Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    Why do I feel like I'm missing something here? When do I get slapped? Coz you know.. not that I enjoy that kind of thing.....ummm....
    I'll spank you all you want, Myrthy Baby. All you have to do is ask!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Regarding how I would like to see Sam in season ten either as leader of SG-1 or 2IC of the SGC.

If season ten continues to follow on the same path as season nine, then to be honest I would say sod off to SG-1 and hope that Sam in put in command of the newest Tauri vessel. Why? Well because it's obvious that we won't be using the Stargate much anymore, and spacecrafts seem to have become a huge part of the Ori story arc, so Sam might as well be front and center. After watching the finale to Camelot it's plain to see that being a member of SG-1 is really not a productive place to be any longer, all the big battles involve CGI spacecrafts and big explosions and I'd rather see Sam sitting in the captain's chair and giving all the orders than standing on the sidelines watching the battle take place.

Comment

Why do I feel like I'm missing something here? When do I get slapped? Coz you know.. not that I enjoy that kind of thing.....ummm....
        start here Myrth, but watch out for Spaz's left hook
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6913&page=1737
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Regarding how I would like to see Sam in season ten either as leader of SG-1 or 2IC of the SGC.

If season ten continues to follow on the same path as season nine, then to be honest I would say sod off to SG-1 and hope that Sam in put in command of the newest Tauri vessel. Why? Well because it's obvious that we won't be using the Stargate much anymore, and spacecrafts seem to have become a huge part of the Ori story arc, so Sam might as well be front and center. After watching the finale to Camelot it's plain to see that being a member of SG-1 is really not a productive place to be any longer, all the big battles involve CGI spacecrafts and big explosions and I'd rather see Sam sitting in the captain's chair and giving all the orders than standing on the sidelines watching the battle take place.
          good point Kat, and she would actually have her own chair, something that Jack always complained about
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Woo hoo.. on demand spankings... ahem....

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            I'll spank you all you want, Myrthy Baby. All you have to do is ask!
            sigpic

Comment

Woo hoo.. on demand spankings... ahem....

Hmmm? Not sure if i want Myrth on Mini and my side against TJ, Spaz and Sal (you know you started all this don't you) She might enjoy it toooo much
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Ohhhhhhhh! Where's the royal bookie? We could take odds on who would win...and have a pool and....

Oh right.

Violence is bad.

Bad I tell you!

Stop that.

Well, I can tell you right now, that I'm officially out of my class, and Mandy and mini (M&m) are going down.

Trace, you just sit back and order a nice margerita. This will all be over in a sec...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Suuure you laugh now Wait until you have Shipper Sal trying to mow you down
                  lol!

oh, mandy...

(((mandy)))

i won't be mowing you down... i'll just do the drugging you silly thinger.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Well, I can tell you right now, that I'm officially out of my class, and Mandy and mini (M&m) are going down.

Trace, you just sit back and order a nice margerita. This will all be over in a sec...
                    Order a drink? Oh no, I have spankings to attend to! But while you guys are all at play over there..... MYRTH, HONEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

I changed my mind come on Myrth, we can be 3M (or Mcubed, you know its a math thing)
                      as for you spaz
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Poor Mandy. You'll bounce back, you always do! Offers Sally an extra tenner if she does the job properly this time!

but about this tenner thing... is this a 'good' thing?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                          Only if its Povorotti
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                            Ummm, tenner. Slang for ten pounds. I guess another $15 or something. Never mind. Lame, culture specific joke, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              I changed my mind come on Myrth, we can be 3M (or Mcubed, you know its a math thing)
                              as for you spaz
                              Before I annihilate Mcubed - that is, obliterate them from this existence - I just want to say that if, if, IF tptb decide that they want to "fix" the Sam/Jack ship, but are in a quarry between addressing it further and showing Sam as an awesome scientist/soldier (I don't know why it's an either/or thing with these people, but I digress)... I hope they pick the second option.

I've been agonizing over it, and I just can't see any other way for Sam to come out of this insanity OK. Since they evidently view it as an either/or issue, if Sam is reduced to The Other Half of JamSmack, than every issue that we've had with Season Nine will be further exacerbated. It's like they'd be saying that, you know, everything that they've, you know, done with the character until the beginning of Season Nine is completely, you know... moot.

However, if by some act of God (or whatever you want to place there ), the writers manage to show Sam kicking butt, taking names, and calling Jack by his first name, WITHOUT taking away from the other characters, then we've got ourselves a miracle. And a dang good resolution to a long-standing arc.

They really need to see that it doesn't take much to please Sam fans. Give her a gun, a sentence that starts with "Theoretically," and show her competence, and you're good to go. And if they really wanna cherry on top, they could let Jack and Sam officially be together. See? That's not too hard!

*rolls up sleeves*

Now... where was I? Tracy! Myrth! I swear, you guys are supposed to be in pain right now! Sheesh... The things I go through to defend TJ's honor.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                                I'm not who you're looking for for an answer to your question, but I hope you don't mind if I pop in to give my two cents. On FS, John and Aeryn didn't get together until the very end of the series. They got back together right at teh end of S4, and in the miniseries, the situation was so dire that we got very few scenes of them together as a couple. In fact, there was still a lot of conflict between them. So really, TPTB of FS made sure to keep John and Aeryn apart until the very end of the series. Though it's hard to tell what they would've done of FS had gone another season. Unfortunately, we never really got a chance to see them as a couple for more than a few eps. I'm not sure if the spark would've stayed or not if they'd been a couple for much longer.
                                thanks for the reply, shards!

i think it just goes to show that 99 percent of shows really 'do' wait to the end to bring their favored ship together. and i really don't think it's because it's hard to write an interesting established couple together, it's just *easier* to write them as UST over RST.

too bad.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X