it will be a nice ending to a great story.... the Moonlighting concept is only in play while there is the intention to continue the show/story.
                          I don't think it's the same scenario as other shows anyway, given that RDA is no longer a regular on the show. If it were, say, Daniel and Vala *ducks incoming objects* then maybe, but because it is a guest star and a regular, the resolution won't "ruin" the show. Am I making sense? What I'm saying is that really, seeing as RDA isn't there, the UST isn't there on screen anymore, so resolving it won't damage the show in any way.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Perfect sense TJ and exactly. In those terms the door is pretty much wide open for a ship resolve now, nothing to lose relaly

I don't think it's the same scenario as other shows anyway, given that RDA is no longer a regular on the show. If it were, say, Daniel and Vala *ducks incoming objects* then maybe, but because it is a guest star and a regular, the resolution won't "ruin" the show. Am I making sense? What I'm saying is that really, seeing as RDA isn't there, the UST isn't there on screen anymore, so resolving it won't damage the show in any way.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Regarding how I would like to see Sam in season ten either as leader of SG-1 or 2IC of the SGC.

If season ten continues to follow on the same path as season nine, then to be honest I would say sod off to SG-1 and hope that Sam in put in command of the newest Tauri vessel. Why? Well because it's obvious that we won't be using the Stargate much anymore, and spacecrafts seem to have become a huge part of the Ori story arc, so Sam might as well be front and center. After watching the finale to Camelot it's plain to see that being a member of SG-1 is really not a productive place to be any longer, all the big battles involve CGI spacecrafts and big explosions and I'd rather see Sam sitting in the captain's chair and giving all the orders than standing on the sidelines watching the battle take place.
                              very good point.

if coop's new direction is to get away from the characters, make them bland and boring and easily replacable, then let's put sam in a place where she can really lead and do some good.

it's fairly obvious to me that, no matter how incompetantly he's written, cam is and will always be the leader (in one way, it's a bit more reality. sadly enough, in this world it's all too common for 'incompetant male' to be promoted over 'competant female') so to hades with SG-1, leave it for the sex jokes and triteness that coop thinks is entertainment and let's let sam go somewhere and lead...and if that's at the helm of a ship, so be it
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

whether or not ship 'destroys' the show, well it is solely in the pov of the viewer, but i think it also depends on how much of hte show is the ship.

in moonlighting, the whole show was the relationship. whereas in stargate, it's rarely been the whole show, but a part of it...and sam did just fine without jack.

it can be argued that sam's less than stellar stories in s9 had a lot of contributory causes

her being gone for almost 1/3 of the season
                                the concentration of attention/storylines on cambo
                                the concentration of attention/storylines on the daniel/vala burlesque hour
                                maybe a minimizing of sam to accomodate NOT working AT 14+ hours a day
                                Some darn poor writing and over emphasis on SFX

I mean, sam's not the only one. Given taht the spin we heard with Ben joining the show was 'more time for everyone', poor teal'c has yet again, been relegated to silent muscle in the corner and, unless it's a jaffa storyline, he's completely ignored.

at least sam has other stories than sam/jack for them to write if they choose....poor t-bear, if they can't stick him in robes and have him wrestle they don't know what to do with him
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X