Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    The termination of TJ will result in your mini-dismemberment, I assure you. And I do my work for free.
    That's okay mini you handle TJ, I think I handle spaz
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The termination of TJ will result in your mini-dismemberment, I assure you. And I do my work for free.
      Oh yeah? Bring it. You and me, outside, right now.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Here's a direct link to the pics of Amanda at the Ball (not with Baal)
        http://www.catherinebarr.com/photos/...diamondball06/
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          SNIP
          on a slightly different note (that's still related to sam and ship); any fans out there of farscape that liked the john/aeryn ship (please, formerhost, let a sam fan answer)? did any of you think resolving that relationship (them getting together, getting married, having a child) *hurt* the show? or hurt their characters? or hurt the sexual tention (unresolved sexual tention) between them?

i watched 'hart to hart' and 'macmillian and wife' years ago, and both of them were couples that still not only functioned separate from one another, but still retained their incredible spark.

resolving the sexual tention doesn't mean that couples (or storyline) becomes bland. at least to me.

sally
          I'm a closet S/J shipper and I'd like to see the ship included in the series BUT I don't trust the writers who brought us Pete the Stalker to do it right so I'd rather they left it alone.

I liked the john/aeryn ship too but I thought they botched the job royally on the show and would rather they hadn't resolved it. To be fair though, I was one of the fans having problems with the last season so that may have coloured my response to it.

OH! McMillan and Wife I loved that show! I agree RST does not mean the characters/storyline have to turn bland but it is all up to the writers and at the moment I am not trusting enough to want anyone to go near the S/J ship at this time.

I was just catching up on the thread this morning and a reply to Coley caught my eye. You don't REALLY throw penguins in here do you?
          RoX runs and hides Alastair the Penguin just in case!
          -

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Ohhhhhhhh! Where's the royal bookie? We could take odds on who would win...and have a pool and....

Oh right.

Violence is bad.

Bad I tell you!

Stop that.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
              I was just catching up on the thread this morning and a reply to Coley caught my eye. You don't REALLY throw penguins in here do you?
              RoX runs and hides Alastair the Penguin just in case!
              Hmm? you might not want to know what else happens with penguins in here, just ask ChopinGal and Lys
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Ohhhhhhhh! Where's the royal bookie? We could take odds on who would win...and have a pool and....

Oh right.

Violence is bad.

Bad I tell you!
                Stop that.
                Um the Royal Bookie's taking on spaz, while mini's taking on TJ
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  After a long absence I am finally back to play with you all. I've gotta say I missed coming here and posting. But I was able to at least lurk from time to time, and you guys had some great discussions, it was fun to read.

I also have some AT news to share. The Canadian Cancer Society just hosted its 10th annual Diamond Ball and Amanda helped MC the event.
                  There are even some pictures of her on the web on Catherine Barr's website. I am not sure about the rules on posting such pictures, so I am not going to do it, but you can go to Catherine Barr's website (here) and simply put Amanda's name in the Google search and it will give you a link to the pictures.

thanks, Dani76---great pictures---and neat that AC helped MC the event.

Skydiver---great interview with Carmen!!! I hope you do many more interviews down the road!!

Comment

on a slightly different note (that's still related to sam and ship); any fans out there of farscape that liked the john/aeryn ship (please, formerhost, let a sam fan answer)? did any of you think resolving that relationship (them getting together, getting married, having a child) *hurt* the show? or hurt their characters? or hurt the sexual tention (unresolved sexual tention) between them?

i watched 'hart to hart' and 'macmillian and wife' years ago, and both of them were couples that still not only functioned separate from one another, but still retained their incredible spark.

resolving the sexual tention doesn't mean that couples (or storyline) becomes bland. at least to me.

sally

For me-Farscape was really John and Aeryn's story that happened to be set in a Sci-Fi universe more than it was a sci-fi show that happened to have 'ship. I really loved the character of Aeryn, and Farscape in general.

But, the show did go through a lot of acrobatics to keep the couple apart. It almost seemed like each season they would slog through whatever obstacles that kept them apart, briefly work things out, and then be torn apart again. I actually gave up the first run episodes because of this-missed much of a season before I started watching again.

From my perspective-the show was a lot weaker when it was trying to break them apart than when it let them be together.

The same thing applies, to me, for Sam and Jack. So much of what has been uncomfortable for me, and the basis of many anti-ship complaints Ive seen has been more because of the backbends required to force them apart season after season.

Comment

Mandy: You want me to TERMINATE TJ?! Well, ok. But I charge extra for Samandans. There's more guilt involved. Therapy bills, you know.
                      Since when did you start backing Mandy? Oh, right. Since I was a penniless student and couldn't afford your services. It's ok though. Hopefully Sally can inflict damage before this gets out of hand

I got me a fanclub! Woooooohooooooo! Thank you Spazzy, I wuvs you!

Originally posted by MandySG1
                      That's okay mini you handle TJ, I think I handle spaz
                      EEK *hides behind Myrth and Spazzy*

Nooooooo! Not the Spazzy! Hit Skydiver instead! She's big and tough and has SuperMod Powers!

Originally posted by MandSG1
                      Um the Royal Bookie's taking on spaz, while mini's taking on TJ
                      I go away for 20 minutes to get my tea (mmmmmm steak with spinach and ricotta tortellini and red wine sauce....mmmmmmm) and all hell breaks loose. In fact... it looks something like this:

Hmmm. Might shut up before Sky clamps down on us *quakes with fear*
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                        I've been thinking that for years - she saved the earth from an asteroid, for goodness sake and that's just one of many things she's done through the years...

Every time she's in her dress blues I look to see if they've added anything, for someone who has gone on as many missions as she has and saved the day as many times as she has, she should have a lot more, I would think..

here's a question (and i've thought about it many times).

would you like to see sam as leader of sg1, OR, second in command of the entire base?

choose your answer with the way the show's being written right now (with mitchell there and the co-leading stuff).

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

for a person that's not really a shipper, you sure as speaking words i can relate to.
                          You know, for me it's not about having to have Sam and Jack get together. Frankly, I just want all of the characters to get to be happy. And, as the show has been written, for O'neill and Carter, that does include some manner of resolution to the tap dance that's been going on for years now. Whether they wind up together or not, I think it would be unforgiveable for the writers to try and ignore an element of the show that has been so prevalent and so important to the characters.

Basically, I just don't want to see anymore character regression or stagnation. I don't want to see previous character issues or relationships swept under the rug because the writers don't have the crust to deal with them or because they don't fit in with New Stargate. So, it's not just about the the Jack/Sam ship for me, though I will admit that that is a rather prodigious issue for both of those two characters. I also want to know what's up with Cassandra. She is, supposedly, someone who is pretty damn important to all of the team. I want to see Teal'c continuing his relationship with Ryac, I want to know what's happening with Ishta and the Haktyl. And Daniel, wouldn't you know, once died and ascended to a higher plane of existence. You'd think that might be a topic of conversation given the nature of the new super-evil, bad, scary, unbeatable, murderous, vile (yet surprisingly sprogish) villain. Perhaps we could see Daniel himself struggling with this "lost" part of his life. Or, if that whole mind trip truly is never to be brought up again, how about that former flame of his who was gonna make the rivers of the Earth run red with blood? Sarah Gardner seems to have fallen into the black whole of "Old" Stargate, too.

And, hey, does anybody else remember that guy from the movie who did that thing, then came back and did a bunch of other stuff? You know, that dude played by the funny three-word name guy whose face used to be plastered all over everything Stargate? Perhaps it really would be better for the show if the audience found out a little bit about what he's doing now, how things have been going. For that matter, as much as I like Ba'al, I'd like to know what some of the other goa'uld are up to nowadays. Surely he's not the only system lord left drifting about in space. And I'm pretty sure a snakey politician is slithering about somewhere, too. Ooh, and then there's the superest plot device of them all--the Tok'ra. For being mentioned so damn often for the past two seasons, you might figure that they'd show up every now and then. But, alas, no. Apparently Jacob was the last of them that will ever deign to grace the SGC with a visit. Nonetheless, don't you all think they might be interested in the new order that seems to have taken hold in the galaxy? Bah, you're right. They were always such bashful, unassuming folks. Of course they're happy to let the Tau'ri speak for all the inhabitants of the galaxy.

So, yeah, I'd like to see the O'neill and Carter stuff get worked out some how. If for no other reason than there's just too much other stuff that doesn't get worked out and dealt with. I feel like there's already been too many shortcuts taken with the plot in order to mutate the show into this bigger, better version of SG-1. I'd hate to see any more taken with the characters' interactions with each other. Because when it comes down to it, it is the characters interactions that are the most important part of the show for me. Asking for a little bit of consistency is not asking for too much. God knows the writers used to do it rather well.

Hopefully, with some of the spoilers and rumors floating about for season ten, TPTB will be addressing at least a couple of things. RDA wants to "tie up some loose ends". And I'm overall far more optimistic about this upcoming season than I ever was for season nine. So, trying to stay positive.

Comment

would you like to see sam as leader of sg1, OR, second in command of the entire base?

choose your answer with the way the show's being written right now (with mitchell there and the co-leading stuff).

sally

*takes a break from fight "Just a minute mini I'll be right back"

Well I'd like to see Sam lead SG1 because that's where the action is on the show. Remember how bored Jack was sitting behind the desk. As leader we get to see all aspects of Sam, kidk ass sodier and scientist
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

sally
                              write now, I'd like to see her as leader of SG-1. not only is that where all the action/science/Sam-like-stuff and screen time is, I think she needs it. As much as I trust ad admire her skills, she's a Lt. Col, and has a lot to learn before she becomes 2IC. She is completely ready to be leader of SG-1 though. Give her 2 years.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                *takes a break from fight "Just a minute mini I'll be right back"

Well I'd like to see Sam lead SG1 because that's where the action is on the show. Remember how bored Jack was sitting behind the desk. As leader we get to see all aspects of Sam, kidk ass sodier and scientist

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I want to see Sam lead SG-1 as well because I want her on the adventures---the interesting stuff, and I love that she is a kickass soldier and scientist and would miss the soldier offworld stuff so much. Sam has been going offworld for 9 years---I don't want that to stop. She belongs in the field. Dr. Lee belongs in the lab, and Landry should continue as the commander. Plus her science and of course military skills come in real handy offworld! I want to keep my science in this science fiction show and that means Sam going offworld for more adventures.

Comment

Working...
                                X